• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT2| We Promise Nothing and Deliver Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, which is why I'm saying that it's poorly written overall, but Arena's main focus was never focus. No fighting game has story as its main focus, it's always the fighting mechanics. All I'm saying is that while it is absolutely poorly written aside from a single storyline, it's still miles better than 90% of every other fighting game out there.
All I'm saying is that it's a decent first attempt and needs to greatly be improved upon by the sequel.

Fair enough. I just think that because arc sys was working on the fighting part, Atlus could have worked on the story part to make it better. Especially since Arena is canon.

Other fighting games having terrible stories is not an excuse for P4A's subpar story.

No, but considering the story had to justify the characters of two different games having a big dumb fighting tournament with eachother... you probably should have had you expectations low.

That said, I really like P4A's story all told. Way too redundant, so you got to know when to fight your OCD and mash on that skip button, but there's some good stuff in there. My problems are more in terms of implementation than the actual writing.
Also, I'm actually super hyped for Ultimax's story now that I've heard some stuff about it.

No, but considering the story had to justify the characters of two different games having a big dumb fighting tournament with eachother... you probably should have had you expectations low.

That said, I really like P4A's story all told. Way too redundant, so you got to know when to fight your OCD and mash on that skip button, but there's some good stuff in there. My problems are more in terms of implementation than the actual writing.
Also, I'm actually super hyped for Ultimax's story now that I've heard some stuff about it.

You act as if I expected P4A's story to rival the mainline ones. I didn't. I did expect it to be better then we got due to it being canon. Labry's story was the only really good one and its tucked away at the end. Having to go through all the other storylines, which are not only nothing special but almost the same except for a few changes, to get Labrys' is bad.

You act as if I expected P4A's story to rival the mainline ones. I didn't. I did expect it to be better then we got due to it being canon. Labry's story was the only really good one and its tucked away at the end. Having to go through all the other storylines, which are not only nothing special but almost the same except for a few changes, to get Labrys' is bad.

The only requirements to get to Labrys' story was Yu > Aigis. I made the mistake of saving Labrys' for last. That was fucking awful.

Welp, it's been fun OT2. See ya, Space Cowboy.

df1ef5cf_tumblr_mlkvtrGZDD1qc8qobo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom