• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. : Wii U release date to be revealed during Friday's Treehouse Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

I'm very curious about what content will actually be in the Wii U version.
The 3DS version does seem to have a lot of single player foucsed content, would be a real shame if the Wii U version does not have this and comes out as a more bare bones version.
They haven't really shown anything substantial about the Wii U versions content as far as I know, kinda odd.

In a recent update, Sakurai did say that the 3DS' Challenges were more on the easy side, and the Wii U's version will be more difficult. That's as far as he's gone on that regard though. More trophies in the Wii U version is a given, though.

Kinsei

Banned
The 3DS ver. does seem to have a lot of single player focused content, would be a real shame if the Wii U ver. does not have this and comes out as a more bare bones version.
They haven't really shown anything substantial about the Wii U versions content as far as I know, kinda odd.

I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of the Wii U version very soon. They want people to buy the 3DS version before they start talking about Wii U exclusive content.

Stulaw

The 3DS ver. does seem to have a lot of single player focused content, would be a real shame if the Wii U ver. does not have this and comes out as a more bare bones version.

That's probably because they'll have a month or so to show off Wii U stuff after the 3DS version is out.

killercow

Update: A representative from Nintendo has reached out to let us know that the report is false and the release date will not be revealed on Friday.

The release date for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. will not be unveiled on Friday during the stream, but more information about the game will be showcased.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

snow_wreck.gif

They will push for Holiday release to sell consoles and round out what has been quite a turnaround year (At least in perspective) for the Wii U.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Mario Kart is a more popular series sales wise and they had a bundle along with a free game offer for Mario Kart 8.

This isn't just about Smash Wii U, they also have Amiibos to think about.

Smash Wii U will have to have something for a sales promotion and I think it should at least be a bundle that inlcudes a Wii U.

Smash's sales ecosystem is long already established through the amiibo initiative and Club Nintendo promotion.

Furthermore, the intent and purpose of the Mario Kart 8 promotion (offering a free game) was to increase the value proposition, change the negative perception associated with the Wii U platform and boost Wii U sales in retail channels - Nintendo succeeded on that front.

Again Smash Wii U bundle at 299.99$ is suicide - no profit margin

Super Smash Wii U - 59.99$ = high profit margin

stephentotilo

Behind The Games
A Nintendo rep also contacted me saying they only promised general Smash info at the conference. My source had initially mentioned that a date would be revealed but has since clarified that Nintendo teased that all of our questions about Smash would be answered, leading to his speculation about the date. I apologize for the error. Sorry, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom