• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

Spinluck

No Ice Climbers.

Fucking dumb. Extra dumb if due to pandering to the shitty 3DS hardware.

WHERE'S MY CUTESKIMOS

What other reason would they be cut though?

Sakurai vaguely commented on this early on, but fans were saying that in no way meant IC weren't gonna make it back. Unless they are unlockable (doubt that), then they are gone. The writing was on the wall, and frankly, I do not see them making it as DLC unless they were free.

I'd like to be wrong though.

Spinluck

If the rumours are true it was for the illusion of DLC.

There are so many different rumors regarding the DLC and a lot of them conflict with each other. It would be complete bullshit if the Wii U version had to lose the Ice Climbers because of the 3DS version.

FlyingCheese

Neo Member
I really wanted Phoenix Wright to be featured somehow, I'd even take a simple assist trophy. The series was born on Nintendo consoles after all.

I really wanted Phoenix Wright to be featured somehow, I'd even take a simple assist trophy. The series was born on Nintendo consoles after all.

Always thought that a courtroom stage would suit PW better. Wright and Edgeworth arguing it out on either side and you have to avoid their objections, and a series of guest characters taking the accused stand in the middle. So beautiful in my mind.

FlyingCheese

Neo Member
Always thought that a courtroom stage would suit PW better. Wright and Edgeworth arguing it out on either side and you have to avoid their objections, and a series of guest characters taking the accused stand in the middle. So beautiful in my mind.

i hate it when people pitch great ideas that will most likely never come to life. This would be awesome

Then put Blood Falcon into the game as a C.Falcon clone, and give him Dorf's current moveset.

Ganondorf deserves to be his own character.

Edit:
Gah, no one will see this.
I thought the popular fan thing was have Black Shadow steal the Captain Ganon moveset to free Gannon to have his sword and other magic.

Blood Falcon is a clone of Captain Falcon* makes no sense as a bigger slower one.

*-According to the F-Zero X bios...

sfz

Banned
There are still 5 slots and I don't buy the Ridley/Dixie list. There is still hope. I would be surprised if the Climbers are cut. But nothing's confirmed either way.

I'm just sitting here hyping about Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr.

RetroMG

Oh man. Lotta Hart could have camera flashes that white out the screen when she takes the stand... The waitress from that one case in game three could throw out random healing items... A Steel Samurai witness could sometimes swing his spear, or Francisca Von Karma could swing her whip to damage players.

This needs to happen, Sakurai.

Earlier in this thread somebody said "remember what happened to the guy who leaked the redesigned GamePad" or something, but I forgot to quote it.

What happened there? What happened to that guy?

Tansut

So apparently the MF leaker got found out and someone made a pastebin with some personal info and links to various accounts he has on different sites, including GAF. I feel kinda weird about sharing the link because of that, and not to mention for the reason that who the hell knows if this is legit or accurate, but according to the pastebin...

This is what you get for lying about DLC
This is what you get for costing a man his job, and maybe even getting him prosecuted
This is what you get for being duplicitous
This is what you get for being 16 on 4chan
This is what you get for lying about Mach Rider, Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie and Impa, for lying about everything but the pictures you were never supposed to have

I've heard Nintendo found the leaker and they lost their job and such. I do not feel bad for the leaker if this is true.

I feel a little bad... but it all comes down to "Are fake internet points worth losing real money over?"

Earlier in this thread somebody said "remember what happened to the guy who leaked the redesigned GamePad" or something, but I forgot to quote it.

What happened there? What happened to that guy?

Lost his job and was more or less cut off from ever getting another job in the game industry.

Lgndryhr

I feel a little bad... but it all comes down to "Are fake internet points worth losing real money over?"

Lost his job and was more or less cut off from ever getting another job in the game industry.

I don't because of that reason alone. If fame among the community for a one time thing is worth it over a job then you deserve that. It is hopefully a reality wake up for him or her. All I hope is they are able to recover from this and move on. I do think Nintendo suing them is a little too much though.

That is probably what will happen to this person as well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So apparently the MF leaker got found out and someone made a pastebin with some personal info and links to various accounts he has on different sites, including GAF. I feel kinda weird about sharing the link because of that, and not to mention for the reason that who the hell knows if this is legit or accurate, but according to the pastebin...

People going too far once again.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
Samus my main forevever, and I will keep waiting for the day Lyn, Isaac and Dark Samus are playable. <3

Not Smash 4. But the rumor about Lyn Issac (and others) being in PM still has some merit to it.

But yea im pleased about the roster. The cuts don't bother me as the only ones that really takes a hit is ICs (I mean does the lack of wolf and Lucas really mean that much when you have ness and Fox/Falco?)

I always knew Snake was never coming back anyway.

I will say the lack of a 3rd dk rep is criminal though.

Riki

NDAs aren't a joke. Especially for Nintendo.
If you break them, you will suffer the consequences.
While making the internet freak out is fun, it's not worth it to lose your job and ruin your future.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So the leaker wasn't actually the person who took the pictures but rather someone else?

Reminds me of the digipen leak in XY.

Platy

So the leaker wasn't actually the person who took the pictures but rather someone else?

Reminds me of the digipen leak in XY.

Well that explains the brazilian monitor .... probably somebody who works at Nintendo of America with a brazilian friend that sucks at keeping secrets =P

Mistle

I'd say the GAF info on the MF Leaker is correct.. He was pretty often first to report the /v/ leaks to gaf.

I won't post who he is either. But I have 0 respect for leakers. Such huge breakers of trust, be it a legal NDA or that of a friend who put faith in you to keep things under wrap. Plus, ruining the excitement Nintendo/Sakurai had carefully been building up. Leakers deserve whatever they have coming to them, I can't say I feel sorry his personal info got out. At long as nobody does anything even more stupid to him.

The Lamp

I just really want Ice Climbers back in, and maybe Snake. Wolf and Lucas hurt, but Falco/Fox and Ness are similar enough to them.

Who's the MF leaker? Is he the original real leaker?

And at a certain point the judge rises in the background, looking down upon his chaotic courtroom and slams his gavel down on the battlefield asking for order and silence. How beautiful it would be.

Dryk

I just really want Ice Climbers back in, and maybe Snake. Wolf and Lucas hurt, but Falco/Fox and Ness are similar enough to them.

But yea im pleased about the roster. The cuts don't bother me as the only ones that really takes a hit is ICs (I mean does the lack of wolf and Lucas really mean that much when you have ness and Fox/Falco?)

Let's play "Spot the people that don't play as Ness/Lucas"

Well that explains the brazilian monitor .... probably somebody who works at Nintendo of America with a brazilian friend that sucks at keeping secrets =P

Brazilian monitor isn't that far-fetched. They probably got a good deal to buy them in bulk. Not like there's a law preventing Brazilian monitors from being sold in NA.

Yousefb

I never felt like Wolf was a clone of Fox like Falco is. Other than the final smash, he plays differently enough to be his own unique character in my book. I'll be sad to see him go.

I'm fine with Ice Climbers being cut since Rosalina and Olimar kind of fill those rolls. I proposed that idea a couple months back but people didn't like it, and I caved. Definitely mad that Ganondorf is a clone again. That character has so many possibilities and he's just left there.

Also, since apparently some people don't know this: NDAs are extremely serious, and breaking them ruins careers. Part of my work involves them, and you have to be very careful. It's too bad someone's out of a job, but that's the risk taken when you break one and tell someone who isn't as close as a sibling, or closer. /PSA

Neiteio

I bet they bought like a Brazilian of them
dZVQPBm.gif

The Lamp

Let's play "Spot the people that don't play as Ness/Lucas"

Lucas/Ness are actually among my favorite characters. They're my mains in Project M.

They're still similar enough to wear I would prefer one of them being cut over someone like Ice Climbers, who has no clone, being cut.

leroidys

The worst cut IMO is Pokemon Trainer. That shit stings. It was such a fun character, and such a great rep for the pokemon franchise. I'm also wary of how Olimar is going to play with only 3 pikmin. After that, Lucas hurts the most, but Ness was always more fun to play as anyway.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
People complaining about Ganondorf being a clone are a little insensitive to current 'Dorf users, no?

I have always been a Ganondorf user and use him quite well, but he does deserve to be his own character and not a cheapass knockoff of Captain Falcon. Tecmo Koei at this point has done Ganondorf more justice.

Top Bottom