• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Fiktion

Banned
The list is getting really fucking long, so I would ask that anyone who seriously wants to be added use the hashtag so I can spot your posts easier. If I've added anyone to the wrong team let me know.

Also, you are allowed to switch, but your name will have an asterisk to denote your treacherous ways.

#TeamReal (61)
Fiktion
SuperSah
-Horizon-
Clov
Not
Jagsrock
RealDeadOne
SkullHydra
Baron von Loathsome
Tyeforce
Moonlight
Gleethor
BigEvilTurtle
Javier
Sorastitch
Riki
Fidelis Hodie
qq more
PK Gaming
Axass
Neoriceisgood
RomanceDawn
exfatal
GreatCharleston
anaron
KHlover
The Solid Snake
nullset2
Neoxon
TheLegendOfCap
Jaruru
Poltergust
Vampirolol
FireVoa
rawktapus
Mauricio_Magus
Heyt
akidnamededdy
DisconnectD
FlynnCL
PopeReal
_underfooter
rekameohs
Insaniac
GAMERG0D
euphemism
TrueBlue
Valjean Lafitte
Regiruler
J-Tier
Kokonoe
Dimitri LH
Masked Man
w00tkins
PaulExcellent
Mihael Mello Keehl
NaotaFakuza
Dice
SpacePirate Ridley
oreomunsta
Red Arremer

#TeamFake (31)
BGBW
Pop-O-Matic
EndlessSky
Kurtofan
Anth0ny
Hyperactivity
SmithnCo
emb
Chico Terry
Anura
Mushroomer25
J@hranimo
jph139
PaperFlame
Hasardeur
Wichu
Camjo-Z
Loco4Coco
BY2K
ec0ec0
Whiskeymatt
OrangeGrayBlue
Anteo
Het_Nkik
MAtgS
Codeblue
PorygonVandal
Griss
Platy
Akibastman
Ricky 7

DaBoss

Palutena.png

Oh jeez, you're right.T_T I guess those pics might be real.
Uhh what? That's from Brawl's CG cutscene in SSE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COz58zHuErc#t=15

Dragoshi1

Actually, the Mario is the main reason why I'm not throwing my hat into any ring. The colors look really off, and the outline's thickness is a bit more inconsistent than what we've seen from anything else. It almost looks like someone took a pose from a Wii U screenshot and altered it to fit in better.
Didn't Sakurai say the outline thickness could be adjusted or even removed?

DaBoss

Here's a comparison posted earlier. Left is the supposed leak, and right is the Uprising idol.
OgtcaHi.png

The left pic has a softer face that looks weird.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Y'all this is making me want to buy KI Uprising. I think I'll do that tomorrow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seriously, look how lifeless she looks in the leaked screenshot in comparison to her Uprising pose. This game has shown expressive animated characters so I'd have to believe this is a really really early model of Palutena to look this drab. Otherwise I'm going to be disappointed if it turns out to be real.

qq more

Uprising is great but I felt it had issues tbh... But I still recommend it because it's still very fun in the end. Multiplayer was really cool too

SuperSah

Banned
sharp knees nose, 0/10 would not bang

don't ban me pls, I had to get that joke in

8.75/10

Seriously, look how lifeless she looks in the leaked screenshot in comparison to her Uprising pose. This game has shown expressive animated characters so I'd have to believe this is a really really early model of Palutena to look this drab. Otherwise I'm going to be disappointed if it turns out to be real.

She's idle. What expression would an ideal person have?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly I'd say she'd have to be playable. I don't see any purpose in making her an assist. They might as well just keep her as part of Pit's FS if they were going to do something so minor with her.

She's idle. What expression would an ideal person have?
Have you seen Mario's idle pose? He's bobbing up and down, adjusting his hat and weaving from side to side. Palutena on the other hand looks like she is just lifting her arm. That's what I mean by being expressive. It's not just her face, it's her whole body.

Neiteio

Nah, she usually looks serene in her 3D appearances:

img_music01.jpg

This being her idle pose and all, I'm not surprised she looks calm.

Dice

Do it. One of the best 3DS games.
But pay $5 more for cartridge (which I like), or fill half my measly SD card... hmmmm... judging by my enjoyment of Pokemon Super Training, I shouldn't need the stand...

Neiteio

Whatever those screens are, I really really REALLY like this model of Palutena. Like, I want to pause the game right now and zoom in and rotate the camera and take countless Miiverse captures. I've always been a big fan of her character design, and this is a perfect blend of her past designs.

DaBoss

I think it's unfair to compare the two games. (if that's what you're saying) They have two different art styles. and uprising was PRETTY rough around the edges.
You're comparing a model that is shown during gameplay from Uprising. I'm showing a model in the "model viewer" in Uprising.

I also have to wonder why you chose the worst pic to even compare Uprising to SSB4:
KIXOezj.jpg

The only noticeable difference is the bigger eyes.

I'm saying the face looks weird, and the models outside of that are pretty much the similar except for the fact that the rings on her bracket aren't glowing.

And my point isn't trying to prove whether it is fake or real, my point is it looks worse compared to her Uprising model.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nah, she usually looks serene in her 3D appearances:

http://chibipit.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/img_music01.jpg

This being her idle pose and all, I'm not surprised she looks calm.
That's fine for the Mario shot. I'm just disputing the solo one where she is sporting a similar holding the staff out pose, but it is so pedestrian in comparison. She's not even moving her shield! Like I said, if this really is her model I'd be disappointed and see it as a downgrade.

Platy

You have to understand that the basic idea of this fake is that someone must be crazy enoght to make a COMPLETLY NEW MODEL ON 3DS QUALITY to create it.

In the SMASH FANDOM, who would be CRAZY ENOGHT to go on such a ridiculous lenght to make a fake screenshot ?

This person totaly made in the weekend =P

Neiteio

That's fine for the Mario shot. I'm just disputing the solo one where she is sporting a similar holding the staff out pose, but it is so pedestrian in comparison. She's not even moving her shield!
I honestly think that's just another idle animation. Her idle animation probably has her standing relatively still, smiling in her usual serene way, and then occasionally she brandishes her staff and kind of waves it around. I think one of the swordsman characters (Link or Marth?) does something similar with their swords every now and then.

On another note, how did Prodigy get banned this time? It seems like I see people getting banned all the time on GAF for reasons I don't understand, because I missed the post in one mega-thread or another explaining a new rule.

You're comparing a model that is shown during gameplay from Uprising. I'm showing a model in the "model viewer" in Uprising.

I also have to wonder why you chose the worst pic to even compare Uprising to SSB4:

The only noticeable difference is the bigger eyes.

I'm saying the face looks weird, and the models outside of that are pretty much the similar except for the fact that the rings on her bracket aren't glowing.

And my point isn't trying to prove whether it is fake or real, my point is it looks worse compared to her Uprising model.

yeaaah, I chose a terrible picture. haha It was probably from beta or something.

I'm not sure, I think the fact that she has a "different" look to her face, bigger eyes, are reasons to lend to it's credibility.

Wouldn't it make sense, that a design decision was made to have her eyes bigger so players could make them out from farther away on a small screen?

Besides, I think the SSB4 "leak" 3DS Palutena looks fine, if this is real, it's the Wii U one to look out for.

Took some screens to prove it's not the Brawl modded Palutena of the trophy model.

The thing about the Brawl model is that her crown is really big and wide. For the "leaker" to get more detail out of that hair, and smooth the model a ton, is crazy.

Dice

Her shield is more round, as well. Too many changes of model from both Brawl and KI:U... feeling the push to #teamreal...

GAMERG0D

Ugh... I just beat 15 minute melee.
I've played this game since 2005 and I've never unlocked all the stages...I finally did it.

Neiteio

I'll throw out a rudimentary moveset for Palutena.

Her normal moves would comprise staff-fighting and shield-bashing.

Her movement would see her gliding around, Mewtwo-style, as per the
Palutena boss battle
in Uprising.

For holding items, she could magically manipulate them so they levitate in front of her, also Mewtwo-style. This frees up her hands, which are occupied with the shield and staff (although the shield hand would still be free for ledge-grabbing).

Her grappling would also magically manipulate enemies, levitating them in the air, bouncing them, flinging them, etc.

For her specials, her standard B would fire an energy projectile from the tip of her staff -- perhaps several in a row if charged, or spreading out in an arc.

Her forward B could have her dash forward, Fox Illusion-style, on a grind rail -- she was the one who made the grind rails for Pit in Uprising, after all. She could quickly cover a horizontal distance and steamroll foes this way.

Her down B could conjure up a centurion. There are lots of ways they could incorporate centurions -- having them function like King Dedede's Waddle Dees would seem simplest.

Alternatively, her down B could have her hold up her shield, functioning similar to Pit's old shield from Brawl (which has now been modified into the Guardian Orbitars for SSB4).

Her up B would be a "glide mode," where she temporarily can float freely around the screen, a limited distance in any direction before drifting back down to terra firma.

Her Final Smash could have her go into full-blown goddess mode, filling the background of the stage in giant semi-transparent fashion, and raining down destruction with the Palutena Glam Cannon.

Ryce

I'll throw out a rudimentary moveset for Palutena.

Her normal moves would comprise staff-fighting and shield-bashing.

Her movement would see her gliding around, Mewtwo-style, as per the Palutena boss battle in Uprising.

For holding items, she could magically manipulate them so they levitate in front of her, also Mewtwo-style. This frees up her hands, which are occupied with the shield and staff (although the shield hand would still be free for ledge-grabbing).

Her grappling would also magically manipulate enemies, levitating them in the air, bouncing them, flinging them, etc.

For her specials, her standard B would fire an energy projectile from the tip of her staff -- perhaps several in a row if charged, or spreading out in an arc.

Her forward B could have her dash forward, Fox Illusion-style, on a grind rail -- she was the one who made the grind rails for Pit in Uprising, after all. She could quickly cover a horizontal distance and steamroll foes this way.

Her down B could conjure up a centurion. There are lots of ways they could incorporate centurions -- having them function like King Dedede's Waddle Dees would seem simplest.

Her up B would be a "glide mode," where she temporarily can float freely around the screen, a limited distance in any direction before drifting back down to terra firma.

Her Final Smash could have her go into full-blown goddess mode, filling the background of the stage in giant semi-transparent fashion, and reigning down destruction with the Palutena Glam Cannon.
That's about what I'm expecting. I really can't wait to see her trailer.

Ugh... I just beat 15 minute melee.
I've played this game since 2005 and I've never unlocked all the stages...I finally did it.

I remember that rumor that you could unlock Sonic and Tails if you beat 20 wire frames on Cruel Melee. Spent hours getting my ass handed to me by them.
To this day the closest I've ever gotten is 18 with Roy.

Top Bottom