• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Playing Sanic Adventure 2
This fucking game

Ah, isn't it a bit soon to be rewatching kill la kill?
john-cena-funny-face.gif

Man I'm glad Matt slowed that down, I was always curious as to what they said. Also I forgot that Gurren Lagann/FLCL shit that happens

Man I'm glad Matt slowed that down, I was always curious as to what they said. Also I forgot that Gurren Lagann/FLCL shit that happens
There were already videos of Jeanne's monologue slowed down back when the game came out, wasn't hard to look it up.

Best part about it is that the Miyuki manga it references is real. The half sibling comparison ends there, though.

My door closer on my door of my room at uni broke. Like it fully ripped off my door and was hanging on by the doorframe. I'm paying money to live here and it keeps falling apart... But I took off the door closer so it didn't rip the doorframe down or some shit while I slept in the night. I'll need to report it tomorrow even though I did went it originally started to come off and look what has happened now.

Erm... IRLGAF I guess... I just wanted to moan because the fucking builders being this place are shits and the place is nice but some things are just lazily done.

Either way I've been up all night and I'm going to write terrible fanfiction to make myself feel better.
it'll be called Eat N Fuck and is Serph x Heat

Yes.

Its actually a challenging fight.

It's not challenging, it's bullshit. There's a distinct difference between something being hard and gambling on the game allowing you to win or not. My friend and I played it for an hour and almost every death was because the game fucked up and killed us.

It's not challenging, it's bullshit. There's a distinct difference between something being hard and gambling on the game allowing you to win or not. My friend and I played it for an hour and almost every death was because the game fucked up and killed us.

Nah, I think its a solid fight.

Final Hazard is bullshit

sjay1994

So, like a 3d sonic game pre colors?

My door closer on my door of my room at uni broke. Like it fully ripped off my door and was hanging on by the doorframe. I'm paying money to live here and it keeps falling apart... But I took off the door closer so it didn't rip the doorframe down or some shit while I slept in the night. I'll need to report it tomorrow even though I did went it originally started to come off and look what has happened now.

Erm... IRLGAF I guess... I just wanted to moan because the fucking builders being this place are shits and the place is nice but some things are just lazily done.

Either way I've been up all night and I'm going to write terrible fanfiction to make myself feel better.
it'll be called Eat N Fuck and is Serph x Heat
Man that sucks. Atleast your Uni is handling it. Dealing with doors are such a pain.

This time was on the PC port. I did the same fight on the Xbox version a year earlier and it was just as fucked and a playthrough on the gamecube just to see if it was just as fucked and it was. The entire bossfight is bullshit and fucked.

You're bullshit and fucked.

SA1 is the worst with that shit

There were already videos of PERSON's monologue slowed down back when the game came out, wasn't hard to look it up.

Best part about it is that the Miyuki manga it references is real. The half sibling comparison ends there, though.

Oh I'm sure, I just kept forgetting/too lazy so I just appreciate that he did it. Also I figured it was, I didn't see why Suda wouldn't especially when it was hidden. Might wanna spoiler that btw

You're bullshit and fucked.

SA1 is the worst with that shit

SA1 is way worse in every way and there isn't even a somewhat fun game under the bullshit, but no matter what anyone says they'll never convince me that SA2 isn't complete bullshit. I love that game, even now, I love it, but it's complete garbage.

SA1 is way worse in every way and there isn't even a somewhat fun game under the bullshit, but no matter what anyone says they'll never convince me that SA2 isn't complete bullshit. I love that game, even now, I love it, but it's complete garbage.

I love both games

SA1 is The Room of video games

sjay1994

You escaped the city and lived and learned things.

Every 3d sonic game pre colors is not great.

Great music though.

Skrams

Missed the new thread again. Welp. The most sort of inside joke for a thread title too.

Also don't really care for the Berserk OP joke. I love me some Berserk OP, but it'll still be kind of weird for the 4 people who bother opening up this thread who don't know the best friends. I imagine most will miss the FAQ in the 5th or so post. I guess it won't matter much since this thread will be gone in 15 days though.

Unrelated like usual, but this Tearaway Platinum sucks since it's kind of glitched. Just got to rerun this area millions of times until it finally registers that I've killed all the enemies. Then hopefully I can move on to Parasite Eve so I can watch the LP. I also have Ys Memories in Celceta coming in the mail in a week. Fucking video games.

Edit-

I really fucking hope Pat doesn't actually think it's pronounced G-O-G-O. I don't fucking say Giorno like G-O-RN-O. It's just a cool way to say JoJo. Pat must be fucking with me.

The ranked 1 fight in NMH1 is SO GOOD.

SO DAMN GOOD AND (NMH1 spoilers)
ITS NOT EVEN THE FINAL BOSS
. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO FUCK UP YOUR RANKED 1 FIGHT NMH2? God damn it I still shouldn't be salty about this, but just watching this whole LP and re-experiencing the game just makes it even more super obvious how big of a disappointment 2 was, even if its still a decent game.

. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO FUCK UP YOUR RANKED 1 FIGHT NMH2? God damn it I still shouldn't be salty about this.
I still think it's shit on purpose, there's no way it was that bad without it being intentional. Especially
Henry
being like "fuck this dumb bullshit"

I think this might be my new wallpaper
For your Vita? Put it on your Vita. Get a Vita.
It was just posted on this page btw

. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO FUCK UP YOUR RANKED 1 FIGHT NMH2? God damn it I still shouldn't be salty about this, but just watching this whole LP and re-experiencing the game just makes it even more super obvious how big of a disappointment 2 was, even if its still a decent game.

No but two Beam Katanas though

Night everyone, see you in about 11 hours

I still think it's shit on purpose, there's no way it was that bad without it being intentional. Especially
Henry
being like "fuck this dumb bullshit"

But even if the design was dumb, it was just such a horrible and cheap fight. It was a satire that horribly executed, unlike NMH1 where its a satire that's actually executed really well. Though you can say that's kind of the theme for the whole game.

No but two Beam Katanas though

Hated that weapon in 2. Stuck with the Tsubaki Mark III the entire game.

whos idea was it to make the final boss of NMH2
the brother of a dude you killed in an insignificant side mission from NMH1?

But even if the design was dumb, it was just such a horrible and cheap fight. It was a satire that horribly executed, unlike NMH1 where its a satire that's actually executed really well. Though you can say that's kind of the theme for the whole game.
Basically. And it's a weird fuzzy line of what's intentional, what's garbage, and if doing garbage on purpose is any better than just being garbage.
The Baz is gonna take over VGCW!
The Storm Has Come

Woof these gifs are destroying my laptop.

whos idea was it to make the final boss of NMH2
the brother of a dude you killed in an insignificant side mission from NMH1?

Its the worst. God damn it, I hate the end of NMH2 so much, but everything before it to a certain point was just MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Especially rank 2 was just fucking amazing in that game.

Basically. And it's a weird fuzzy line of what's intentional, what's garbage, and if doing garbage on purpose is any better than just being garbage.

That's how I felt. NMH1, its very clear when something is supposed to be intentionally designed to be shitty and monotonous, and when something is supposed to be hype and its driven home by its execution during those moments. No More Heroes 2 felt just so awkward with what you're supposed to feel at times. Its was a mess in its execution which really hurt the overall design.

Top Bottom