• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marcato Bros. ep. 200: A Celebration! (VGM podcast)

PillarEN

200 episodes of Super Marcato Bros. The boys take a look back and share some favorite moments as well as sharing some of their favorite pieces that they have shared on the podcast. Feel free to share your experiences with the Super Marcato Bros.

For me, I ran into this podcast when someone on GAF posted the interview with David Wise. Was that two years ago? 3? I don't remember but I do remember that soon after I started listening on a weekly basis and I went back and listened to nearly all the old episodes. There is a reason I haven't missed any episodes since. You guys do an excellent job and introduce me to new music all the time. Then other times you breakdown music that I do know and give it another perspective. I love it when I'm in agreement with you guys. I sneer and yell like crazy in my head when you knock down things I do like like that Daytona Let's Go Away song (I'm joking about the seething hatred guys). The interview episodes are special and I feel like overall we do not get enough interviews of these composers in other gaming media outlets. It's crazy to me. So when you guys spend like 40 minutes or whatever just talking about their history, current happenings, breakdowns of some tracks, it's great and the people also respect you guys because it's clear you know what you guys are talking about. So not only are you guys doing a great job on the standard shows, you are also doing a huge service to videogame music fans by actually having these lengthy talks that almost nobody else is doing. That's special.

Another interesting tidbit. You have covered so many games and yet somehow you guys have never ever played a single track from Master of Monsters. I'm particularly partial to the Genesis version of that soundtrack. I think it's straight up amazing and it makes me emotional thinking about how powerful it is. I'll make sure to recommend it next time you guys do a people's choice episode again.

Congrats on 200. Looking forward to another 100 episodes.

If you guys want to check out the video version of the podcast go to the episode page. Or check out the youtube channel.

Episode Page

iTunes

Tracklist:

Pop n Music 12 - Dream Line Out - Konami - PS2 - 2006
-Magical Voice Shower

Aladdin - Donald Griffin - Virgin - Genesis - 1993
-Camel Jazz

Rockman & Forte - Naoshi Mizuta - Capcom - Super Famicom - 1998
-Opening Stage

Ys II - Meiko Ishikawa - Falcom - PC88 - 1988
-Subteranean Canal

Harumi Makoto - Gusty Garden (SPC700 Arrangement)

Silver Surfer - Tim & Geoff Follin - Arcadia - NES - 1990
-Stage 2

Gravity Rush - Kohei Tanaka - Sony - PS Vita - 2012
-Resistance and Extermination

Top Bottom