• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super GAF Street Fighter AC Turbo Fighting Tournament Sign up Thread.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
LyteEdge, let me know when your ready.

Pachinko

I've been online for atleast a breif amount of time about 10 times this past week and not once was one of my opponents online or had theyleft me a message.

This is the only thing I don't like about trying to do an online tournament, it was hard enough just to get people to go online solo in rallisport over 3 freaking weeks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nikashi said:
Did LyteEdge and Olubude play yet? I'm kinda getting impatient now :)

I didn't get a chance to get online last week (brother came home for the summer, set up his computer, and is hogging all the bandwith with stupid bittorrent downloads. grrrr), but I should be able to play this week.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
The tournament needs to be done all at once in one saturday afternoon or something.everyone meet on live all at the same time and knock it out real quick.

lee,

we need to play more tekken!

LakeEarth

Thanks for the good game negitoro7, sorry I had to run so fast. Apparently my dad thought today was a good day to buy 50 pounds of seabass with limited freezer space o_O

LakeEarth

negitoro7 said:
No worries man.

Sorry I didn't accept your invite after the first request, was playing against "First to 5 Wins".
Yeah I play that guy all the time. Bastard always gets me in match 9.

LakeEarth

That's my main problem I think. I let my opponent control the match pace too often. I was facing an awesome Urien player and I lost 5 games in a row (not exactly in a row, twice he picked someone else and I destroyed them), but when I decided to just go all out nuts with Yun I creamed him.

negitoro7

Yeah, Urien is one of the characters that I know I need to rushdown to have any chance of winning (unless he whips out random Knees and Shoulders as parry-bait).

Usually I need to rushdown:
Urien, Makoto, Dudley, Elena, Alex.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Nikashi

Banned
How about this. Everyone who hasn't played their 1st Round Match by this Sunday, is automatically disqualified. I am sick of waiting :p

LakeEarth

Nikashi said:
How about this. Everyone who hasn't played their 1st Round Match by this Sunday, is automatically disqualified. I am sick of waiting :p
Yeah, something like "if you haven't said 'I can't find either of my opponents' and haven't played your game yet, you're out"

damn dudes. i have this game on the way from gamestop but it was a preowned one and is now "backordered". fucking ricockulous. i will get in on the next tourney

p.s. how many of you play with the controller S? and how adequate is it?

Nikashi

Banned
I use the controller S with the mediums mapped to the triggers. Works really well for me, and parrying is pretty easy with the pad, as well.

negitoro7

I use the controller-s until I have time to mod my SFAC joystick.

I use default config. and it works well enough for my (lack of) skills. Only problem I have is EX moves don't come out consistently, and I can't kara-throw with a pad. I hate that I can't combo into EX-machinegun blow with Dudley using the pad.

Hmm I guess I should mod it soon and re-learn how to use an actual stick.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Nikashi said:

Yes i agree this is fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikashi

Banned
Hey, Do the Mario, would you, as organizer, be willing to PM all the non playees so we can go on. Here's my proposal.

All non-players will receive this PM (Or a variation as Do the Mario sees fit).

"Post your intention to play by Sunday or forfeit"

If someone posts and their opponent doesn't, automatic victory.

For those who post as well as their opponent, they have till the following Sunday to play their match or they both forfeit"

2nd round matches to start on the Monday after that.

LakeEarth

negitoro7 said:
I use the controller-s until I have time to mod my SFAC joystick.

I use default config. and it works well enough for my (lack of) skills. Only problem I have is EX moves don't come out consistently, and I can't kara-throw with a pad. I hate that I can't combo into EX-machinegun blow with Dudley using the pad.

Hmm I guess I should mod it soon and re-learn how to use an actual stick.
Very true. Because of that I don't do as many EX moves as I should (especially Alex's Jump FP - MK - Flash Chop, so many times I could've finished the match if I EX chopped but didn't). Those 6 button pad things are supposed to be coming out soon (if ever), I'll see if those help the situation.

EDIT - I just checked, it got delayed AGAIN to mid June. Maybe they got cancelled and they aren't telling anyone o_O

EDIT 2 - IGN has a review on the controllers and gave them a 6.0 so this may not lead to goodness. Which sucks cause I really wanted an alternative to the S-Controller without having to use an adaptor or something.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Nikashi said:
Hey, Do the Mario, would you, as organizer, be willing to PM all the non playees so we can go on. Here's my proposal.

All non-players will receive this PM (Or a variation as Do the Mario sees fit).

"Post your intention to play by Sunday or forfeit"

If someone posts and their opponent doesn't, automatic victory.

For those who post as well as their opponent, they have till the following Sunday to play their match or they both forfeit"

2nd round matches to start on the Monday after that.

I did do a round of PM’s two weeks ago

The problem is

- I only got half the receipts back
- To many people are not regular GAF’ers and might not know what a PM is

rastex

Banned
ya, so this tourney is a bust. Let's hold another one with like 8 players all on one day/night. MUCH easier to setup I think.

rastex

Banned
Yup, exactly.

Honestly, after seeing the little interest in the game when I made the official thread a while back, I knew a tourney wasn't going to happen. It's cool though, I've made some rivals...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I've gone online several times over the past week and just haven't found either person I'm supposed to play.

I say start this tourney over again; 3rd Strike only, no non-GA memebers or banned members allowed, and let it happen over a day or two.

BTW why doesn't the game give the "victim" of a disconnect the win? I was playing a SS ranked player online tonight; for someone ranked that high, he really didn't seem like anything special, and after he got me a few times, I beat him down with Elena. Right before the game went back to the rematch screen, the bitch disconnected. :p

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I was thinking lets get 8 of us to play a round robin (two groups of 4?) what do you guys think about that?

For example

Winning 2-0 3 points
Winning 2-1 2 Points
Losing 2-1 1 point

The two players on top in each pool go into a knock out.

The big advantage is system is the flexibility of having 3 opponents.
It would be played over a two week period?
You can play each person twice (the more active you are the more points)

rastex

Banned
Lyte Edge has the right idea. Forget this 2-week crap and these complicated round-robin methods. Let's do like most other fighting game tourneys that are somewhat successful. One day (or over a weekend MAXIMUM), 8 people who will all be posting in the thread.

LakeEarth

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fellas, throw me into the tournament if its not too late, my username on xbl is FrenchMov
Haha, this better not be a half-assed commitement as it turns out ~60% of the people who signed up for this tourny. I'll add you and we'll play some games.

just let me know who i need to play and when. i'm on the west coast, i am usually home anytime after 3pm pst. i usually have to close @ work on mondays and wednesdays, so on those days i'm only around until about 1 pm pst. then i get home @ around 9 pm pst.

i just played some SSF2 and got my fucking ass whupped. man i need to get back into the swing of things.

p.s. holy shit @ the animation on SF3. i remember playing this game before but i dont remember it looking this good. while the resolution can't touch guilty gears, i think the animation is head and shoulders above every 2d fighter ever

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
FrenchMovieTheme said:
just let me know who i need to play and when. i'm on the west coast, i am usually home anytime after 3pm pst. i usually have to close @ work on mondays and wednesdays, so on those days i'm only around until about 1 pm pst. then i get home @ around 9 pm pst.

i just played some SSF2 and got my fucking ass whupped. man i need to get back into the swing of things.

p.s. holy shit @ the animation on SF3. i remember playing this game before but i dont remember it looking this good. while the resolution can't touch guilty gears, i think the animation is head and shoulders above every 2d fighter ever

Just wait up we are going to scrap this and have a much smaller tournament with regular GAF members/ posters.

LakeEarth

We can count on myself, DTM, Rastex, Nikashi and negitoro7 for sure... those are the guys I actually see playing the game regularly.... well not me, I haven't played it in 2 weeks, well I know what I'm doing tonight :lol

LakeEarth

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit i suck nuts at both games, but i still have fun playing. i'll get better in time
I sent an invite. One day we'll play, I'll teach you all the lil tricks of the trade.

Nikashi

Banned
Good trick in a tournament match. Pick your worst character and play like shit for a 'pratice' round. Let Twelve beat you even. :D

(j/k LakeEarth)

LakeEarth

Nikashi said:
Good trick in a tournament match. Pick your worst character and play like shit for a 'pratice' round. Let Twelve beat you even. :D

(j/k LakeEarth)
Don't forget to let your friends play your account to artificially lower your score (to a record of like 5/40 or so), thus trapping your opponent into a false sense of security :D

I still can't believe my headset snapped as I was accepting your game invite. Fricken OMEN I tell you!

LakeEarth

Sorry to both LyteEdge and Rastex for denying the invites, I've never EVER had 4 invites at one time before for Street Fighter but for some reason last night was special. But I invited a friend to play with me, and it would've been weird to go "Hey, get off you're g/f, come on to Live, come on! COME ON!! (play one match) Ohh, invite, I gotta go" :lol

Next time!

Top Bottom