• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R is the best selling Bomberman in Japan in the last 15 years

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Despite the complaints, I'm really excited to pick this up this week. Hopefully this means we'll get more Bomberman in the future.

I never knew Bomberman was never a good seller at all...geez those numbers are horrible lol.

And this is only japans sales. I can imagine the numbers being good around the western world too. Bomberman R sales might make it look like Minecraft in comparison to sales of previous Bomberman games!

NotLiquid

Maybe this will be a good incentive for Konami to push out a patch much sooner. They brought some good will back to Bomberman, would suck for them to lose it.

Cleve

They said it would get a patch right, is that same patch gonna make the online not be P2P connections?

Lol, konami aren't going to pay for more infrastructure for the game. Hopefully they fix up the netcode, and patch some of the other issues with the game though.

DonShula

Unfortunately the unresponsive and floaty controls kill it. (Yes even in SP)

This having been my first Bomberman game, I was wondering if that was intentional. It does create some comedy for multiplayer, but yeah, the control is not good. Seems like such a simple thing to botch.

Camjo-Z

Great news. I was really expecting the price tag to kill the chances of it being successful, but never doubt that launch thirst.

Seik

Banned
I'm glad for Bomberman's success.

R may not be the best game, but I'm getting enjoyment out of it, played multiplayer a lot of times with friends and lots of story co-op as well.

It's not Bomberman Saturn, but it carries the classic Bomberman DNA that I love.

me0wish

I'm loving the game so far, but it desperately needs grid controls, bosses are frustratingly hard, and 60 fps would of been really nice.

A bit of polish would of done wonders. I hope that it will get patched, and I'm glad I picked it up.

I feel very conflicted on this game.
I love Bomberman, but fuck Konami.
I want to buy this game, but fuck Konami.
Nintendo being the reason this game exists makes it more palatable, but fuck Konami.
I want more Bomberman games to be made and want Bomberman in Smash, but fuck Konami.
Ugh, I don't like being conflicted on a game like this.

I guess I am alone but I enjoy the 3D plane of the single player game which is what everyone complains about. It works for single player for me. The classic view is awesome for multiplayer.

Just fix the online lag and its a fantastic game for the life of the switch. Major longevity. Probably will play it well passed the next Nintendo console to be honest.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Nintendo being the reason this game exists makes it more palatable, but fuck Konami.
I want more Bomberman games to be made and want Bomberman in Smash, but fuck Konami.

Sounds like the game's not for you.

Conflicted about this. On one hand I applaud Konami for bringing Bomberman back. On the other hand the game is a mixed bag- local multiplayer is still awesome, though that's kind of hard to screw up. Single player is just OKAY. Online multiplayer has been pretty terrible in my experience.

and fucKonami

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

almost like that whole thing put emotions before thought

I'm waiting for a price drop (Zelda and indies have been enough to tide me over for now), but happy to see this. Hope we get another game later (and hopefully more polished.)

I know my purchase of this game in the US has no bearing on this, but I really wish I hadn't bought the game. It is such a step down for the series in basically every aspect. The worst controls, awful graphics and art style that make it difficult to discern between the bombable blocks and what's just part of the stage.

Bomberman '94 is vastly superior on every level, as is practically every other installment in the series.

I'm not sure if you genuinely didn't know or are being facetious.

Either way, I'm not opposed to Bomberman in Smash at all, in fact I think that out of all the 3rd parties, Konami is the most deserving of getting a shitload of guests in Smash (Bomberman, Simon Belmont and Snake at the very least) since they produced so many absolutely classic series, along with the Hudson properties they bought.

I'm just saying that you probably should temper your hope and hype a bit, especially considering that Konami has a veteran (that also happens to be a massively popular character of a multi million dollar franchise).

No no I was being totally genuine, I had completely forgotten Monster Hunter amiibo were coming and I had definitely never seen them, they look incredible O:

As for my level of hype even though I subscribe to this crazy theory I do know it's crazy and I'm definitely not like, sitting here expecting it to really happen or I'll be devastated. It's more like, I'm suspicious, and if it happens I'll be like "I fuckin knew it yes!" but if not I'll just be like "Oh guess I was wrong bummer"

GamerJM

Banned
I know my purchase of this game in the US has no bearing on this, but I really wish I hadn't bought the game. It is such a step down for the series in basically every aspect. The worst controls, awful graphics and art style that make it difficult to discern between the bombable blocks and what's just part of the stage.

Bomberman '94 is vastly superior on every level, as is practically every other installment in the series.

This is why I didn't buy it.

Personally, to me, if you're gonna resurrect a classic franchise, that's not enough, it has to be a game that lives up to the franchise's legacy and would be something I'd buy if it were still running. There's a lot of good games coming out these days, I'm not gonna buy a game I don't actually want to play very much solely to support or not support something.

Skilletor

Game feels off from other entries, and Saturn bomberman is still the goat, but this has been seen a lot of play on weekends at my house. Also, joy cons work really well. So good.

Toad.T

Banned
Absence will make the heart grow fonder. The inevitable Megaman game based off the new show will break records too, regardless of the quality.

Top Bottom