• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super GAF Street Fighter AC Turbo Fighting Tournament Sign up Thread.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
rastex said:
Agreed... hahaha ours should be a fun match, I haven't played SF2 in soooo long

I haven't played SF2 since the first night I had it............

wanna get it over tonight?

LakeEarth

Oh yeah! Better put Olubode and Nikashi onto my friends list when I get home.

And remember it's 'LakeEarth v1', don't forget the space.

EDIT - sent my invites :D

negitoro7

Hmm, when was this draw released?

Reason I ask is because "GigaDrive" sent me a friends request a few days to a week ago, and I had no idea who he was as I've never played him/her before.

I declined the request and sure enough, I find out today that I'm playing GigaDrive first round in SF2 :S

LakeEarth

Think happy thoughts :p

And practice. You got a week before this round finishes. Pick a guy and practice, read a faqs and figure out his tricks, practice and go in thinking you're the shit :D

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
negitoro7 said:
Hmm, when was this draw released?

Reason I ask is because "GigaDrive" sent me a friends request a few days to a week ago, and I had no idea who he was as I've never played him/her before.

I declined the request and sure enough, I find out today that I'm playing GigaDrive first round in SF2 :S

A day ago

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK. I get LakeEarth in SF2 thinking, "well, I always like SF3 better"

And I fucking get Lyte Edge..... :/

Anyhow, LakeEarth, look for me soon.

P.S., I'm going to E3, so we gotta do this wellbefore then.

Nikashi

Banned
I beat LakeEarth 2-0 with Dudley and Ken.

Games were really close though. I got some really lucky parries in the 2nd match.

LakeEarth

Yeah I can't believe I lost to someone with 5-40 record. 4 rounds in a row. I don't know how it happened. Worst yet we had a practice round and I beat him with fucking Twelve. I've been looking forward to this tourney for a MONTH now and it's over in 3 minutes. FUCK!

olubode said:

Anyhow, LakeEarth, look for me soon.

P.S., I'm going to E3, so we gotta do this wellbefore then.
If the SF3 tourney shows how much I apparently choke under pressure (of which there was none at first), then don't worry. I'm not playing anymore today.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
olubode said:

:lol I suck, so you have nothing to worry about. :) I think I'm going to fare much better in Hyper SF2.

Olubode, Rooter, contact me via PM and/or add me to your friends list and let me know when you want to play.

Pachinko

hey sorry junkster, I'll go add you to my Friends list in Xbox live ... atleast I think you are the one I want. Fantasmo and Shadyrequiem.

If I dont get a heads up from you on the boards I'll be online periodically to check if you are there or not , hopefully the connection is good.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Pachinko said:
hey sorry junkster, I'll go add you to my Friends list in Xbox live ... atleast I think you are the one I want. Fantasmo and Shadyrequiem.

If I dont get a heads up from you on the boards I'll be online periodically to check if you are there or not , hopefully the connection is good.

I didn't even know we were matched up. How about Thursday late night? Say, after 11:30 or so, east coast? Where is the list of drawings anyway?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
You guys should set up a pay pal system where the entry is $5 and whoever wins gets the money xfered to thier account. :)

LakeEarth

haunts said:
You guys should set up a pay pal system where the entry is $5 and whoever wins gets the money xfered to thier account. :)
Yeah right. Then we set it up, you go "okay, this time I'll join" and beat all our asses. I KNOW YOUR PLAN!

jobber

he can't beat me!

While I was waiting for my challenger I played this SS ranked guy who kicked my ass within 7 seconds.
So he taught me some things... :(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LakeEarth said:
Yeah right. Then we set it up, you go "okay, this time I'll join" and beat all our asses. I KNOW YOUR PLAN!

HAHA, NO WAY!

lol, ok you got me..

:p

still, maybe you can do a "no hntz tourney" so at least someone gets some cash money for this.

rastex

Banned
jobber said:
he can't beat me!

While I was waiting for my challenger I played this SS ranked guy who kicked my ass within 7 seconds.
So he taught me some things... :(

Crap man, I totally missed your reply to me about the time! sorry!

When are you available next??

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
haunts said:
LyteEdge's Chun Li is fearsome!

SHUT UP.

:lol

It's fucking scary-- I went home after we played and was playing the CPU on level 8 with Chun-Li. Got A and B rankings just by doing standing fierce punches and crouching medium kicks into her super. Even the GAME wants you to play that way.

But I'm still liking Elena more and more now.

jobber

nice asskicking :)

I probally wasn't playing at my best cause I was on the phone (why I didn't talk but I heard you!)

Odd thing is when I tried to boot up SF2, it's stuck on the loading screen. If you still want to play SF2, stay on til I try to firgure out wtf is going on cause I was just on it before the match.

rastex

Banned
Great matches man. That last one with Ryu vs Balrog was damn intense. I think we were both pretty damn rusty though heh.

And sorry for not playing more matches, I had some things come up.

Onto the next round!

LakeEarth

Haha, I saw you guys on Xbox Live, I knew the battle was ON! Good stuff.

I wanna play you Jobber, eventually. You're always playing ESPN MLB though :lol

jobber

Sena an invite f00.

Yea trying to talk to a chick in 1 ear, trying to concentrate on the fight, and being drugged up isn't a good combo.

I'm usually a lot more competitive so I guess I'll play you again and beat you with uhhh....Ryu

LakeEarth

jobber said:
Sena an invite f00.
Didnt want to bother ya. I hate getting invites to play a game when I'm playing a completely different game. I mean you gotta finish the game you're playing (5-10 minutes depending), shut down the game and put in the other (1 minute), wait for SF:AC to load up (2 minutes) and log on (few more seconds)... but next time I'm playing, I'll send one your way.

Piper AZ and Black Mamba have apparently both fallen down a deep hole. Possibly the same one.

I declare myself the winnar of Round 1, and that I have a friendly, if occasionaly grating, personality.

Sync M

Banned
i cant seem to meet up with lyte edge

i've pmed him and added him to my friends list... hopefully he'll make it in the next couple days.

LakeEarth

Yeah, I haven't seen Olubode on all week either. Or anyone else on my list from GAF for that matter. Everyone else give up on this game :(

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry yall. I would still like to play.

Lyte and Lake Earth, let me know.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Lakeearth beat me 2-0 in SSF2T.

Thanks for the beatings XD

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry guys a have had a busy week, two assignments one test a few parties.

A week’s extension for both tournaments I will send out PM’s in a few hours to let everyone know what’s going on.

Top Bottom