• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hello everyone,

I would like to invite everyone to join this contest: Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest. Players can try to win an 20 dollars eShop Card.

The point of this contest is that people would have to predict most accurate roster for SSB4 in order to win the prize. I would like to remind people that this contest might last more than a year because we will not find out full roster until the game get released to the public. At once the full roster get revealed, the winner will be announced and get their reward accordingly.

IMPORTANTLY, JUST HAVE FUN AND PREDICT YOUR ROSTERS! CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT YOU WILL WIN FREE POINTS AND ETC!

The rules should be simple enough for the contest and please follow the rules. If you don't then you're automatically disqualified from the contest.

Requirements in your post will be:
Type character roster IN WORDS, not a image. (this means ALL characters that will be in the game, not just new characters)

It's not required but it is nice to have if you got tied.
10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Rules:

1. There is no fixed limit to the amount of fighters you can suggest, however you will lose points for the difference between your roster count and the final roster count. So if the final roster comprises of 40 characters and someone guessed 44 character they will lose 4 points. The same would apply to someone who was under, so guessing 36 fighters will also lose you 4 points.

2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest. Choose one of the two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster. Transformation characters are the exception.

3. Transformation characters (Zelda/Sheik) and Party character(Pokemon Trainer) will be equal as 2 to 5 points. If you got them right then you are rewarded as equal points of how many characters it included. Otherwise,it is same thing as losing the points.

If you listed Samus/Zero Suit Samus. If they announced Samus but Zero Suit Samus got cut out of the game. You will get zero point because it cancelled each other out.

If you got Zelda and Sheik then you got two points because they counted as two characters.

For Party character, if you got Pokemon Trainer's pokemons right then that would be 3 points. If you got two out of three wrong then you will only lose a point. -2 + 1 = -1.

4. You will lose a point per character that did not make it into the roster.

5. If you really want to add future characters then you may add the characters but please to be specific with information. Also the games MUST BE mentioned or rumored to coming to Wii U/3DS. Example: "Pokemon XY Rep" or "Miyamoto's New IP"

6. Please post total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post, so it would make it easier for me to do the scores. Please make sure that your total count would included transformation characters as well.

7. IMAGE ROSTER ARE WELCOME BUT if you want to post your image roster, then you are required to type up the roster as well, because people can easily edit the photo by uploading with the same file name. If you are going to post image roster only by deadline then you would be disqualified.

8. If you are going to edit after the deadline, then you are automatically disqualified.

Tiebreaker method:
If we are getting tied in the contest then we have a tiebreaker method ready. You must list new ATs, Pokeballs, stages and items.

10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Deadline: June 9 11:59 PST

Why so early? I would like to be able to avoid the media leaks or anything that could possibly happens, including early Nintendo Direct. There is a possibility that we are to expect seeing first 5 to 10 characters in a new trailer on E3 ND. I would like to avoid the situation where people would use these characters for a easy first 5 - 10 points.

t1370847300z4.png

Reward:

First place will pick one between those 2 choices,

$20 eShop Points Card
Any VC game on Wii, 3DS or Wii U when gifting becomes available. from SmithnCo

or

Game & Print Club Print #3: Encounters in Hyrule by Dave Perillo
8"x10" Giclee on Smooth, Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival.
Signed/numbered/sold out limited edition of 86. Hand-embossed.

Second place will receive the remain of the prize.

After SSB4 is announced, I will be more likely to make a second thread for people to discuss with their predictions and so on. We can avoid spamming the prediction thread.

[Disclaimer: rules are subjected to changes]

Ryce

Characters (48)
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Link
  10. Zelda
  11. Sheik (transformation)
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Toon Link
  14. Pikachu
  15. Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
  16. Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
  17. Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
  18. Mewtwo
  19. [Pokémon X/Y]
  20. Lucario
  21. Jigglypuff
  22. Samus
  23. Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  24. Ridley
  25. Kirby
  26. Meta Knight
  27. King Dedede
  28. Pit
  29. Palutena
  30. Olimar
  31. Marth
  32. Ike
  33. Chrom
  34. Fox
  35. Falco
  36. Wolf
  37. Captain Falcon
  38. Ness
  39. Lucas
  40. Sheriff
  41. Mr. Game & Watch
  42. R.O.B.
  43. Ice Climbers
  44. Takamaru
  45. Snake
  46. Sonic
  47. Pac-Man
  48. Mega Man

Assist Trophies
  • Rosalina
  • Tiki Tong
  • Ghirahim
  • Eggplant Wizard
  • Shulk
  • Zael
  • Dillon
  • Mach Rider
  • Pac-Man Ghosts
  • Roll

Poké Balls
  • Zoroark
  • Victini
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Giratina
  • Darkrai
  • Arceus
  • Shaymin
  • Kyurem
  • Genesect

Stages
  • Comet Observatory
  • Sunset Shore
  • Skyloft
  • Metroid: Other M Ridley's Lair
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Pokémon X/Y France-inspired region
  • Mega Man Lab
  • Pac-Maze

Items
No idea. I'll edit this soon.

We don't even know if Assist Trophies will be in the game, right? In any case, I might make a prediction later, but this is pretty tough.

Palutena
Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mega Man

No way. Especially not Pac-Man. I'm not sure if you're serious or if you're joking, but I really doubt these will be in SSB4 myself.

Jackano

[Disclaimer: rules are subjected to changes]
It better; By reading your post it seems you kinda expect a full reveal in 42 days?
It will not, it's another debate I guess.
Good luck all!

Malajax

So is this contest going to take years to complete? The demo/trailer will likely have 4-8 characters, with the remaining roster being trickled out over the course of development. Knowing Sakurai, there will still be a good portion of the cast that needs to be unlocked. To know the full result of this contest, it's gonna be another year or so (no way this game comes out in the fall).

Just seems a bit premature.

Namco are helping with development, so it's not that crazy of an idea.

Fun thread idea, I'll join in when I can.

Oh yeah, that's true. But Pac-Man? In a 2D fighting game? What would his moves even be? It sounds incredibly unlikely to me. Maybe as a retro assist trophy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Characters (50)
  1. Quote (Cave Story)
  2. Mario
  3. Luigi
  4. Bowser
  5. Peach
  6. Yoshi
  7. Wario
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Link
  11. Zelda
  12. Sheik (transformation)
  13. Isaac
  14. Ganondorf
  15. Toon Link
  16. Pikachu
  17. Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
  18. Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
  19. Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
  20. Mewtwo
  21. Mewtwo [Pokémon X/Y] (transformation)
  22. Lucario
  23. Jigglypuff
  24. Samus
  25. Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  26. Ridley
  27. Kirby
  28. Meta Knight
  29. King Dedede
  30. Pit
  31. Palutena
  32. Olimar
  33. Marth
  34. Ike
  35. Chrom
  36. Fox
  37. Falco
  38. Wolf
  39. Captain Falcon
  40. Ness
  41. Lucas
  42. Sheriff
  43. Shulk
  44. Mr. Game & Watch
  45. R.O.B.
  46. Ice Climbers
  47. Takamaru
  48. Sonic
  49. Mike Hunt
  50. Mega Man

How does this end june9th? Even if there was a direct or E3 I doubt ALL of the characters will be revealed. It seems like to win we list all Nintendo and 3rd party characters as we can.

This is the roster I have for SSBU (going for something a little unique here):

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus + Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Captain Olimar
Fox
Falco
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Sonic [SEGA]
Tails [SEGA]
Snake [Konami]
Simon Belmont [Konami]
Megaman [Capcom]
Phoenix Wright [Capcom]
Rayman [Ubisoft]
Desmond Miles + (Altair + Ezio + Conner) [Ubisoft]
Maxwell [Warner Brothers]
Spyro [Activision]
Cloud [Square Enix]
Professor Layton [Level 5]
Pac-man [Namco]

This is a third party heavy roster, to help build/maintain relationships with third parties. The Nintendo characters that would have been in their place will be in SSB3D and can be transferred.

Yes, I know this will never happen

i remember sakurai having decided on the complete brawl roster in the first few weeks of development with snake and sonic as late additions. if this is the case again i doubt we'll see mewtwo back even though he has a movie now with a new form. probably not even a new pokemon.

the only thing i want is snake and sonic gone and no more third party characters.

EhoaVash

uh ...we'll probably get footage of 5 or 7 Nintendo characters characters in a pre E3 nintendo Direct (?) and 1 or 2 third party characters revelations ...probably will be pac-man -_- <.< ....we won't get any assist trophy information, 1 or 2 stages will be shown ..and thats about it ..so this contest doesn't make any sense

we'll get all these information when the game it self comes out which is i'm gonna guess mid 2014, if not then I'm kind of hoping for the Smash bros Dojo to make its return later this year

Nemesis_

I agree the concept is dubious but I might as well bite. :3

Stealling your formatting Ryce, hope that's okay. :p

Characters (48)
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi
  6. Kamek
  7. Wario
  8. Waluigi
  9. Rosalina
  10. Donkey Kong
  11. Diddy Kong
  12. Dixie Kong
  13. Link
  14. TP Wolf Link (transformation)
  15. Zelda
  16. Sheik (transformation)
  17. Ghirahim
  18. Pikachu
  19. Pokemon X/Y Starter
  20. Jigglypuff
  21. Samus
  22. Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  23. Ridley
  24. Kirby
  25. Meta Knight
  26. King Dedede
  27. Pit
  28. Medusa
  29. Olimar
  30. Marth
  31. (Fire Emblem Awakening Chap 13 Spoilers)
    Lucina (transformation)
  32. Ike
  33. Chrom
  34. Fox
  35. Krystal
  36. Ice Climbers
  37. Captain Falcon
  38. Black Shadow
  39. Ness
  40. Paula
  41. Mr. Game & Watch
  42. R.O.B.
  43. Shulk
  44. Bayonetta
  45. Tom Nook
  46. Isaac
  47. Mii
  48. Aeron

Assist Trophies
  • Vaati
  • Game & Watch Octopus
  • Luigi's Mansion Ghosts
  • Toad
  • Fawful
  • Jeanne
  • Zael
  • Grub-Dog
  • Monita
  • Dillon

Poké Balls
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Meleotta
  • Genesect
  • Deoxys
  • Gigalith
  • Crustle
  • Gothitelle

Stages
  • Electric Tower (Pokemon X/Y)
  • Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
  • Skies of Skyloft (Skyward Sword) [Think Poke Floats but with Birds]
  • Galactic Federation Bottle Ship (Metroid: Other M) [Somehow shuffles between each sector]
  • Yarn Yoshi Locale (Untitled Yoshi Wii U game) [Basically a Yoshi level remade with yarn aesthetics]
  • Atop The Titans (Xenoblade) [Fighting across the frozen titans]
  • Planet Melodia (Harmoknight) [The 'weird' Electroplankton-esque stage]
  • Scrog Village (Dillon's Rolling Western) [Constant attacks by Grocks to be avoided]

Items
  • Poltergust 5000
  • The Xenoblade
  • Green Balloon (DKC Returns 3D)
  • Pilotwings Jetpack
  • Propeller Suit

SmithnCo

Edit: Added items and changed some stuff

Total: 51 Characters

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Paper Mario
6. Yoshi
7. Wario
8. DK
9. Diddy
10. Link
11-12. Zelda / Sheik
13. Ganondorf
14. Toon Link
15. Kirby
16. Meta Knight
17. King Dedede
18. Pikachu
19. Jigglypuff
20-22. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysuar/Charizard)
23-24. Mewtwo/New Form
25-26. Samus / ZSS
27. Ridley
28. Fox
29. Falco
30. Wolf
31. Ness
32. Lucas
33. Marth
34. Chrom
35. Captain Falcon
36. Pit
37. Palutena
38. Olimar
39. Mii
40. Wonderful 101 rep
41. Ice Climbers
42. Little Mac
43. Takamaru
44. Game & Watch
45. ROB
46. Sonic
47. Snake
48. Megaman
49. Pac-Man
50. Lucario
51. Shulk

Assist Trophies-
Viridi
Dixie Kong
Tharja (FE: Awakening)
Isa Jo and Kachi (S&P2)
Dillon
Mallo (Pushmo)
E. Gadd
Doc Louis
Prince Fluff
Ghirahim

Pokeballs-
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect
Galvantula
Meloetta
Rotom
Chespin
Musharna
Emolga
Tyranitar

Stages-
Space Pirate Ship (Kid Icarus)
Skyloft (Zelda)
Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm Heaven)
Patch Land (Epic Yarn)
The Maze (Pac-Man)
Bowser's Castle (NSMB)
Comet Observatory (Mario Galaxy)
Luigi's Mansions (Luigi's Mansion 2)

Items-
Super Leaf
Eggplant Bomb
Blue Shell
Furniture Leaf (Animal Crossing)
Rocket Belt (Pilotwings)

Murrah

Banned
As long as Ridley doesn't make it in so we can have another six years of group cry to bring us closer together as a community I'm fine

But nah I might bite on this later

Violet_0

Banned
characters:

1 Bowser
2 Donkey Kong
3 Diddy Kong
4 Fox
5 Ice Climbers
6 Toon Link
7 King Dedede
8 Kirby
9 Link
10 Mario
11 Meta Knight
12 Olimar
13 Peach
14 Pikachu
15 Pit
16 Samus
17 Wario
18 Yoshi
19 Zelda
20 Ganondorf
21 Captain Falcon
22 Mr. Game & Watch
23 Ganondorf
24 Jigglypuff
25 Ness
26 Luigi
27 R.O.B.
28 Falco
29 Marth
30 Wolf
31 Sonic

32 Impa
33 Chrom
34 Waluigi
35 Ridley
36 The Wonderful 101 (one character)
37 Wolf Link + Midna
38 Dixie Kong
39 Palutena
40 Mewtwo
41 Pac-man
42 Krystal
43 Pokemon Trainer &#9792;
44 Skull Kid
45 Toon Zelda
46 Tetra
47 Simon Belmont
48 Tails
49 protagonist new Retro IP

stages:

Spaceship Mario (Mario Galaxy 2)
Wuhu Island
Phendrana Drifts (Metroid)
Skyloft Village (Zelda)
Port Town (F-Zero)
Pikmin Forest
Van Gogh level (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Rogueport (Paper Mario)

trophies:

Fi (Zelda)
Max (Advance Wars)
Tharja (Fire Emblem)
Koopa Kids (Mario)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Takamura
Bayonetta
Rosalina
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Rambi

poke balls:

Zoroark
Reshiram
Zekrom
Snivy
Vicinty
Butterfree
Smeargle
Chimchar
Arceus
Milotic

items:

cape (Mario)
bombchu (Zelda)
blue shell (MK)
baby metroid
-

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I want it to have a monster hunter switching between different weapon types for different moves and/or having the pick ups turn into other weapons and also one of the cool monsters like Lagiacrus...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I agree the concept is dubious but I might as well bite. :3

How so?

It better; By reading your post it seems you kinda expect a full reveal in 42 days?
It will not, it's another debate I guess.
Good luck all!

So is this contest going to take years to complete? The demo/trailer will likely have 4-8 characters, with the remaining roster being trickled out over the course of development. Knowing Sakurai, there will still be a good portion of the cast that needs to be unlocked. To know the full result of this contest, it's gonna be another year or so (no way this game comes out in the fall).

Just seems a bit premature.

uh ...we'll probably get footage of 5 or 7 Nintendo characters characters in a pre E3 nintendo Direct (?) and 1 or 2 third party characters revelations ...probably will be pac-man -_- <.< ....we won't get any assist trophy information, 1 or 2 stages will be shown ..and thats about it ..so this contest doesn't make any sense

we'll get all these information when the game its self comes out which is i'm gonna guess in mid 2014. If not then I'm kind of hoping for the Smash bros Dojo to make its return later this year

LOL No. I have been with the SSB series for so long and I will never expect a full reveal roster at E3. This contest is all about patience and waiting to see the full reveal of games over a span of a year or two. Basically this contest is all about people predicting what they will think that SSB4 would have before the official announcement.

Do you know what a prediction is, right? The point of this contest is that people will have to type out their prediction rosters and predict what SSB4 would have in order to win the reward. That's why we have the deadline at June 9 right before their "E3 Nintendo Direct," so people have to predict their rosters before seeing the official announcement of characters. If they have a early announcement before June 9 then I will adjust my deadline date to match that.

How does this end june9th? Even if there was a direct or E3 I doubt ALL of the characters will be revealed. It seems like to win we list all Nintendo and 3rd party characters as we can.

If you want to list over 100 characters then you can going ahead and do it. I don't think it is a sure-fire way to win. Did you ever read the rules and points system? I thought I actually provided a clear explanation on the point system.

For everyone; hopefully I'm clear enough, if not then please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Bolded are new characters, yeah, I wasn't very specific. Not trying to "win," just discussing.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Wario
  6. Yoshi
  7. Some new Mario-series related rep.
  8. Link
  9. Ganondorf
  10. Zelda/Sheik
  11. Some new Zelda rep
  12. Kirby
  13. Dedede
  14. Meta-Knight
  15. Donkey Kong
  16. Diddy Kong
  17. Fox
  18. Falco
  19. Pikachu
  20. Jigglypuff
  21. Pokemon Trainer with different Pokemon
  22. Some other Pokemon that is not Mewtwo or Lucario (or Pichu)
  23. Samus/Zero Suit
  24. Pit
  25. Some other Kid Icarus rep
  26. Ice Climbers
  27. Marth
  28. Chrom
  29. Lucas
  30. Ness
  31. Captain Falcon
  32. Game & Watch
  33. Olimar
  34. Sonic
  35. Another Sonic Rep
  36. Pac-Man courtesy of Namco

And probably 3-4 more new characters, with those being sort of "surprise" types. A retro character out of nowhere a la Pit/Ice Climbers (Takamaru seems like a decent bet, which is kind of why I expect it to not be him), something like R.O.B., maybe a wtf third party character like Snake was.

I don't expect a playable character from stuff like Xenoblade or Golden Sun. Both might get represented through assist trophies though. Same with Layton, can't see him fighting but possibly popping in as an assist.

Snakey

I think a lot of people here are going to be burned by putting Chrom on their rosters. Everywhere I go I see people mostly describe him as boring and uninteresting, and I don't think he contrasts well enough with Marth and Ike for Sakurai to put him in.

I feel really confident in regards to these newcomers though:
- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Mewtwo
- Little Mac
- K. Rool
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Roy (could be bumped out again due to time constraints like with Brawl though)

I will need some time to think about who else will make it, but I will bet on no cuts from Brawl aside from Snake and Sonic.

Characters (53)

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Yarn Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik (transformation)
Ganondorf
Wind Waker Wii U remake Link
Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
Pokemon X/Y evolution of Mewtwo (will edit with official name if it is announced before deadline)
Pokémon X/Y representative (will edit if it is announced before deadline)
Jigglypuff
Samus
Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pit
Palutena
Hades
Olimar
Marth
Ike
Chrom
Fox
Falco
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Ness
Lucas
Isaac
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Sonic
Tails
Dr. Eggman
Little Mac
Dillon
Tempo
X Representative
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Maxwell

18-Volt

Ok, I'll join

Characters (54)

1- Mario
2- Luigi
3- Peach
4- Bowser
5- Toad
6- Wario
7- Kirby
8- Meta Knight
9- Link
10- Zelda
11- Pikachu
12- Zoroark
13- Chrom
14- Marth
15- Andy
16- Matthew
17- Chibi-robo
18- Captain Falcon
19- Ray MK III
20- Fox McCloud
21- Falco Lombardi
22- Little Mac
23- Starfy
24- Pit
25- Samus
26- Takamaru
27- Hunter & Spinax
28- Lucas
29- Ness
30- Mr Game & Watch
31- Yoshi
32- Fawful
33- Mallo
34- Dillon
35- Sakura Samurai
36- Captain Rainbow
37- Shulk
38- Zael
39- Aeron
40- Frøy
41- Ice Climbers
42- Balloon Fighter
43- Mike Jones
44- Alexandra Rovias
45- Ghirahim
46- Paper Mario
47- Heracles
48- Hiro (Card Hero)
49- Devil
50- Lolo
51 - Olimar and more pikmin
52- Donkey Kong
53- Donkey Kong Jr.
54- Diddy Kong

Assist Trophies

1- King Hippo
2- Jimmy T.
3- Mr. Wright
4- Doshin
6- Loftwing
7- Odin (Reginleiv)
8- Mini mario (Mario vs DK)
9- Dark Pit
10- Prince Fluff

Pokéballs

1- Black/White Kyurem
2- Audino
3- Emolga
4- Scraggy
5- Keldeo
6- Slyveon
7- Xerneas/Yveltal
8-10: Unannounced XY pokémon

Items:

1- Block from Pushmo
2- Monado
3- Aeron's chain
4- Wii Fit U pedometer
5- Blue shell

Stages:

1- Dillon's Western Town
2- Fawful's Theater
3- Kirby's Yarn Stage
4- Bottle Ship Nature Sector
5- Skyloft Village
6- On the Grima the Dragon
7- Wario's castle
8- Excite Bike track

That's it. No 3rd party stuff.

Character Roster: (50/50)

Super Mario
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Waluigi

Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K. Rool

Yoshi
- Yoshi

Wario
- Wario

Pokemon
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario
- Mewtwo

The Legend of Zelda
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Toon Link
- Tingle

Kirby
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Metroid
- Samus/Zero Suit
- Ridley

Fire Emblem
- Marth
- Chrom

Star Fox
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf

F-Zero
- Captain Falcon
- Samurai Goroh

Kid Icarus
- Pit
- Palutena

Mother
- Ness
- Lucas

Golden Sun
- Isaac

Pikmin
- Olimar

Ice Climber
- Ice Climbers

Game and Watch
- Mr. Game & Watch

Gyromite
- R.O.B

Nazo no Murasame-jo
- Takamaru

Punch-Out
- Little Mac

Xenoblade Chronicles
- Shulk

Sheriff
- Sheriff

Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog

Metal Gear Solid
- Snake

Mega Man
- Mega Man

Pac-man
- Pac-man

Pokeball Pokemon: (10/10)

- Victini
- Samurott
- Watchog
- Zoroark
- Cryogonal
- Hydreigon
- Reshiram
- Zekrom
- Kyurem
- Genesect​

Assist Trophies: (10/10)

- Rosalina (Super Mario)
- Polterpup (Super Mario)
- Rambi (Donkey Kong)
- Fly Guys (Yoshi)
- Ashley and Red (Wario)
- Moldorm (The Legend of Zelda)
- Dyna Blade (Kirby)
- Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
- Kumatora (Mother)
- Dr. Wily (Mega Man)

Battle Arenas: (8/8)

- Comet Observatory (Super Mario)
- King Bowser's Castle (Super Mario)
- Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong)
- N's Castle (Pokemon)
- Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda)
- Mount Dedede (Kirby)
- The Underworld (Kid Icarus)
- Pushmo Park (Pushmo)​

Items: (5/5)

- Super Leaf (Super Mario)
- Megavitamins (Super Mario)
- Pep Brew (Kirby)
- Hewdraw Club (Kid Icarus)
- Power Pellet (Pac-man)​

NeonZ

-Falco removed.
-Every other Brawl character returns.
-Regarding Snake, specifically, I think his absence from Sony's game suggests he might stay here.

Brawl characters

1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Bowser

5.Yoshi

6.Wario

7.Donkey Kong
8.Diddy Kong

9.Pikachu
10/11/12.Pokemon Trainer (3 Pokemon)
13.Jigglypuff
14.Lucario

15.Link
16/17.Zelda/Sheik
18.Ganondorf
19.Toon Link

20.Kirby
21.King Dedede
22.Meta Knight

23.Fox
24.Wolf

25.Marth
26.Ike

27.Ness
28.Lucas

29/30.Samus/ZSS

31.Pit

32.C.Falcon

33.Olimar

34.Ice Climbers

35.Game & Watch

36.ROB

37.Sonic

38.Snake

Returning characters
39.Mewtwo

New characters

40.Waluigi - Expanding on Brawl's assist trophy, with Waluigi representing Mario's various spin offs.

41.Toon Zelda - Zelda representation for Wind Waker-styled games and also the 2d entries. She likely will have both Wind Waker colors and classic colors, like how Toon Link had Zelda 1 colors in Brawl as one of his colors. They might even actually include an actual second costume for the classic designs if second costumes are more common here.

42/43/44.New Pokemon Trainer - A 2nd Pokemon trainer with three Pokemon representing the starters from the X/Y games in different evolution levels. Fire in first form, water in second form, plant in third form.

45.Balloon Fighter - They've been playing around with elements of his series in Smash since Melee. Either that gives him a very good position for a debut, or it means he'll never appear.

46.Takamaru - Next choice for retro character. I thought about Sheriff, since he's supposedly the first Nintendo character, but if they keep the no guns rule he can't make it in.

47.Avatar/Robin - This is more of a wish than a prediction. Chrom is more likely, but Robin with sword/magic just would have more potential and would look different from other FE characters. He could also be used as an excuse for some character customization. Brawl already had stage customization, so it wouldn't be such a big jump. Besides, If I get this right, I'll be really happy, so I'm willing to bet on it in spite of the small chances.

48.Palutena - Not my personal choice, but, following the pattern of the Zelda series in Melee, at least, it seems like the female lead has priority over villains.

49.Ridley - One of the few long running characters who are kind of viable. He even had two appearances as a boss in Brawl.

50.Shulk (Xenoblade) - It seems like Nintendo is positioning X for a bigger role than Xenoblade, but, due to simultaneous development, they might include the protagonist of the last game rather than the new one.

New Third party characters

51.Ryu (Street Fighter)- Capcom seems to still have some relationship with Nintendo, and Capcom seemingly have plans for some fighting game in the future, which unfortunately won't be Darkstalkers, so I think something like this is likely. I don't see Capcom pushing for Megaman considering their current atittude either, so, Ryu it is.

51 characters including transformations/teams.
----

The above is assuming a line up that doesn't have a bunch of recycled animation characters, like the clones in Melee. Maybe Namco/Bandai's people can change Sakurai's view of them though, considering how they seem quite common in TTT2. I'd personally not be opposed to them, since it'd mean more characters and unpredictable choices. I'm not betting on it though, so that's why I went with that line up above. I also know about Sakurai's statements about hitting a limit with Brawl, but he said the same thing about Melee, so I'm willing to bet on a similarly sized increase in cast.

I'm also expecting a Namco rep, but I'm really not sure if they'd really go with Pacman though. I guess it depends on how Namco sees this appearance. If they don't put any value on it, they might go with Pacman, but if they see it as cross promotion, they might go with a character more relevant to their present. Anyway, I'm not including it in my list anyway because I'm not sure about the character.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Characters
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Donkey Kong
  4. Diddy Kong
  5. Peach
  6. Yoshi
  7. Bowser
  8. Link
  9. Zelda/Shiek
  10. Ghirahim
  11. Toon Link
  12. Wario
  13. Samus
  14. Pikachu
  15. Mewtwo
  16. Pikmin 3
  17. Kirby
  18. Meta Knight
  19. King DeDeDe
  20. Pit
  21. Magnus
  22. Palutena
  23. Marth
  24. Chrom
  25. Lucina
  26. Fox
  27. Falco
  28. Wolf
  29. Captain Falcon
  30. F-Zero Character
  31. Ness
  32. Lucas
  33. Pokemon X and Y
  34. Digimon
  35. Jin Kazama
  36. Megaman
  37. Sonic

Assist Trophies

• Phosphora
  • Viridi
  • Pyrrhon
  • Lord Gaol
  • Hades
  • Medusa
  • Dark Pit
  • Hewdraw
  • Pandora

Poké Balls
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Genesect
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Arceus
  • Sylveon
  • Arceus

Stages

• Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit
  • The Space-Pirate Ship
  • The Seafloor Palace
  • Thunder Cloud Temple
  • Palutena's Temple
  • The Lunar Sanctum
  • Hades' Stomach
  • Yoshi's Island (3DS)

Items

• Dark Pit Staff
  • Twinbellows Cannon
  • Pandora Claws
  • Phosphora Bow
  • Phoenix Arm

Jackano

As expected you are going wild guys. Characters lists are sexy, I understand :) But hasn't Sakurai said he wanted a more thin roster? At least less clones. The more you have characters, the harder it gets to balance them. That was one of Brawl's problem.
And most of characters choices are from precedent gen games. You should dig into Wii's library then.

SmithnCo

As expected you are going wild guys. Characters lists are sexy, I understand :) But hasn't Sakurai said he wanted a more thin roster? At least less clones. The more you have characters, the harder it gets to balance them. That was one of Brawl's problem.
And most of characters choices are from precedent gen games. You should dig into Wii's library then.

I'm going to try to thin mine out a little later, upwards of 50 characters does seem pretty heavy.

Nemesis_

Heath, I meant in terms of guessing something so far away. I still love the idea though, hence spending an hour putting a list together :(

Azure J

Characters:

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Daisy
  6. SS Link
  7. Zelda
  8. Ganondorf
  9. ALTTP Link
  10. Donkey Kong
  11. Diddy Kong
  12. Dixie Kong
  13. Samus
  14. Ridley
  15. Yoshi
  16. Pit
  17. Palutena
  18. Medusa
  19. Fox
  20. Falco
  21. Wolf
  22. Olimar
  23. Marth
  24. Ike
  25. Chrom & Lucina (tag team)
  26. Tharja
  27. Pokemon Trainer
  28. Pokemon Rival
  29. Pikachu
  30. Mewtwo (Newtwo?)
  31. Jigglypuff
  32. Lucario
  33. Wario
  34. Captain Syrup
  35. Kirby
  36. Metaknight
  37. Dedede
  38. Ness
  39. Lucas
  40. Captain Falcon
  41. Black Shadow
  42. R.O.B.
  43. Ice Climbers
  44. Mr. Game and Watch
  45. Issac (Golden Sun)
  46. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
  47. Isa + Katchi (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor)
  48. Takamaru (Mystery at Murasame Castle)
  49. Mike Jones (StarTropics, believe)
  50. Shulk (Xenoblade)
  51. Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
  52. Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  53. Megaman (Megaman)
  54. The Wonderful 100 (The Wonderful 101)

Assist Trophies

1. Tempo (HarmoKnight)
  2. Francis (Super Paper Mario)
  3. Kraid (Metroid)
  4. Ghirahim (LoZ: Skyward Sword)
  5. Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  6. Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
  7. Monita (NintendoLand)
  8. Rambi (Donkey Kong Series)
  9. Polterpup (Luigi's Mansion)
  10. Kamek (Yoshi's Island)

Pokeball Pokemon

1. Zekrom
  2. Reshiram
  3. Kyurem
  4. Victini
  5. Volcarona
  6. Scrafty
  7. Xerneas
  8. Yveltal
  9. Sylveon
  10. Meloetta

Stages

1. Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
  2. Skyworld (Skyward Sword)
  3. Abandoned Frigate (Metroid Prime 3)
  4. Stage 2 (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor)
  5. Lightweight/Doc Lewis' Ring (Punch-Out!!)

Will fix this more in a bit.

NeonZ

Sakurai made the same statements about not focusing on a big roster during Brawl's development though, and Brawl removed or differentiated most clones from Melee. The only character in Brawl that really reused a significant amount of animations is Toon Link.

There are some that resemble other characters in concept, like the Star Fox cast all sharing the same basic ideas for special attacks, but they generally still have unique animations and proprieties for most movements, with most recycled animations only being some minor transitions. I can see one or two of them being removed, like Mewtwo was in spite of his unique moveset, but not half of them, like what happened to Melee's clones.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Brawl's Roster (with some modifications):

• Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Fox
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chrom (instead of Ike)
  • King Dedede
  • Kirby
  • Link
  • Lucas
  • Mario
  • Meta Knight
  • Olimar
  • Peach
  • Pikachu
  • Pit
  • Pokémon Trainer (from X/Y)
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus
  • Wario
  • Yoshi
  • Zelda/Sheik
  • Captain Falcon
  • Falco
  • Ganondorf
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewtwo evolution (instead of Lucario)
  • Luigi (with Vacuum)
  • Marth
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Ness
  • R.O.B. (unlikely)
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Paper Mario (instead of Toon Link)
  • Wolf (unlikely)

Plus:
  • Professor Layton
  • Bayonetta
  • Shantae
  • The guy from Pushmo/Crashmo
  • The guys from the Wonderful 101 (working as a team, similar to Pokemon trainer)
  • Protag from Shin Megami Tensei 4
  • Quote from Cave Story
  • The hunter from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

As expected you are going wild guys. Characters lists are sexy, I understand :) But hasn't Sakurai said he wanted a more thin roster? At least less clones
Incorrect, he stated that he wants to do more than just add new characters and stages. I've seen this same quote being tossed around on GameFAQs and it's simply not true.

No way. Especially not Pac-Man. I'm not sure if you're serious or if you're joking, but I really doubt these will be in SSB4 myself.

It would be very, very surprising if at least one character from Kid Icarus: Uprising didn't join the roster. I'd go so far as to say there could be two or three new additions. Lots of characters would suit; Hades, Magnus, Viridi, etc.

And Takmaru's been in Nintendoland. He's an old NES character, but so was Marth/Ice Climbers/Pit/Game & Watch

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Incorrect, he stated that he wants to do more than just add new characters and stages. I've seen this same quote being tossed around on GameFAQs and it's simply not true.

You're saying this quote from him that's floating around is fake?

It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.

TWILT

Banned
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Waluigi
8. Donkey Kong
9. Diddy Kong
10. Link
11. Zelda
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link
14. Pikachu
15. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
16. Jigglypuff
17. Mewtwo (Newtwo?)
18. Ike
19. Marth
20. Chrom
21. Samus/Zero Suit
22. Ridley
23. Ness
24. Lucas
25. Pit
26. Palutena
27. Olimar
28. Fox
29. Falco
30. Wolf
31. Captain Falcon
32. Ice Climbers
33. R.O.B.
34. Game & Watch
35. Snake
36. Sonic
37. Kirby
38. Metaknight
39. Dedede
40. Shulk (Xenoblade)
41. Pac-Man
42. Ryu (Street Fighter)
43. Takamaru
44. Ghirahim (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
45. New Pokemon Trainer (5th or 6th Gen Pokemon)

Assist Trophies
Lissa (Fire Emblem)
Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
Viridi (Kid Icarus Uprising)
King K. Rool (DK)
E. Gadd
Mii
Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Monita (Nintendo Land)
Roy (Fire Emblem)
Masked Man (Mother 3)

Pokeballs
Zoroark
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Oshawott
Scrafty
Volcarona
Genesect
Victini
Eevee

Stages
N's Castle (Pokemon White/Black)
Skyloft (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
The Underworld (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Emmeryn's Castle (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Gaur Plains (Xenoblade)
Mario Galaxy Stage?
Maze (Pacman)

Items
Monado
Dark Pit Staff
Super Leaf (Mario)
Pandora Claws
Twinbellows Cannon

JazzmanZ

Characters
1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Bowser
5.Yoshi
6.Donkey kong
7.Diddy Kong
8.Wario
9.Link
10.Zelda/Shiek
11.Ganondrof
12.Samus/Zero suit Samus
13.Ice climbers
14.Pit
15.R.O.B
16.Kirby
17.Metaknight
18.King Dedede
19.Captain Falcon
20.Olimar
21.Fox
22.Falco
23.Pikachu
25.JIgglypuff
26.Marth
27.Ness
28.Lucas
29.Mr.Game and Watch
30.Sonic
31.HADES
32.SHULK
33.SOMETHING FROM RHYTHM HEAVEN
34.RIDLEY
35.MEWTWO
36.CHROM
37.POKEMON TRAINER (different generation pokemon)
38.SAMURAI GORAH
39.PAC-MAN
40.LAYTON
41.LITTLE MAC
42.SOMEONE FROM THE WONDERFUL 101

10 Assist Trophies
1.Bowser jr.
2.Medusa
3.Kracko
4.Pushmo dude Mallo
5.Dillion
6.King hippo
7.Rikki (Xenoblade)
8.Something from Rhythm heaven
9.King K. Rool
10.Flint

10 Pokeballs
1.Zoroark
2.Golruk
3.Lucario
4.Zekrom
5.Reshirham
6.Kyurem
8.Victini
9.Genesect
10.Vanillish

8 Stages
1.Mario's faceship (Super mario galaxy 2)
2.Skyloft (Skyward sword)
3.N's castle (Pokemon black/white)
4.The Underworld (Kid icarus uprising)
5.The factory (Donkey kong country returns)
6.Grassland (New super mario bros. Wii)
7.Wrestling ring (Punch-out)
8.Game & Watch 3

5 Items
1.Poison mushroom
2.Orbitars (kid icarus uprising)
3.Mario kart
4.Kuribo Boot/the boot from Kirby returns to dreamland
5.Rambi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom