• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

I've added more icons to my 48 character roster to make it easier to visualize:

IC1J9JD.png

That's kind of a bare minimum roster for me. I'm hoping for a few more characters.

Throw in Ridley and we have a winner.

iratA

Sakurai posted this as production got underway on SSB4. You can see Mr. Game & Watch on the right.

*snip image*

I trust Mr. G&W will be back. He represents vintage Nintendo history, which is part of the idea behind Smash. More importantly, he's an incredibly unique character -- a clever reinvention by Sakurai.

He's also my favorite character. His parachute-into-key-drop combo would endlessly infuriate my friends.

^OMG this was the situation at my house also. lol

Hadn't seen that pick before but now I'm getting excited!

Neiteio

48 is a weird number. I don't that Sakurai would put in two random boxes on the screen. I'm guessing it will be 49 with Lucas coming back ヽ(^o^)ノ
They should just put Random into the box where the character portrait is displayed. It doesn't need its own icon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

IC1J9JD.png

That's kind of a bare minimum roster for me. I'm hoping for a few more characters.

So you are ditching 54 characters roster now right?

The astronomer in me is trying to make sense of the background. Either it's a planet that has about the same volume as its parent star (nigh impossible), or it's a twin star system, and one of them is so hot it burns blue (would require either different elemental make-up or vastly different size), or else the two bodies are at very different distances and only appear to have the same magnitude because their distances are in direct proportion to their sizes (Unlikely, considering it appears they have some matter exchanging in the middle).

TL;DR they're two stars from different systems colliding... Like what the Smash Bros series is all about.

Definitely agreed.

What does GAF think the chances are of Mr Game & Watch returning? Loved that guy!

I'm pretty sure that he will be back

Looking at that whiteboard drawing made me think...

When are they going to take the new character posters and actually start selling them on Club Nintendo or something? I really want the Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, and Greninja posters on my wall.

Neiteio

So has everyone just completely abandoned any thought of Hades being in Smash 4?
Like Greninja, Hades would be a dream come true. Also like Greninja, I don't let myself dream this dream because there are so many characters from Kid Icarus Uprising that could beat him to the punch, if there's even a third Kid Icarus character after Palutena (yes, I think it's safe to say Palutena is in the game). I mean, my choice would be Hades (after Palutena), but I could see Medusa giving him some competition. Maybe even Magnus...

On the note of Kid Icarus, let's talk about Palutena for a moment. Where does everyone stand on these images now?

oHXoKhw.jpg

The astronomer in me is trying to make sense of the background. Either it's a planet that has about the same volume as its parent star (nigh impossible), or it's a twin star system, and one of them is so hot it burns blue (would require either different elemental make-up or vastly different size), or else the two bodies are at very different distances and only appear to have the same magnitude because their distances are in direct proportion to their sizes (Unlikely, considering it appears they have some matter exchanging in the middle).

TL;DR they're two stars from different systems colliding... Like what the Smash Bros series is all about.

A star with continents? That's a new one.

Like Greninja, Hades would be a dream come true. Also like Greninja, I don't let myself dream this dream because there are so many characters from Kid Icarus Uprising that could beat him to the punch, if there's even a third Kid Icarus character after Palutena (yes, I think it's safe to say Palutena is in the game). I mean, my choice would be Hades (after Palutena), but I could see Medusa giving him some competition. Maybe even Magnus...

On the note of Kid Icarus, let's talk about Palutena for a moment. Where does everyone stand on these images now?

With that Pseudo-Palutena bait-and-switch and the second Sal Romano leak in mind, I'm going all in.

KHlover

Banned

oHXoKhw.jpg

#teamreal

Neiteio

With that Pseudo-Palutena bait-and-switch and the second Sal Romano leak in mind, I'm going all in.
There's also Palutena's Temple, and the fact Pit's Final Smash was changed. I have no doubt Palutena is playable. I'm just curious what you guys think about the above shots being actual screens of her.

Looking at the screens again, I notice a dark shadow in the area of her hoo-hah. I think this is more proof -- while you can see a lot of leg due to the way her dress is cut, chances are if you pause and try to look at her panties, it'll simply be a black void like with Rosalina, etc.

ffdgh

oHXoKhw.jpg

Still team neutral. Either it's real or a very very good fake with great attention to detail.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's a nice thought, but not particularly likely this time around.

That's fair. Just wanted to see where Smash-GAF stood, since I hadn't heard any talk of him in a while. I figured three characters wouldn't have been too unrealistic from a new, popular game that Sakurai himself created, especially being a sequel to a classic Nintendo game. I can only imagine he'll at least be a trophy if there's a Pseudo-Palutena one. Damn... he's just such a good character.

Majukun

IC1J9JD.png

i think ike,mewtwo,wolf ,chorus man and mii will not make the cut

the others seem resonable

oHXoKhw.jpg

I don't know if the shots are real, but after the Direct I definitely think she is playable.

Linkhero1

Where did these pics originate from? I doubt they're real otherwise we'd have gotten more screens than just the fan-favorite everyone (almost everyone) wants in.

So has everyone just completely abandoned any thought of Hades being in Smash 4?

Wait, did anyone really think he would be?...

*EDIT*

Oh, you probably mean from Kid Icarus, right? I saw a joke roster with the Hades from the Hercules cartoon on it and thought that's what you were referring to. Never mind...

Axass

#teamreal: hasn't been disproved since and Sakurai teased us, it has to be real.

lol at using Occam's Razor, "Pokemon from X/Y" is about as generic as you can get

You guys are assuming that predicting a pokemon from the latest gen is somehow a far fetched idea.

Guys, Occam's Razor doesn't work that way.

It actually means one shouldn't overcomplicate an argument that has an easy solution. The easy solution here is the leak being true, because nothing proves otherwise.

Guys, Occam's Razor doesn't work that way.

It actually means one shouldn't overcomplicate an argument that has an easy solution. The easy solution here is the leak being true, because nothing proves otherwise.

bullshit, leaks are false until proven true
and let me guess, you guys aren't on #TeamReal, so you're hypocrites anyway

Regiruler

I actually want Hades in more than Palutena, he can have fixed move sets from Brawl Ganondorf, and WW Ganondorf will be another new character.

Agreed, although I think he should have some sort of resource system that increases the more damage he does, which could be equated to the more souls he's stolen.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait, did anyone really think he would be?...

*EDIT*

Oh, you probably mean from Kid Icarus, right? I saw a joke roster with the Hades from the Hercules cartoon on it and thought that's what you were referring to. Never mind...

Hah, yeah from Kid Icarus. But now I kind of want a classic Disney fighting game.

Well there's the more generic "Pokemon" or even just "Character."

I mean

If we want to fight over the definitions of words

But a new character from the new entry in the Pokemon series was almost literally the safest possible guess for the "leak" in question - and it was the only one that came true... that's why people have trouble taking that as evidence in its favor. That's understandable, yeah?

KHlover

Banned
Hah, yeah from Kid Icarus. But now I kind of want a classic Disney fighting game.

IIRC Dissidia should have been that (Kingdom Hearts fighting game with additional Disney characters), but Disney didn't want that so Square used Final Fantasy characters instead.

EDIT: "Dissidia Final Fantasy was originally envisioned by producer Tetsuya Nomura as a Kingdom Hearts spin-off featuring a cast of Disney characters while the Square Enix staff were developing Kingdom Hearts II.[16] Nomura later felt uncomfortable with the Disney characters fighting each other and instead opted to use Final Fantasy characters"

- From Siliconera

Top Bottom