• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

UQPb2DU.png

lol

He sounds quite believable.

random25

I suppose they need to pay Ubisoft in order to include one of their characters...? Are they seriously going to pay just for a trophy?

I have no idea what to think.

It's most likely a result of Rayman Legends exclusivity for Wii U that never happened. I doubt Nintendo paid for this because it's not even an assist trophy or anything that does something in the game.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Ehh

Too much third crashing the first party. I hope Pac-Man is the last playable third party character.

Ehh

Too much third crashing the first party. I hope Pac-Man is the last playable third party character.
My feelings too.

As cool as Pac-Man is, (and he's really impressed me), I truly want him to be the last. (I'd be okay with Snake coming back since he's already been included.)

I feel like Nintendo has soooooooooooooo many awesome characters and IPs they could tap into still, I don't want Smash to be completely overrun by 3rd party characters.

jph139

Ha ha what the fuck.

I love random trophies, though, and Rayman is a pretty major character, so I'm cool with this. Wonder if he's a one-off thing or there'll be other 3rd party trophies. Or maybe he's even an Assist. Though I'm not sure why he wouldn't show that part off...

Durden77

Oh man, I really think this looks good for Snake. If Sakurai can get Rayman just for a trophy, I don't see why he couldn't get Snake to return.

YES! I can't believe I got some sort of bone here finally!!

L00P

Does anyone else suddenly want Rayman in as a playable character? Sakurai has control over my emotions and now I'm scared.
After playing Rayman Origins and Legends, I kinda did as well. His range of abilities makes him a suitable character in a game like smash. I never thought he would make it in, though.

And having his trophy in here is just so weird. I guess this opens the floodgates for third-party trophies. Now I want Phoenix Wright

Mr. Fix

Oh man, I really think this looks good for Snake. If Sakurai can get Rayman just for a trophy, I don't see why he couldn't get Snake to return.

YES! I can't believe I got some sort of bone here finally!!

Durden, stop. We're going to crash if we get on that hype train.

The only logical thing that comes to mind is that they screwed up and showed the trophy too early. The fact that the caption doesn't actually state that he's playable is just lucky I guess. But dropping something like this doesn't make any kind of sense. An entire new model just to be a trophy? No, he's playable. The only thing we don't know is when he's going to be revealed, maybe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom