• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
bHjHrKo.png

Ijs5rnl.png

txj6kuK.png

PlFfgip.png

afYL3C6.png

oSoaiAA.png
Z0Bs5Ck.png
WtOr19M.png
iaaMUVi.png
YmDD9MK.png
8PZjQPh.png
8uUORqS.png

u9kuAu1.png

JeFzKWh.png

8f2PExC.png

XbMFI9d.png

UK9OUC0.png
]
HPPwvJt.png

DSkiIL6.png

yPfPqAs.png

VkYqNPr.png

ZSiPcEB.png

1PadeMM.png

xQN20Ap.png

LBr0Vqn.png

wRruGyM.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really want to thank everyone for helping me out with Super Smash Bros. DLC OT! I really appreciate all helps that I have got from y'all; SunnyD for FAQ, Roo for Official Thread buttons and Xane for allowing me to borrow his works.

I wasn't even planning to do Smash Bros DLC OT until couple days ago so I decided to step in and complete Smash Bros DLC OT best as I can. I want to apologize if OT look kinda rough. Thank you for being patience with me, and get hype for more DLC characters! :D

IRC Chat
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

Karsticles' Ranbats Season 3

SMASHGAF RANBATS – SEASON THREE
With a batch of players with renewed interested in this game, I wanted to post about the SmashGAF Ranbats. Ranbats are much like a sports league, where players are put in brackets to compete against one another. It is all fairly fun and casual, with the goal of fostering a sense of community in the SmashGAF threads. Below are the rules we use to guide SmashGAF Ranbat play. If you are interested, quote this post to see the sign-up link below:

Season 3 starts on Sunday, April 19. Sign-ups will close on Friday, April 17.
The results of the first round are due by Sunday, April 26.

BRACKETS:
I have the preliminary brackets set up. These are expected to change before Season 3 begins, but they provide a strong idea of what match-ups everyone will be facing:
http://tinyurl.com/ktl9yff

SETUP:
• Each player belongs to a bracket.
• Player names are listed as GAFNAME(NNID).
• Each week, you are responsible for playing one new person – of your choice - in your bracket by Sunday night.
• Record the score in Google Spreadsheets using the invitation you were provided with.
o 1 = Winner.
o 0 = Loser.
o The horizontal cells from your name are your score; the vertical is for reference against who you played against.
• The format is Round Robin – everyone plays everyone in their bracket once.

IN-GAME RULES:
• First to 5 wins takes the set.
• 1v1.
• Customs are legal, items and equipment are not.
• Either player may switch characters between matches.
• 2-stock with a 6-minute timer.
• Time Out Clause: if the match timer hits “0”, the player with the lowest damage % wins.
• In-game mechanics result in the stage decision (each player picks; game decides).
• When starting a set, each player may post two stages that are banned for the set.
• For the purposes of this rule, omega-version stages are all one “stage”.
• If a player wins on a stage, that player may not pick that stage for the next two rounds of the set.
• Legal stage list:

All For Glory Stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Skyloft
Castle Seige
Halberd
Delfino
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island

GENERAL EXPECTATIONS:
• Be honest.
• Be respectful.
• Be responsible.

GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL:
• Dishonest score reports.
• Disrespectful conduct.
• Consistent failure to play matches on time.
• Consistent complaints about connection quality.

FAQ:
I am new to SmashGAF – can I join?
Yes! Anyone is welcome to play! This is about having fun and fostering a sense of community.

What should I do to try and find my matches?
PM people on NeoGAF! Try to work out times instead of hoping it all works out. If a player has been banned, PM me for an e-mail contact.

What if my opponent and I are having trouble making our match happen within the one-week period?
You have a two-week grade period to play each match, but do your best to play your match within the one-week period provided. If you do not play a match one week, you must play two the next to catch up. I will be lenient on ranbans, however, and will only ban a player after the ranbat season has concluded and matches are left unplayed.

What should I do if I have tried to set up a ranbat match with someone, but they are unresponsive?
PM me the evidence of your attempts so that I can make an informed decision regarding ranbans.

Why is <Insert Rule> the case instead of <Insert Other Rule>?
Everything exists as it does because I feel it is a good policy. Nothing is cut into diamond, however, and if the majority player base feels a policy change is needed, I fully welcome discussion on the issue.

Can I join late?
Unless someone drops out mid-season, you will have to wait until the next season begins. There is no player cap, however, so you will be welcome to join when the next season begins.

Can I play ahead, or even finish my entire season right away?
Sure, go for it! I encourage this, actually.

Should I wire my connection?
Hell yes you should! Here are two methods to improve your connection:
1) Wiring your Wii U through an Ethernet adapter is the best option. A wireless connection will never stack up to a wired one. Here is a link to a cheap adapter that many players here use, and it works wonderfully:
http://tinyurl.com/qej8w74

2) If your modem is far away from your Wii U, you can try a Powerline Interner Adapter. These work by channeling your internet connection through an electrical socket. I do not use one personally, but several GAF members have praised their efficacy. Here is a list of options; if a GAF member wants to weigh in on the various levels of quality present here, I am glad to recommend one over the others:
http://tinyurl.com/n7xsckk

How were the brackets decided?
The top player from each bracket moved up to the next bracket. The player with the lowest score in each bracket moved down one bracket. New players, including most returning players, are grouped in a new bracket.

This season, the top 2 players will move up, and the bottom 2 players will move down.

I was banned in the first season. Can I rejoin?
Anyone banned during Season 1 can rejoin the ranbats for Season 3. However, if the player is banned a second time, the ranban will be notably longer. Fool me once, etc.

Nice OT! I'm looking forward to purchasing Mewtwo on the 29th. You lucky lot have fun tomorrow while I cry for forgetting to register my copies of the game...

Crocodile

A) Nice OP as always IntelliHeath. Thanks for doing these threads

B) Fucking Nintendo, there better be patch notes :(

C) Is "Monkey" supposed to be listed twice under the DLC costumes?

ffdgh

A) Nice OP as always IntelliHeath. Thanks for doing these threads

B) Fucking Nintendo, there better be patch notes :(

C) Is "Monkey" supposed to be listed twice under the DLC costumes?

Smash hackers will likely have the character changes up in a few days if nintendo doesn't post any thankfully.

I'm still itching to know how Mewtwo is voiced. I'll be perfectly fine with a straight port of his Melee voice ala Jigglypuff (funny as Rachael Lillis has already been replaced by Michele Knotz in the anime), Pikachu, Marth, the works.

If they do get a new recording, hopefully they manage to get Dan Green or even better, the ORIGINAL voice Jay Geode who is NOT dead to come back after all this time, that'd be SICK! :D

Vena

Is this going to replace our normal OT?

Also, this, Hyrule, and Mario Kart are games that can't stop being bigger. If they pull this shit with XCX, I am retiring from gaming because I will have too much shit to do.

tesla246

Has the aerial C-stick been fixed yet? Would really love to buy this game, sadly, the GameCube-adapter is still not available here in the Netherlands.

DarkKyo

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about the Mii gear? The miis are such boring characters to play as, I dunno...

Sign me up for official character DLC tho!

Geg

Do we know when the Miiverse stage is coming? I don't think I've heard anything on that since the initial reveal

edit: Whoops didn't see that answered in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom