• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| RSVP: Guests of the Groom

sleepnaught

Game was alright, definitely disappointing for me, though. So many of the worlds were terribly unimaginative and flat out boring. Namely the Snow, Cap and Cascade kingdoms. Once you've collected the Moons in most of these worlds, there's no incentive or fun factor in returning. The lack of any sort of Boo/haunted kingdom is severely disappointing to me as well, especially so close to Halloween.

There's also very little platforming involved outside of the challenges, so, you're just stuck with a tiny sandbox devoid of creativity for the most part. Where is that magic Nintendo is known for? Certainly not here.

Then there's the Broodals. Never in my life have I played a game with such generic, boring characters. The boss fights again, boring and lacking any creativity, with the exception of the non-Broodal world bosses, some of those were great.

Music was severely lacking as well. Outside of 1 Up Girl and the Cascade theme song, the rest are completely forgettable. Every 3D Mario prior had a stellar OST that I rehearse in my head to this day. Not so with Odyssey.

Oh, and that Kingdom you get after completing the main story line? More disappointment.

I'd rate it 7/10 and that's being generous.

Pila

Last night I entered the
snow kingdom

I get half the moons in every kingdom before I move on, I think it's a good balance between exploration and "doing the main quest".

Gotta catch'em all, eventually. =P

Social

I had no idea the moons you could buy in the shop were infinite... What's the point of that? That puts a downer on things. If you can't collect enough moons, you buy them... Ugh.

For the people claiming to have problems doing the Circle Hat Trick this can serve more or less as an aid:

https://youtu.be/OG_H9W1BQbw

On the topic of motion controls: Why isn't the gesture mapped to the 2 repeated face buttons I.E. "A/X"?

Because there's some sort of Nintendo unspoken "rule" that wants 3D Mario games to be controlled mainly with 3 action buttons and directional input. So the game remains accesible to the wide user base they are targetting. Map hat toss up, down and circular attack to shortcut buttons and then you have double the action inputs to keep track of.

A physical gesture is easier to remember than relating an action to an arbitrarily named button like XYAB. Also in this case the physical gesture is quite relatable in hte context that tossing a hat would work like flicking a hand.

I had no idea the moons you could buy in the shop were infinite... What's the point of that? That puts a downer on things. If you can't collect enough moons, you buy them... Ugh.
That only is the case after rescuing Peach in case the user wants a shortcut to gather more moons to access more content. Before that event is only 1 moon per store.

Going of on a tangent. The options given to facilitate the collection of Moonshines are well tought out:
  • First, the user is clearly guided to complete the more structered Moonshine in a level which is plot related.
  • After this event, the hint bird appears. nd is just that, it gives a vague clue of where a Moonshine lies.
  • Need further help without down right spoilers? Pay the explorer Toad some coins and get the location marked on the map.
This is a well implemented guide system within the game and minimizes the need for the user to acces the internet avoiding ruining surprise and discovery as much as possible.

Pila

???

When I buy it, it says "got it" and it's greyed out...

Peterc

Its like the assist mode. Some people doesn't have the time or aren't hardcore players. Thats why they have an alternative. So they can enjoy also the complete game. I don't mind that at all, it's your choice if you do it or not.

ubiblu

It took me some time to really mull it over, but after 740 moons I’m fairly confident in calling this my favourite video game of all-time. Breath of the Wild is a close second (gaming for 25+ years and two new all-time favourites in 8 months; 3 if you include Persona 5!).

The game really has a bit of everything from past mario adventures, but it is so much more than the sum of its parts. The presentation, graphic style, music, atmosphere, level design, and non-linear collectables help make this game shine above all others and just be downright fun, all the damn time.

Still discovering really great new challenge rooms and 2D segments: the game is so full of surprises.

cereal_killerxx

Just curious. Does this game get more difficult as it goes? So far, it's been pretty easier aside from the
Jaxi Driver/Jaxi Stunt Driver in the Sand Kingdom.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Just curious. Does this game get more difficult as it goes? So far, it's been pretty easier aside from the
Jaxi Driver/Jaxi Stunt Driver in the Sand Kingdom.

That part you had spoil tagged for me was more annoying than difficult. Controls for that felt slightly weird to me but with enough tries its definitely doable. The only part so far ive played in the whole game that irked me.

tassletine

Factually speaking, there are levels alterated by the collection of certain Moonshines (plot related ones) just like you are describing.

i don't understand why you are isolating Odyssey from 64 here. Actually your perception seems off, if anything Odyssey borrows way too much from past 3D Mario games withotu offering much of it's own. i say this because so far (it might change) Cappy seems more like Luma desguised in a very clever presentational trick. i use the term presentation because it seems like "capturing" is just another way to present the same power up system. *Note: i already said my judgement of this might change later.

The striked part i won't even tackle because it's purely subjective.

What's the relevance of when the challenging levels appear for this game specificaly? seen this complain more than once in the thread but no one has bothered to articulate why is that a problem.

However, i don't know how the other game comparisons (Assassins Creed, Dark Souls?) are warranted. How Odyssey lacks identity when it works like Mario 64 and borrow heavily from all 3D Mario games?

My perception may well be a little off as I haven't played 64 in years, but I do remember a feeling of progression that this game doesn't contain. I feel like I'm shopping here, looking for challenge, rather than it being part of the landscape. I've never had that in a Mario game before. That's why I liken it to a Ubisoft game, it feels a little dead, a bit by the numbers, despite the innovation on display in other areas.

The reason I call some of the levels bland is some of them are bland compared to the rest -- that's not really subjective. Ideas for a level include a more realistic forest and a city (do those even count as ideas?) now compare this to a
level made of food
, or a
palace on the moon
and you'll understand what I'm getting at. The lower forest area is literally bland however. There's almost nothing there. Same with areas of the desert.
When you get to a particular level you'll understand what I mean about Dark Souls. There's a definite tip of the hat.

The importance of when the challenging levels appear is really just one of pace for me. It's almost as if the hard sections of the game are entirely optional, but my main gripe is that to get to a challenge (that may or may not be actually challenging) it's actually a bit of a chore as very few of the main play areas contain decent gameplay. Lots of things to do, yes, but nothing that really taxes you.

tassletine

I see where you're coming from though to me it doesn't make the game disappointing, just different.

It's true that traditionally, in 64 and Sunshine, players are encouraged to explore the whole environment in pursuit of accomplishing one objective - e.g. Yoshi's Fruit Adventure in Mario Sunshine, and getting the star or shine is often is the culmination of half an hour of play and discovery, often utilising the entire level's layout.

Odyssey definitely asks players to explore and discover around the entire level, but its rewards form the basis of short-form challenges rather than long-form ones. I think it works, though I don't prefer it or dislike it compared with 64 or Sunshine. But you can tell 64 was a Miyamoto-directed game as its platforming and exploration are far purer - a player is more likely to play it for the joy of play than for rewards.

The big question is whether you'll still want to hang around in Odyssey's worlds after you've exhausted all their moons. I know I will for the pure joy of messing about, but I think 64 and Sunshine will have better long-term replayability. I never tire of entering a stage, picking a star or sunshine, and coming up with another creative way of solving that stage. You won't get that with Odyssey's Moons. If their position is triggered by an action it's often the result of a minute or two of gameplay, rather than an adventure around the entire level. There are exceptions to the rule - Koopa Freerunning appears in every kingdom - but it's clear that moons aren't long-form challenges which will inevitably change the game once you've exhausted them all.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I just don't enjoy collecting things. I want to enjoy the journey there, not the actual collecting. I need to feel like I've done something to deserve the reward. This is just the gaming equivalent of handing out medals to everyone who participates including the losers -- It may very well reflect modern culture but I find it a bit dull myself.

It's certainly not a bad or even mediocre game, but it's the first Mario I've ever had any negative feelings towards, so I remain a bit disappointed.

Beegeous

I am loving the game so far, have just finished in
New Donk City (the ending of which is spectacular BTW)

It certainly doesn't feel 100% like a 3D Mario platformer for me though, if anything it feels more like what Banjo-Kazooie 3 could have been. Cases in point;
  • Not being forced back to a hub after collecting a Power Moon.
  • The amount of interactive NPCs in each world.
  • The paintings to each world's secret Power Moon remind me of the Jiggies in Banjo-Tooie which required the use a transformation from another level to access.

I'm loving the game (at almost 500 moons so far) but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the soundtrack. Has there ever been a more out of place world theme than Wooded Kingdom?

Most of the OST is either forgettable or loops too often and becomes a little annoying. I'm glad they give you the option to change the background music but an "ambient noise" option
like what you get in Mushroom Kingdom
would have been nice.

Then there's the Broodals. Never in my life have I played a game with such generic, boring characters. The boss fights again, boring and lacking any creativity, with the exception of the non-Broodal world bosses, some of those were great.

I dunno, I think most of the sub-bosses in Mario games have been even more generic design wise.

Impotaku

Anyone else found the little easter egg when you constantly jump on the odyssey globe to make it spin, if you haven't then give it a try & listen :)

Robin64

There aren't enough moons in the game to hit the final 999 'requirement'. You'll need to use duplicate shop ones to get there.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I just don't enjoy collecting things. I want to enjoy the journey there, not the actual collecting. I need to feel like I've done something to deserve the reward. This is just the gaming equivalent of handing out medals to everyone who participates including the losers -- It may very well reflect modern culture but I find it a bit dull myself.

It's certainly not a bad or even mediocre game, but it's the first Mario I've ever had any negative feelings towards, so I remain a bit disappointed.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's hard not to generalise with a game that has such a varied distribution of objectives but Odyssey does give me the feeling that Moons are often used to encourage exploration and discovery through less pure reasons than, say, 64 would. Being rewarded at regular intervals feels great, but it can also feel hollow and unsatisfying. I'd be lying if I said all the 600 Moons I've collected in Odyssey felt like satisfying accomplishments, but I wouldn't be lying if I said the same about 64/Sunshine's stars/shines, or even Galaxy's).

Funny that you mention the "everyone wins mantra" - when I did rather badly at a Koopa Freerunning stage, I was given a bunch of coins because I tried my best...wasn't sure what to make of that. In the older games Mario would die and get a game over (Sunshine), or in 64 I remember being urged to try harder next time or the mother penguin would just walk out the door.

This is a good post:

You're right. Super Mario 64 is a platforming game with adventure game elements and Banjo-Kazooie is an adventure game with platforming elements - they're very similar to one another, but both have different intentions to their design.

But at the core of their design, large hub worlds with multiple objectives is still at the basis of their experience - you go into a large open level, you complete a task to get a token, there's usually more than one task to complete.

The inbetween is where the difference is - Super Mario 64 asks you to use your core set of abilities to solve challenges the majority of the time, which is where people are celebrating it's allowance for experimentation and high level play. Banjo-Kazooie on the other hand usually has objectives tied either to using special abilities or just for paying attention to the environment.

Best example are their final levels - Click Clock Woods and Tick Tock Clock. Both have a similar vertical design, and both have a central gimmick that relates to time - in Mario, it's having obstacles speed up or slow down depending how you enter the level, while in Banjo it's a level that shifts through different seasons, with objectives and obstacles rearranged depending.

Where as climbing up Tick Tock Clock is part of the fun of that game, Click Clock Woods is more in the vain of an adventure game where you go between different seasons to effect one another.

The reason I mention this is that - having replayed both these games recently - returning to Banjo-Kazooie was nowhere near as satisfying as I had already completed these objectives before, whereas with Super Mario 64 there was ground to improve and be more risky which was way more enjoyable.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

In Odyssey's least engaging levels (cascade kingdom, cap kingdom, snow kingdom) I feel like it veers towards being a more Banjo-like game. In its very best worlds, like Metro Kingdom, Lost Kingdom, Sand Kingdom, Wooded Kingdom, it's top form as usual as far as the creativity of your platforming can go. Returning to those worlds still offers up a lot of fun for me, but again, it's a shame that outside of Koopa Freerunning there aren't many long-form objectives to follow.

I barely did the 100 jump rope challenge, but the 100 volleyball is crossing the line, man.

Speaking of which, I'm also disheartened that there may have been certain sections with two moons where I only found one, but rummaging around for that seems tedious. Can anything be done to alleviate that? Would Toad let you know "this door has a section with a moon in there?"

Edit: I am slightly saddened by certain changes made to this game. I did a section where I was an uproot having to climb up lava, and when I reached the pipe I decided to wait to see if everything, including my exit, would have been covered in lava. Disappointingly, the lava stopped before the pipe. In games like Galaxy, whenever stuff would be falling down and lava would be rising, the entire map would be flooded or fall down, causing in death. I remember that I would wait until the last second before going down a pipe or shooting through a star, and the minor differences like this to the difficulty are pretty noticeable.

Edit 2: While you can buy moons, the moons in the map do not go away and don't become hollow, so every obtainable moon remains obtainable.

Robin64

Speaking of which, I'm also disheartened that there may have been certain sections with two moons where I only found one, but rummaging around for that seems tedious. Can anything be done to alleviate that? Would Toad let you know "this door has a section with a moon in there?"

If you go in to those types of rooms, Cappy will tell you if there's anything left in there.

Kickz

So I am on the Lake World, and so far I have enjoyed the game, but it has not grabbed me yet like Mario 3D World..

Maybe its just me though, as I wasn't enamored with Super Mario Galaxy until my second time playing on PC in HD

Really enjoying this so far. Have around 150 moons. It’s definitely falling along the lines of SM64 and Sunshine in that the levels are an open playground except you don’t have to leave after a shine/moon get and the challenges are more bite sized. This works well for me because half the fun is figuring out how you’re going to get to the next challenge. I find myself creating my own goals and trying push the move set more and more to create shortcuts. Definitely holding my attention more than 3D World which bothered me with its camera angles.

Mohonky

Game was alright, definitely disappointing for me, though. So many of the worlds were terribly unimaginative and flat out boring. Namely the Snow, Cap and Cascade kingdoms. Once you've collected the Moons in most of these worlds, there's no incentive or fun factor in returning. The lack of any sort of Boo/haunted kingdom is severely disappointing to me as well, especially so close to Halloween.

There's also very little platforming involved outside of the challenges, so, you're just stuck with a tiny sandbox devoid of creativity for the most part. Where is that magic Nintendo is known for? Certainly not here.

Music was severely lacking as well. Outside of 1 Up Girl and the Cascade theme song, the rest are completely forgettable. Every 3D Mario prior had a stellar OST that I rehearse in my head to this day. Not so with Odyssey.

Oh, and that Kingdom you get after completing the main story line? More disappointment.

I'd rate it 7/10 and that's being generous.

This is pretty much on par with how I feel.

Odyssey is actually pretty low down on my list of 3D Mario titles. It definitely is no where near 3D World on Wii U and definitely no where near Galaxy or its sequel.

The aforementioned title all constantly threw up new game mechanics, beautiful and interesting game worlds and every level felt like it added a new twist on the games mechanics or introduced a new element that cinstantly kept the gameplay unique and interesting, this just doesnt really have any of that.

The levels are largely pretty barren and uninteresting. New or interesting concepts are seldomly introduced and the game feels like a collectathon. It's like that quality Nintendois know for, constantly throwing up new elements and powers briefly then moving on is gone, and the whole experience feels stagnant for it.

Even the audio and visuals feel off. The juxtaposition between the visuals of Mario and the world he's in is also incredibly jarring. It just never looks right. The only level that felt right was Toastarena; every other workd just felt really boring visually and New Donk City was like Sonic Adventure levels of bad. From the little I saw pre launch I felt a lot of the worlds I had seen felt this way but figured they might be the exception, but they really arent.

The music I felt the same way. Just didnt do anything for me at all.

I'm actually going to be returning my copy (physical). I dont even really feel the urge to finish it and I certainly dont feel like I'd have any compulsion to revisit worlds and search every nook of what were largely boring worlds to try and find every moon or special currency.

If they'd gone closer to Galaxy with smaller but more focussed levels that were more interesting and unique with a single star dor each world I think they would have been better off as those Galaxy games are the pinacle of this kind of 3D Mario along with 3D World which is my other favourite 3D Mario, this felt like a weird mish mash or Mario 64 + Sonic Adventure + Banjo Kazooie.

Not what I expected after the last 3 3D Marios at all. Very disappointed.

Astral Dog

Despite my problems im getting warmed up as it progresses, mostly because
Lost and Cloud
Kingdoms were visually interesting and beautiful but also because Donkey Kong City is AWESOME, favorite world so far, a joy to watch ,play and at smooth 60 fps! its kind of impressive for this hardware. i wish more PS4 games were this smooth :,(

slorelli

Neo Member

Odyssey is actually pretty low down on my list of 3D Mario titles. It definitely is no where near 3D World on Wii U and definitely no where near Galaxy or its sequel.

The aforementioned title all constantly threw up new game mechanics, beautiful and interesting game worlds and every level felt like it added a new twist on the games mechanics or introduced a new element that cinstantly kept the gameplay unique and interesting, this just doesnt really have any of that.

The levels are largely pretty barren and uninteresting. New or interesting concepts are seldomly introduced and the game feels like a collectathon. It's like that quality Nintendois know for, constantly throwing up new elements and powers briefly then moving on is gone, and the whole experience feels stagnant for it.

Even the audio and visuals feel off. The juxtaposition between the visuals of Mario and the world he's in is also incredibly jarring. It just never looks right. The only level that felt right was Toastarena; every other workd just felt really boring visually and New Donk City was like Sonic Adventure levels of bad. From the little I saw pre launch I felt a lot of the worlds I had seen felt this way but figured they might be the exception, but they really arent.

I'm actually going to be returning my copy (physical). I dont even really feel the urge to finish it and I certainly dont feel like I'd have any compulsion to revisit worlds and search every nook of what were largely boring worlds to try and find every moon or special currency.

If they'd gone closer to Galaxy with smaller but more focussed levels that were more interesting and unique with a single star dor each world I think they would have been better off as those Galaxy games are the pinacle of this kind of 3D Mario along with 3D World which is my other favourite 3D Mario, this felt like a weird mish mash or Mario 64 + Sonic Adventure + Banjo Kazooie.

I actually have the exact opposite opinion as you. I think it really comes down to collectathon fans vs direct platforming fans. I think 3d world is the worst and most insulting 3d Mario to date. Awful controls, awkward 3d and 2d transitions, shallow world design, extremely short, and multiplayer is a chaotic mess. I enjoyed the Galaxy games, but to me, they aren't in the same orbit as 64 and Sunshine.

Keihart

I'm with the camp of this being leagues ahead of 3d world, that was the first mario game to bore me after NSMB.

For me, most of the fun has being finding cool ways to use the moveset, there are lots of shorcuts if you get used to the jumps and distances you can cover. Some moons ask you to do pretty clever stuff too, wich you are not told to do directly but the clues are in the enviroment, similar to BoTW the game shines because of your tools and how you can be creative in using them to achieve your goals.

Basically, a good sandbox really.

I feel exactly the same, almost word for word. Zelda easily is the GOTY.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm sorry but I've found this game a bit of a borefest to be honest, I don't feel it has much direction, you're plonked into a sandpit, you walk around looking at every nook and cranny and that's it, rinse repeat, they should've of just named it Super Mario Moonshine Playground' or something, I know people like the open world exploration but where is the enjoyment of traveling in this game? There is barely any fluid platforming at all, and I'm at the point now where the enjoyment of getting a moon has been watered down so much there is no fun in it any more, woohoo my 600th moon! Seriously?

Roufianos

Why is this game suddenly demanding that I detach the joy cons? I'm playing it in handheld mode and have nowhere to rest the Switch. Is this a joke?

tgraham

Neo Member
Although I agree the game does have some flaws the experience playing it reminds me alot of how I felt playing Zelda BOTW. Not that its similiar in gameplay or anything but moreso in the feeling it gave me...the sense of wonder and exploration that almost makes me feel like a kid again. For that alone both of these game are game of the year contenders for me without a doubt regardless of their technical flaws etc.

I'm sorry but I've found this game a bit of a borefest to be honest, I don't feel it has much direction, you're plonked into a sandpit, you walk around looking at every nook and cranny and that's it, rinse repeat, they should've of just named it Super Mario Moonshine Playground' or something, I know people like the open world exploration but where is the enjoyment of traveling in this game? There is barely any fluid platforming at all, and I'm at the point now where the enjoyment of getting a moon has been watered down so much there is no fun in it any more, woohoo my 600th moon! Seriously?

I think that's my main issue(well, that and the platforming). It comes off as really unfocused most of the time

aEku

again.. people what saying the game is easy.

just complete the main story, and go for the extra moons, it gets harder.

i am at 220 moons and i found some challenges where i died up to 10 times.. at 250 moons you unlock a extra area what is pretty hard
and at 500 a area whats even harder

Its like the assist mode. Some people doesn't have the time or aren't hardcore players. Thats why they have an alternative. So they can enjoy also the complete game. I don't mind that at all, it's your choice if you do it or not.

If it saves me from doing that friggin jump rope, I'm all about it.

tassletine

Yeah, I think you're right. It's hard not to generalise with a game that has such a varied distribution of objectives but Odyssey does give me the feeling that Moons are often used to encourage exploration and discovery through less pure reasons than, say, 64 would. Being rewarded at regular intervals feels great, but it can also feel hollow and unsatisfying. I'd be lying if I said all the 600 Moons I've collected in Odyssey felt like satisfying accomplishments, but I wouldn't be lying if I said the same about 64/Sunshine's stars/shines, or even Galaxy's).

Funny that you mention the "everyone wins mantra" - when I did rather badly at a Koopa Freerunning stage, I was given a bunch of coins because I tried my best...wasn't sure what to make of that. In the older games Mario would die and get a game over (Sunshine), or in 64 I remember being urged to try harder next time or the mother penguin would just walk out the door.

This is a good post:

In Odyssey's least engaging levels (cascade kingdom, cap kingdom, snow kingdom) I feel like it veers towards being a more Banjo-like game. In its very best worlds, like Metro Kingdom, Lost Kingdom, Sand Kingdom, Wooded Kingdom, it's top form as usual as far as the creativity of your platforming can go. Returning to those worlds still offers up a lot of fun for me, but again, it's a shame that outside of Koopa Freerunning there aren't many long-form objectives to follow.

It's funny you should post this because I was thinking about calling it a bit of a Banjo clone earlier but thought that was going too far as I never liked those games.
If I was being really unfair I do think I could go so far as calling it Mopping Up -- The Game. as that's how I feel most of the time.

You're correct though, the other titles did have their fair share of this sort of thing as well, just not quite so much.

Social

I still do not understand why it wasn't communicated to me that the extra moons you buy in the shop after completing the game were infinite, I spent loads of coins on them... Especially as they showed up in bunches of 10 lol. If I knew these were just there to assist people tgat cannot collect enough moons, I would have ignored them and continued playing more first. Now I feel like my legit moon count is tainted! Oh well, I'll keep playing and see where it gets me.

Greatly enjoying this Mario entry, but I do feel that the effort required for 60% of the moons is very minimal. The graphics, presentation, nostalgia touches/throwbacks to previous entries are what makes it so great for me though. It doesn't feel as grandiose as the Galaxy games, which is a shame.

Also, I get Banjo vibes as well from this game!

Alpha_eX

Accidentally bought 10 power moons in one go, pissed off but worried it will now ruin or remove any if the ones hidden, or not allow me to 100% the game.. Anyone mind clearing this up please, it's confusing.

Cpt Lmao

i am at 220 moons and i found some challenges where i died up to 10 times.. at 250 moons you unlock a extra area what is pretty hard
and at 500 a area whats even harder

This happens every time a 3D Mario is released, people complain about the difficulty being too easy and fawn over the 64 days where we had ferociously difficult boss fights against King Bob-omb (8 seconds to beat), King Thwomp (14 seconds to beat) and Bowser (28 seconds to beat).

BizzyBum

God damnit, I had no idea that shop had infinite moons when buying. I just thought there was a big ass cap for it. 3,000 coins wasted... lol

The "main game" is like one big tutorial. The real game doesn't even start until you beat Bowser. lol

Neverwas

For some reason I thought this had multiple save slots on a single profile. I told my coworker to start a new game, and now I'm out 200 moons and a beaten story.
*slaps forehead*

I feel this game is way better docked. And is fairly handicapped and noticeably worse looking in handheld mode. I started enjoying it more after docking it. My fub was definitely less when handheld.

Zelda BoTW I played the entire thing handheld and loved it! I played a bit on docked and did not notice a big difference. Other games like Mario Kart too.

But Odyessy there is a big visual upgrade when docked. Also due to motion controls, some parts just play much worse and become unnecessarily more difficult.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't really feel the handicap when not using motion controls. I think the only time you could feel it was the goomba stack jump height.

Seems im pretty alone in like never using the Switch in handheld. Sometimes i use it undocked but still with a pro controller when watching football or at my desk when im at my PC. I never play it handheld with the joycons attached, sure i have tried it couple of times but didnt really like it.

jorgejjvr

Wow that fight... Not something I would have predicted in a Mario game

I would love to be able to redo these boss battles

ubiblu

Accidentally bought 10 power moons in one go, pissed off but worried it will now ruin or remove any if the ones hidden, or not allow me to 100% the game.. Anyone mind clearing this up please, it's confusing.

Of course not. You need to buy at least ~120 to hit 999. It doesn’t remove other ones you’ve missed.

vazel

Banned
For some reason I thought this had multiple save slots on a single profile. I told my coworker to start a new game, and now I'm out 200 moons and a beaten story.
*slaps forehead*
WAIT WHAT?!?! NO PLEASE NO!!!!!!

Edit: Phew, my main save file is still there. Go to Options -> Data Management to swap save files. You can have multiple save files in one profile.

Top Bottom