• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

mariomxukh.gif

That shit's hot.

Hatchtag

Banned
Welcome. New members get free punch.

Since 3DS gets City Trial, I wonder what Wii U will get. Online co-op adventure mode?

My guess would be a boss mode, where a player with the gamepad controls bosses (master hand, ridley if he's not playable).

If it WAS legit, its possible that he didn't want to spoil the exact identity of today's newcomer (while spoiling the identities of presumably the rest of them....yeah idk)
Also possible he just didn't remember Greninja's name. Like maybe he never played X and Y but had seen Greninja in association with it

My guess would be a boss mode, where a player with the gamepad controls bosses (master hand, ridley if he's not playable).

So essentially.

Ridley would be playable.

Actually I had this idea for a while and hope it comes to fruition. Gamepad player as a Boss is perfect, especially with something like Master Hand.

MyBodyisReady

Neo Member
XpKGpy5.jpg

My friend Croco seems to believe that you can see Pikachu's tail in Ridley's talons. This could indicate a playable Ridley because he's possibly grabbing Pikachu and sized correctly for fighting.

Thoughts?

KzXvanI.jpg

_woLf

Nice work. I'm still holding out hope for Lucina, or Krystal. Looks like Kumatora doesn't have a chance, with Lucas and ness not even announced at this point.

I seriously hope both of them make it in. Lucina is a lot more interesting than Chrom imo and I really feel like if they added Krystal with a staff there could be a lot of cool mechanics rather than someone like Wolf or Falco. If they do add Krystal, I hope it's Star Fox Adventures version and not Assault version, where she'd probably just play like a female Fox

Kouriozan

So much GIFs potential from this Direct.
We got enough info until E3 me think.
PotD is going to be a bit boring with so much reveal but damn that was awesome.

I wouldn't count on it

I guess the best scenario would be for Nintendo and MLG to blow Smash 4 the fuck up together. Maybe then MLG, as a focused organization partnered with Nintendo, can give some direct input on how to improve the game on a competitive level.

Also there should really be a 2v2 For Glory mode (allow players to invite specific teammates, of course) and the possibility of bad netcode still scares the hell out of me, but those aside, I'm hyped beyond belief.

Side note - why did Sakurai recommend an ethernet adapter? I thought wireless was faster on Wii U for some reason?

XpKGpy5.jpg

My friend Croco seems to believe that you can see Pikachu's tail in Ridley's talons. This could indicate a playable Ridley because he's possibly grabbing Pikachu and sized correctly for fighting.

Thoughts?

KzXvanI

It's during a section where he is specifically talking about stage hazards

The last time he talked about Ridley, it was insinuating he was a stage hazard

How on earth are people still clinging to this

rekameohs

Banned

Because it's just a shadow. Clearly Sakurai is hiding him and not trolling us! I mean, when has that man ever been known to troll his fans?!

Kjellson

Did you guys see when the Assist Trophy reel was shown Waluigi had the Wario icon next to his name?

I've been saying for years that if Waluigi was playable he should go under the Wario series because he's Wario's equivalent to Luigi. Maybe next Smash.....

Also, Wario confirmed I guess.

Axass

So ridley is a boss? Why aren't we still melting down?

Edit: ah, denial.

Same Sakurai who just teased us with fake Palutena. If he really was JUST a stage hazard he'd have shown him already.

I like Samus new face
and boobs
. But the heels are heelarious. Such a bad design. Other M Samus has the nicer body design overall.

I guess the best scenario would be for Nintendo and MLG to blow Smash 4 the fuck up together. Maybe then MLG, as a focused organization partnered with Nintendo, can give some direct input on how to improve the game on a competitive level.

Also there should really be a 2v2 For Glory mode (allow players to invite specific teammates, of course) and the possibility of bad netcode still scares the hell out of me, but those aside, I'm hyped beyond belief.

Side note - why did Sakurai recommend an ethernet adapter? I thought wireless was faster on Wii U for some reason?

Nintendo, actually pushing one of their games competitively? nah
(it could probably knock off Counter-Strike from #4 too, lol)

and to the bolded, Nintendo wants your money obviously

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Direct was glorious.

Fuck yeah Greninja! I'm still a Nut fan but Greninja's okay too.

Cosplaying is totally in right now.

That's not cosplaying :p

XpKGpy5.jpg

Thoughts?

KzXvanI

Stage hazard.

Top Bottom