• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

NeonZ

Ummm, if this is an ESRB build, it would have to be the full roster.

No, it wouldn't. It'd only need to showcase characters that could change the game's rating. Note how the trophy showcase goes after odd viewing angle of female characters and the "devil car" one. They don't need to show every single trophy, just give some examples of the ones that might weight on the classification.

It does pretty much rule out something like Snake as an unlockable though, since his realistic violence would be pretty different from any other character and would need to be shown individually.

linko9

No, it wouldn't. It'd only need to showcase characters that could change the game's rating. Note how the trophy showcase goes after odd viewing angle of female characters and the "devil car" one. They don't need to show every single trophy, just give some examples of the ones that might weight on the classification.

It does pretty much rule out something like Snake as an unlockable though, since his realistic violence would be pretty different from any other character and would need to be shown individually.

Not if he's DLC like the leak said; obviously the ESRB can't review post-launch DLC at this time.

Bummed that Ganondorf is still a clone of falcon. Give the dude some respect.

Not if he's DLC like the leak said; obviously the ESRB can't review post-launch DLC at this time.

Bummed that Ganondorf is still a clone of falcon. Give the dude some respect.

The leaker who said there would be DLC characters admitted he or she was lying about it.

The leaker who said there would be DLC characters admitted he or she was lying about it.

Gametsu said there was DLC.

Also since the GameFAQs leak is correct as of now (as in nothing is false yet, some still is still unknown), does this mean that Impa/Ridley/Dixie have some weight to them now?

Tan

Wait so what happened to that confirmation of Snake, Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf? Was that debunked? :(

There's like a million people talking about what other characters there could be. I don't think it's safe to believe anything that's not in video form 100%.

There's like a million people talking about what other characters there could be. I don't think it's safe to believe anything that's not in video form 100%.
Thanks man. I'm satisfyed with the roster we have confirmed. I just also want Snake lol. But as long as my main man Falco is in, all is good.

linko9

Dark pit? For what? It's not like he will ever be in another game again.

Easy clone to fill in a roster slot. Requires minimal dev time; same with doc mario, lucina, and why they didn't give Ganon his own moveset. I'm a little disappointed, but with (presumably) 54 characters, I really can't complain.

evwVPAn.jpg

Don't quite know how reddit works, but is the leaker telling this guy to stop telling others about "fake" reps?

E: or is the guy who said this the leaker?

Lmao you did not.

JCX

No Reyn AT!

he's shulks final smash

I was thinking about how to incorporate chain attacks, and that makes perfect sense.

Thing I like most about Shulk is that it shows Nintendo trying to really push a big new core console franchise for the first time in a while. His inclusion is a large show of faith, considering fans had to petition to get his game localized in the first place.

Okay, so what's the status on the DLC characters? This is of utmost importance.

I can get onboard with the strange choices of Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. (who actually looks pretty cool in action), if I know that my Ice Climbers and Snake are for sure coming.

Are they really tied to this leak 100%?

batbeg

Leak #1 shows Lucas as DLC? Is Leak #1 the legit one because I will murder every staffer on this game if there's no way of me playing as Lucas, and then I will find Leaker #1 and make them pay.

Mistle

The one aspect, above all else, that confirms this as real is Ganondorf. Him still being a clone is the most Sakurai-move ever, haha

MisterHero

What, Sakurai revives Megaman, makes Pac-Man an expressive little ball and makes Dedede the funniest facial expression source so far yet makes Shulk a tin man?
They are using expressions they've always had.

Likewise, Shulk better say "I'll KIIIIIIIIIIILLLLL YOOOOOOUUU!!!" as one of his taunts

as for his animation... it could be a side effect of one of his modes

DizzyCrow

From the main Smash thread:
I have a source that has just informed me that Nintendo have identified the leaker. He has been fired and is being sued. He does not work at ESRB itself. He was an employee of NoA, who was sending materials to the ESRB. This is a completely internal leak.

The leaker, despite having been fired, still has a copy of the Smash Bros 3DS game in his possession; as well as one of the 3DS systems used for internal ratings. Nintendo has yet to seize these from him. It's a copy of the final build of the game.

If there is more to be unlocked in the game, such as new characters, it is possible we'll see more from him (if he still cares to share it); given that he still has it.

SegaShack

Still wish they cut more existing characters that were non-essential to have more new characters. Sick of most of the roster being the same.

Is this true? If so, for one, wow. And for second, I hope there are more characters than what's listed. The Ice Climbers have been my main since Melee and while I'll admit I would buy them as DLC if I have to, I'd much rather them be in the game at launch. I'd actually be pretty pissed if they're confirmed not.

Kyou

I have a source that has just informed me that Nintendo have identified the leaker. He has been fired and is being sued. He does not work at ESRB itself. He was an employee of NoA, who was sending materials to the ESRB. This is a completely internal leak.

The leaker, despite having been fired, still has a copy of the Smash Bros 3DS game in his possession; as well as one of the 3DS systems used for internal ratings. Nintendo has yet to seize these from him. It's a copy of the final build of the game.

If there is more to be unlocked in the game, such as new characters, it is possible we'll see more from him (if he still cares to share it); given that he still has it.

my uncle's roommate who works for Nintendo and is friends with Miyamoto told me this is true and he also says you can get the Mew hidden under the truck if you beat all eight gym leaders with only Pikachu.

Top Bottom