• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Yea, it shows up here actually having knockback: http://youtu.be/xvudMu-5kIU?t=1m24s

It may be a custom move like others have said?

From the initial reveal trailer:
ibsAO2cbnyshyt.gif

Or this validates the theory that the first hit has knockback and the rest has no flinch effect. So basically, you have to hit them with the first hit or you get punished. Which could make it okay for ground attacks, but weak for recovery in the air.

DaBoss

Or this validates the theory that the first hit has knockback and the rest has no flinch effect. So basically, you have to hit them with the first hit or you get punished. Which could make it okay for ground attacks, but weak for recovery in the air.
Hmmm, this could be it. Either way, this no knockback or flinching is still shit for DK.

I doubt its air properties have been changed from Brawl.

DK's Up Special is now slanted when used on the ground. GIF is slowed down when it hits Mega Man.
i9Mspy88ZAcU2.gif

And that's not all, it is now a multi-hit move that seems to have no knockback. Look at Mega Man not flinching or sent flying at all.

Maybe they're actually playing Smash Run, and Megaman just happened to have high defence.

PKrockin

Or it works differently in the air. Doesn't even Brawl have some differences between the move depending on if it's activated in the air or on ground?

Or it works differently in the air. Doesn't even Brawl have some differences between the move depending on if it's activated in the air or on ground?

Falcon Kick, Warlock Kick, Ness' PK fire, Ice Climbers blizzard all do

Arguably Bowser's ground pound, Wario's bike, and Yoshi's ground pound as well

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but it looks like you will be able to pick up items on the fly like in Brawl. Just look at how Fox pics up the shell while using his dash attack. I only noticed this because it is not like this in Project M (and maybe Melee, it's been awhile). That was one of the few changes that I didn't like in Project M, because you had to press Z instead.

Super Armor is an item in Smash Run.

I was under the impression the items in Smash Run were to be used during the dungeon exploration part not the actual brawls

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but it looks like you will be able to pick up items on the fly like in Brawl. Just look at how Fox pics up the shell while using his dash attack. I only noticed this because it is not like this in Project M (and maybe Melee, it's been awhile). That was one of the few changes that I didn't like in Project M, because you had to press Z instead.

It was especially dumb with stickers where you can't pick them up till they fall to the ground :/

Arguably? More like definitely. A lot of other moves work differently depending on whether you're airborne or not.

I said arguably because in terms of how they hit they're the same, but the ground pounds the character adds a jump and for Wario in the air his bike gets a hop which doesn't happen on the ground.

The first ones I mentioned on the other hand attack in a different direction and look different as well

I was under the impression the items in Smash Run were to be used during the dungeon exploration part not the actual brawls

I think your impression is still right. By 'high defense' I think what is meant is that the Megaman player picked up a lot of Defense boosts during the run portion of Smash Run. It's an assumption to say that high defense will reduce knockback, however

I just watched Smash Direct UK since they are subtitled so I understand everything better. I'm pleased.

Actually had to do that because I couldn't get the mibbit link to YT stream for US to work, so I tried UK stream, but that wasnt helping either as the direct wasnt playing on the top of the page. Went down on UK page and clicked a link/popup for it that timed the direct and had the direct on it

Sorry if this was brought up before, but did anyone else here notice how Mega Man's promo art for the game is a homage to the older Japanese promo art for the classic series? I just realized it today.

Here's what I'm talking about.

ffdgh

Sorry if this was brought up before, but did anyone else here notice how Mega Man's promo art for the game is a homage to the older Japanese promo art for the classic series? I just realized it today.

It was made by the same person IIRC lol.

AbsolPowers

Neo Member

Wow, never noticed that. I'd say it looks like 7's mostly. It's also funny to see there are eight characters even to mirror the eight robot masters. I especially didn't notice that part.

Eight Smash Masters?

DaBoss

This thread is nearing 20,000 posts which is when NeoGAF's archiving system or something starts to act funny. So new threads are made in place of threads that go near that limit. Usually those threads near 20,000 are locked. The Smash 4 threads haven't been locked yet and it allows for easier quoting of old posts and linking stuff, so let's not start now.

Don't use this thread anymore.

Use this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802824
If we keep posting until we hit the limit will it auto-lock? :)
There is no auto-lock.

Top Bottom