• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All believe me or not Nintendo planing to release Super Smash 4 on Wii U & 3ds on same time but they are making test for the fans to see what is the result if they make it early in E3 :p
So they just told us a bunch of false dates as a test? Right...

The game has a few different menus. All equally horrible.
qtVcjYC.png

I really don't feel like it would have been that difficult to make these disparate artstyles meld well together.

Or you know what, maybe it would have. Maybe it would have been really hard, but it seems like they didn't even try.

Riki

They cut Dart, Abe (Oddworld) and Kat's stage. :( They were supposedly to be last dlc for PASBR right?

The fact that these were last minute additions, while Fat Princess and "evil Cole" made the cut still infuriates me. The roster could have been infinitely better, but it was just one fuck up after another.

I really don't feel like it would have been that difficult to make these disparate artstyles meld well together.

Or you know what, maybe it would have. Maybe it would have been really hard, but it seems like they didn't even try.

It was obvious that Sony didn't even let them try. They basically shit canned the entire production from the beginning. Something that was suppose to be a premier title and they just completely sabotaged it.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Characters with a 0.0000001% chance of being cut

Wario
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Mr G&W
Ness
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf
Rob

I don't think you know how percentages work.

ToysRUs has KI:U on clearance?

Yes. They have a nationwide green tag clearance on select games and Kid Icarus Uprising is one of them. It's 60% off the original price now, so it's about $16.

CAG thread: Link

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

The fact that these were last minute additions, while Fat Princess and "evil Cole" made the cut still infuriates me. The roster could have been infinitely better, but it was just one fuck up after another.

From what I heard is that Playstation All Stars' development were mess, and Sony overstepped over their toes and changed some plans made the situation even worse. Also they rushed the development which is a huge mistake in first place because I can really see it being fantastic game to push Playstation 4.

Daouzin

To be fair, nothing could have saved the mess of a game that was.

Riki

From what I heard is that Playstation All Stars' development were mess, and Sony overstepped over their toes and changed some plans made the situation even worse. Also they rushed the development which is a huge mistake in first place because I can really see it being fantastic game to push Playstation 4.

It could have been an amazing franchise, but it's obvious Sony doesn't care about that kind of stuff unless it has shooting in it.

NotLiquid

I recall it being played up that they wanted the characters to look exactly like they do in their respective games that they hail from, which feels like something of a rookie mistake to do. Even Smash takes liberties with most of the characters it throws in (characters from the Mario universe are given a lot more details and less rounded posture while more human characters in Smash 4 like Marth and ZSS are receiving more stylized treatments).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PlayStation All Stars would have been much better if it was, like Brawl, faster. I honestly wanted to like it, but alas...

Anyway, gots me a question. So far, what's the best looking Final Destination stage between Melee, Brawl, and SSB4?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I recall it being played up that they wanted the characters to look exactly like they do in their respective games that they hail from, which feels like something of a rookie mistake to do. Even Smash takes liberties with most of the characters it throws in (characters from the Mario universe are given a lot more details and less rounded posture while more human characters in Smash 4 like Marth and ZSS are receiving more stylized treatments).

I'm very curious about superbot's next project and see where they would go with their talent. I think they could have potential if Sony didn't interfere too much. I could be wrong tho.

Riki

PlayStation All Stars would have been much better if it was, like Brawl, faster. I honestly wanted to like it, but alas...

Anyway, gots me a question. So far, what's the best looking Final Destination stage between Melee, Brawl, and SSB4?

I need to see SSB4's in action, but so far it definitely looks the best. Melee's got kind of boring, and while Brawl's had some nice scenery it was a bit too busy.

On pure visuals SSB4's absolutely squashes the previous two, no questions asked.

That said, it looks like it has Brawl's dumb edges, so Melee's might still win.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm still waiting for 3DS version before I jumped into conclusion but I think Super Smash Bros for Wii U's Final Destination's visual seem to be amazing but I would like to see full loop before I make any decision tho.

ffdgh

Melee is classic(lol old) and it's underside likely won't kill you.
Brawl's has a great background and music but...the ledge lips knocks it down a few.
Smash 4 wii u looks awesome....that's all for now.

Sponge

Banned
And Dart.
Fucking Sony cuting fucking Dart.
They already had the character already done!
2505304-dart_pose2.jpg

Nintendo. Buy Legend of Dragoon and give it to Camelot.

Forget Dart.

We lost Abe from Oddworld. That's a character who truly would have gotten me hyped for All-Stars.

Also, I'd rather Nintendo buy PaRappa and Medievil. Those franchises would be the few that Sony owns that would fit in with Nintendo's franchises.

Riki

What exactly is so bad with PSABR? I have considered to try it out.

Nothing about it is great. The characters are broken and the battle comes down to just a beat down until you get a Super which is an instant KO. There is no strategy involved at all.
Add to that the poor selection of fighters, stages and overall design and it's just a badly designed game.

Sponge

Banned
What exactly is so bad with PSABR? I have considered to try it out.

It was made by a mediocre team and there was no way they could compete with the direction Sakurai takes with Smash Brothers. Sony needed to go big or go home, and they delivered a half baked game that was mediocre at best. The stage combinations didn't mess well at all, and neither did the characters.

All+Stars+mix+03.jpg

Infact, the character selection was really poor. PaRappa and Sir Dan were good, but Donte, Big Daddy and Raiden? They needed to get better third party characters.

What's with the low expectations for the roster size?

45 characters? That's only 6 more than Brawl! Assuming Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone that gives us two more newcomers, or a hell of a lot of cuts.

52 characters or bust.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
What's with the low expectations for the roster size?

45 characters? That's only 6 more than Brawl! Assuming Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone that gives us two more newcomers, or a hell of a lot of cuts.

52 characters or bust.

Some people want their Smash Bros. to be competitively balanced. Quality vs. quantity, etc.

Sponge

Banned
Thank Mario Kart Wii for that.

I brought up Funky sometime last year and everyone got defensive over it. Not even about the idea of him being in Smash, but his design. I can barely even talk about K. Rool here in SmashGAF.

No love for Rare's creations since the company went to shit :/

I brought up Funky sometime last year and everyone got defensive over it. Not even about the idea of him being in Smash, but his design. I can barely even talk about K. Rool here in SmashGAF.

Oh that's not true. There's eternal love in here for the bear and breegull =)

This seemed to be a theme last gen.
Blur tried to overtake Mario Kart.
PSA tried to take on Smash.
Move tried to crush the WiiMote.

Well, from a business perspective, if your competition is racking in bags of money on something you can theoretically do, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a go at it. Wasn't Haze also marketed as a Halo-killer? That turned out well =/

Yagami_Sama

...why Cranky, exactly?

I don't have particular reason. I particularly don't like Didy Kong there and Dixie might ended up similar to him.And hence Cranky appeared in the last DK game, and was quite a surprise, if I would bet I bet on him.
Or Lanky Kong ...

K. Rool gets asked for really often, at least in comparison to many other characters. It's just that his chances are incredibly low due to the fact he simply has no relevance to the series anymore, and that there's several other characters out of the DK series that should be included before him. Has nothing to do with "no love for Rare's creations". Personally I love the Kremlings (at least some of the enemies, though not K. Rool himself cause I don't like his design), I'm happy to see them return in Smash Run, and would've loved to see them return as NPCs in DKCTF.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013

I think SSB4's final destination looks way to flashy and distracting, even if it is by far the most visually stunning.

My favorite is Brawl's because it feels epic and grandiose while not being too distracting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is the Ocarina of Time Medley the one from Brawl?

Saria's Song, noice.
Guessing that's why the arrangement label is a different colour. Red = new grey = old.
Don't know what I feel about bringing back old arrangements. Already wasn't a fan of just putting in non arranged tracks.

LBP_Karting_Cover.jpg

Sony tried taking on Mario Kart, too. That didn't work out either.

Sega, on the other hand, succeeded at making a worthy competitor:

Sonic_%26_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed_box_artwork.png

Guessing that's why the arrangement label is a different colour. Red = new grey = old.
Don't know what I feel about bringing back old arrangements. Already wasn't a fan of just putting in non arranged tracks.

As long as there are a good number of new arrangements, I'm all for it. If the arrangements (or originals) are good, I'm satisfied. And Melee and Brawl were packed full of great arrangements, so I'd love to see them come back.

Sponge

Banned
K. Rool gets asked for really often, at least in comparison to many other characters. It's just that his chances are incredibly low due to the fact he simply has no relevance to the series anymore, and that there's several other characters out of the DK series that should be included before him. Has nothing to do with "no love for Rare's creations". Personally I love the Kremlings (at least some of the enemies, though not K. Rool himself cause I don't like his design), I'm happy to see them return in Smash Run, and would've loved to see them return as NPCs in DKCTF.

Oh I agree. I'm seriously thinking K. Rool is gonna show up as a boss just a trophy, I guess it just bugs me that Nintendo/Retro won't even acknowledge him. If there wasn't any vocal support for him from the fans, I wouldn't even expect him in the game period.

Oh I agree. I'm seriously thinking K. Rool is gonna show up as a boss just a trophy, I guess it just bugs me that Nintendo/Retro won't even acknowledge him. If there wasn't any vocal support for him from the fans, I wouldn't even expect him in the game period.

Nintendo are acknowledging him, he and some Kremlings appeared in Mario Sports games, and we're going to see Kremlings in Smash Run. I think that's pretty decent recognition, even though they're not in the DKC games anymore.

Top Bottom