• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Kletian said:
Sonic Boom?! Sonic Motherfuckin Boom?! *Faints*
Youtube is blocked at work though, does it have vocals? Please tell me it has vocals!

This, Star Wolf 64 Theme, the inclusion of Star Wolf himself with enough differences to make him a unique fighter.....

SONIC BOOM!

Oh yes, it has vocals.

Firestorm

OMG I SAW TAILSSSSSS

Although I'm not that huge a fan of Sonic Boom and am very disappointed that Green Hill Zone has walk off edges =/

Fireblend

Banned
Firestorm said:
Jigglypuff has the best final smash hands down!
People who say Mario Galaxy has a better OST are wrong.
Falco lost his bicycle kick? :( but that move was so bad!
BlimBlim uploaded a higher quality version of the intro: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5868_en.html
Downloaded this a while ago, we definitely gotta see more videos with this quality. Amazing, really shows off the stunning visuals of the game.

Dreavus

Dang, that movie with jiggly's FS confirms that ganondorf is a clone. =(

I know it was pretty clear from the start, but I was holding out hope that they'd have changed his B-moves... but no, his up-B functions exactly the same despite looking different, and I saw him do a warlock punch.

Dreavus said:

I know it was pretty clear from the start, but I was holding out hope that they'd have changed his B-moves... but no, his up-B functions exactly the same despite looking different, and I saw him do a warlock punch.

Side-B is a grab, Up B has a punch at the end of the animation.

J_Sensei

Dreavus said:

Does he still count as a clone if he is a slightly modified version of what he was last game?

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
J_Sensei said:
Does he still count as a clone if he is a slightly modified version of what he was last game?
It depends on your definition of "clone" - he does have different attacks, more than he did before, but his moveset is still very heavily influenced by Captain Falcon.

NeonZ

J_Sensei said:

Even if he isn't a clone, he still isn't Ganondorf... : /

They really should have completely revamped him. Give his old playstyle to Black Shadow or something, but make Ganondorf actually play like himself...

J_Sensei said:

There's no such thing as an official "clone" because it's an entirely subjective term. The fact that people are still calling Wolf a clone proves that much.

But anyway, Ganon's definitely seen less changes than most of the rest of the "clones". To be fair, there's a good video floating around of Ganon in training mode and it looks like they refigured his special move animations to differentiate them a bit from Falcon's. The big punch looks totally different than the old cloned Falcon Punch, and even his down B kick has a new animation. And yeah, side B is similar but ends in a sort of grab.

J_Sensei

By the way, can someone make a list of characters with known/unknown final smashes. And if possible, links to pictures or videos of them?

LowParry

The Ridley fight looked damn cool with Samus and Pikachu. I also like Bowser's FS. Haha. Such a bad time to not own a Wii. And I'm planning on getting a new PC rig. Go fig.

Dreavus

Holy Order Sol said:
Side-B is a grab, Up B has a punch at the end of the animation.

Oh, side-B is a grab? Nice!

J_Sensei said:

I guess not... Just saying "clone" because his moves are still similar to the Captain's. I was one of those people who were holding out for a revamped ganondorf. :p

Insaniac

so i'll ask again, can anyone check, or does anyone know if we have SNES Starfox Corneria music in this game? Hopefully yes for ultimate win

Crushed

Fry Daddy
WastingPenguins said:
There's no such thing as an official "clone" because it's an entirely subjective term.
Except for in Melee, where clones were offcenter from the main grid, recessed more deeply if you tilted the menu, and sitting right next to the character from whom they're cloned.

Proven

J_Sensei said:
By the way, can someone make a list of characters with known/unknown final smashes. And if possible, links to pictures or videos of them?

This is what the summary thread should be for!

I'm too much of a lazy fuck to do this myself, but still, the only Final Smash that we don't have on video of some sort is Wolf's I believe, and Ness, but we already know what they are and do.

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
Am I the only one that not only likes Ganondor's moveset, but also think it serves him well?
I like it too. He doesn't have the Triforce of Power for nothing; Ganondorf needs no sword to be lethal!

Insaniac

Keru_Shiri said:
Am I the only one that not only likes Ganondor's moveset, but also think it serves him well?

i have no problem with it, but I really would've preferred his moveset with a combination of manly sword strikes like from Zelda TP (complete with that white sword)

NeonZ

Keru_Shiri said:

It works visually(besides the new running animation), but it's nothing like what he does in the Zelda games, so I don't see how it "serves him well".

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Melee clones were very obviously just remodeled versions of the original with new stats, and a new attack or two if they were lucky(i.e. Ganondorf). The only Melee-style clone in Brawl is Toon Link, and even he has more differences than Young Link did. I kind of wish people would stop using that word now, but now when they say it they're talking about characters with movesets that are based in part on another existing character, like Luigi.

Proven

NeonZ said:
It works visually(besides the new running animation), but it's nothing like what he does in the Zelda games, so I don't see how it "serves him well".

I could say the same about Zelda, to a degree.

And I said Zelda, not Shiek or Zelda/Shiek, Zelda.

NeonZ said:
The same could be said for a quite a few of the other characters though. In fact, I think if Ganondorf ever did have to engage in a bout of fisticuffs, that is exactley how he'd look.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
J_Sensei said:
So we have video confirmation of Toon Link's FS? And R.O.B.'s?
R.O.B.'s, yes. It makes a bunch of laser crap start coming out of his face as he fights. Sort of like Super Spicy Curry, but presumably better.

J_Sensei

I dunno. I kind of agree that Ganondorf's portrayal in Smash is kind of off. I always imagined him riding into battle on a Landmaster, myself.

ckohler said:
Some things I noticed. The zone checkpoints pop up out of the ground from time to time. Hitting it causes them to spin (like in the original game). While spinning, they cause damage if you touch them. Part of this stage collapses around 1:45.

Also, at 0:22 you can see Tails running through the loop and at 1:26 you see Knuckles do the same. :)

This worries me as I thought they were cert to be assits, but surely can't show up in-stage and as an assist all at once.

Even more worrying is the fact that Shadow is a confirmed assist. Please let that tails assist where he carries you back to safety when you get knocked away be true..

Tritroid

Man, there's so much in this game that just screams epicness. Ridley railing Samus' face against a mother f-ing wall, Marth vs. Meta Knight sword fight, Great Fox vs. the Halberd?

My god! @_@

J_Sensei

APZonerunner said:
This worries me as I thought they were cert to be assits, but surely can't show up in-stage and as an assist all at once.

Even more worrying is the fact that Shadow is a confirmed assist. Please let that tails assist where he carries you back to safety when you get knocked away be true..

Tails as an AT would be so very nice. But I think it'd be hard to pull off. Unless he had a timer. Otherwise, he could be out a VERY long time.

webrunner

J_Sensei said:
So we have video confirmation of Toon Link's FS? And R.O.B.'s?

Haven't seen toon links.. ROB's was posted to Klodd's youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/Klodd

I think we have everyone but Toon Link...

1. Mario - Mario Finale huge fireball
2. Link - Triforce Slash - Hits one target with a combo with a finishing attack, other people can be caught up in the attack, but they get knocked away earlier (I saw this in a video, someone jumped into it and got knocked away)
3. Kirby - Cook - Everyone is sucked into a pot (there is a way to avoid it) and is shot out along with items
4. Pikachu - Volt Tackle - energy ball flying around, controllable
5. Fox - Landmaster!!!
6. Samus - beam shot - huge energy beam that removes her suit
6a. Zamus - Crystal flash - gives her suit back and does slight damage
7. Zelda/Sheik - Light Arrows - Horizontal beam. Different knockback direction depending on which form
8. Bowser - Giga Bowser - transforms into Giga Bowser
9. Donkey Kong - Bongos - damage in small area that grows if you time it right
10. Yoshi - Super Dragon - flies and shoots fireballs, controllable - from SMW
11. Peach - puts everyone to sleep and makes peaches fall
12. Ice Climbers - Glacier - huge ice glacier appears, only Ice Climbers have good traction on it
13. Ness - Homing version of PK Starstorm (unknown name)
14. Jigglypuff - Grows to humongous size, and then hits everyone touching her
15. Ganondorf - Transforms into TP Boar Ganon and rushes from where he started off the screen, hitting everyone in the way
16. Mr Game & Watch - Transforms into an octopus that you can move around. Tentacles get longer as time goes on
17. Captain Falcon - Gets into the Blue Falcon and hits everyone in a horizontal line from where he was when he did it
18. Falco - LANDMASTER!!!!
19. Marth - Critical Hit - dashes horizontally, instant KO, can hit multiple targets if they're all together
20. Toon Link - ??????
21. Luigi - Dances and creates a slow-time bubble that also puts people to sleep. Luigi moves normally
22. Pit - Summons Palutena's Army
23. Wario - Wario Man
24. Ike - Great Aether - i've seen this Final Smash more than any others. Interestingly it takes the target to above the middle of the level regardless of where it is
25. Pokemon Trainer - Triple Finish
26. Diddy Kong - Goes crazy with the peanut gun and rocket pack
27. Meta Knight - Galaxia Darkness - Hits everyone close to him with a huge-knockback attack
28. Snake - Grenade Launcher
29. Lucas - PK Starstorm
30. Sonic - Super Sonic, works like Volt Tackle
31. King Dedede - Summons an army of waddle dees
32. Pikmin & Olimar - End of Day - Blasts off, leaving everyone else to be mauled by Bulborbs. When he lands, there's knockback
33. Lucario - KAMEHAMEHAAAAAA - well not really, goes above the level center and shoots out a beam that you can change the direction of
34. Wolf - LAAANNNNDDDDMAAASSSTTTEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!1111
35. R.O.B. - Shoots a.. wierd energy vortex out of it's face, can move around and change it's direction and such to catch people in it. I dub it LASERFACE, which would be a good name for a band.

NeonZ

Keru_Shiri said:
The same could be said for a quite a few of the other characters though. In fact, I think if Ganondorf ever did have to engage in a bout of fisticuffs, that is exactley how he'd look.

But he doesn't engage in "fisticuffs". He's been shown twice wielding swords and one other time magic, so pure fists just don't fit.

Look at Zelda, she's never been shown engaged in close range combat in the Zelda series, but Smash makes her fight mostly by using magic, rather than simples punches and kicks, and that actually works.

webrunner

NeonZ said:
But he doesn't engage in "fisticuffs". He's been shown twice wielding swords and one other time magic, so pure fists just don't fit.

Look at Zelda, she's never been shown engaged in close range combat in the Zelda series, but Smash actually makes her fight mostly by using magic, rather than simples punches and kicks, and that actually works.

Near the end of Wind Waker he beats the motherloving crap out of link with his bare hands. It was totally brutal

Innotech

Banned
can someone link me to videos of:

Young toon link gameplay (and Final smash if possible), Captain Falcon gameplay (and final smash), Olimar gameplay

This thread is just too big to find specific videos Im looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom