• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

DaBoss

That's a pretty good point. SSBB alone sold over 10 million copies. Melee sold about 7 million, SSB sold about five million.

That job listing...I still don't know what to think about it.
It's also mentions the 6th entry which is what the next Soul Calibur will be.

georly

OH MY GOD SAKURAI, YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT.

You can't post a picture of the day and have the miiverse text not even mention it!

Edit:

NOA Twitter:

fZvi7d8.png

We're happy to see so many people excited for the #SmashBros. Direct later today at 3pm PT! (1/2)
We hope you’ll tune in to learn about the launch window for the next #SmashBros., and much more! (2/2)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Correct :)

He goes on about this direct thing when I want answers about boxes!

Do all 3 types appear on every stage now!? Why doesn't the silver one have wheels anymore!?

The wheel function is random. All crates will have wheels but they wouldn't always shown up with the wheels tho.

Three Crates = Three Surprises. :p

georly

pleasebesummerpleasebesummerpleasebesummerpleasebusummer...

If it were summer, we'd have an actual date. No way that at this point they wouldn't know if it's releasing July 7th or Aug 12. It must be Fall or Dec. I think October at the earliest, but I'm honestly Expecting a Dec 15ish date, like brawl was supposed to be.

The wheel function is random. All crates will have wheels but they wouldn't always shown up with the wheels tho.

Three Crates = Three Surprises. :p

Good call on the wheel function. I just woke up and i'm drinking my coffee, so i totally forgot. Not to mention I usually turn off crates because they cause too much trouble!

I can get behind the 3 surprises idea.

1 veteran, 1 newcomer, 1 gameplay feature (adventure mode, or customization)

Neifirst

I hope the "and much more" is about news not related to Smash, but I doubt it. I still have this hope that Nintendo & Capcom have been secretly collaborating on a new, exclusive Mega Man title for Wii U.

Lunar15

Well, on one hand, I doubt noa would hype up the launch window announcement if it was delayed.

On the other hand, "launch window" isn't super promising.

georly

That's it :)

December 3rd is a Wed, so sometime that week (following sunday inclusive). Need to have it to boost holiday sales. Ideally, for US sales, it would need to be for black friday so you can bundle it with wii U.

That said, we're getting launch 'window' not 'windows', which means that if they're releasing separately, they'll be within a few months of eachother. I think it more likely means they're launching at the same time. Can't wait to buy both at once!

Disc for wii U, download for 3ds, for me. I'm thinking about download for wii u, but it depends on the size. I really don't want an external drive for it, so it needs to fit on the remaining disk size i have.

Princess_Eevee9

Neo Member
zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

Pic of the day, and a very important announcement.

On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!
It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.
You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

Woohoo more Pikachu love!! Wonder what's in those present boxes. Oh, hello there SmashGaf. *Polite wave*

-Horizon-

zlCfzRwo2B0zAZDIlK

Pic of the day, and a very important announcement.

On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!
It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.
You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

One of the boxes has Half Life 3.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Pikachu is laying on three boxes... Three boxes... Pokémon Trainer was in Brawl and he had three pokémon... POKÉMON TRAINER CONFIRMED TO RETURN.

Toxi

Banned
I make an avatar bet that I won't lose my avatar.

honhonhonhonhonhonhon

Also, Ridley ain't appearin'. Poor guy's shit out of luck.

Correct :)

He goes on about this direct thing when I want answers about boxes!

Do all 3 types appear on every stage now!? Why doesn't the silver one have wheels anymore!?

You're aware all 3 kinds have wheeled and non-wheeled varieties, right?

EDIT: Ah, I see someone mentioned it. Yeah why are they all on the same stage? Looks like a present stage to me.

Makai

I'm down for avatar bets if anyone wants to take my safe bets on.

I am sure there will be appearances from:

Captain Falcon's knee
Sakurai
Iwata's suit and parted hair
Donk

maxcriden

I really hope the launch window is no later than Q3 2014. It would be great if we got a month. Based on that NOA tweet I don't expect a specific day unless "launch window" means one separate day for each game but I won't necessarily expect it to.

I think they should try to have the game out by the end of September if at all possible. I think Iwata said they plan to create momentum with releases (...again...) starting with MK8, and I feel like November sounds way too late unless we get Yarn Yoshi and some other releases in-between. I'm hoping for at least one retail release from Nintendo per month starting with MK8. Maybe Wii Sports Club on disc in June, Yoshi in July, Hyrule Warriors in August....

Top Bottom