• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

The Subspace Emissary is average at best but for the type of game this is couldn't have been done much better and many of the cutscenes in it are very entertaining for any Nintendo fan.

HOWEVER..

I just got to the fight with Ridley. Epic goosebumps. So fucking awesome.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Good luck to anyone going to a tournament dealy tonight! Hope to hear some impressions tomorrow :)

Iam Canadian said:
Twenty characters for taunts, eh? Hmmm...this may take some truncating.

'Do it to it' fits perfect. As does "Jelly and jam time"

MisterHero said:
lookin forward to kicking all your butts at nintendo

cuz im better at nintendo than you are
I accept that challenge, even though you are probably right. Who are you planning to main, by the way? Sonic and Ike for me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MisterHero said:
lookin forward to kicking all your butts at nintendo

cuz im better at nintendo than you are

1203460694379.jpg

crowphoenix said:

I accept that challenge, even though you are probably right. Who are you planning to main, by the way? Sonic and Ike for me.

Btw, could Nintendo have come up with a less intuitive way of adding spaces to your messages? No... I think not. Small but pertinent gripe for the online interface.

MisterHero

crowphoenix said:
Mario and Ness, likely. I look forward to trying Pit out. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Firestorm said:
Add me on your 360!
xFirestorm is my gamertag

I just saw this.

Friend request sent. :)

crowphoenix said:

Crow, stop stealing taunts from the '90s Sonic cartoon shows. :/

crowphoenix said:
Who are you planning to main, by the way?

Oh, I think you know the answer to that by now. ;)

Neo Child

Banned
Theres an awesome girl at my work who is not only insanely pretty but totally loves Smash Bros Brawl as well as stuff like Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart etc. Whats also awesome is her boyfriend is a musician who basically links up Gameboys and NES's together and basically remixes tunes from Mario Land and NES games etc, his stage name is Sabrepulse and he's played at gigs in New York and everything. I've been to their flat a few times to play Smash Bros and everything (and play Pokémon cards :lol) - His albums are free to download here:
http://www.myspace.com/sabrepulse

Tiktaalik

That thread about Earthbound not being in the game shouldn't have been nixed so quickly. I would never have known if it wasn't for that, and now I have nowhere to vent.

WTF GIVES NINTENDO.

In what thread was this found out in? I want to see the reactions.

Iam Canadian

Tiktaalik said:
That thread about Earthbound not being in the game shouldn't have been nixed so quickly. I would never have known if it wasn't for that, and now I have nowhere to vent.

WTF GIVES NINTENDO.

In what thread was this found out in? I want to see the reactions.

This very thread, actually.

Here are my perhaps overly-vehement reactions. I was very angry when I made this post and so it's rather poorly written, but Nintendo's neglecting of Mother just ticks me off.

Iam Canadian said:
I just saw this.

Friend request sent. :)

Crow, stop stealing taunts from the '90s Sonic cartoon shows. :/

Oh, I think you know the answer to that by now. ;)

Nevar!

And, I do have a pretty good idea. Looking forward to seeing those two in action.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Twenty characters for taunts, eh? Hmmm...this may take some truncating.
It isn't just that, but also that there are only ten characters per line of the text box, and two lines. Trying to avoid a word that's partially on the first line and partially on the second makes things difficult.
Incidentally, it's at times like this where I really see how the Japanese language works out so much better at fitting a lot of information into a small amount of space. >_>

Iam Canadian

Well, "Don't go to heaven!" will definitely work.

I need to play through Earthbound again and find some good taunt-worthy quotes.

Artie

I don't think my Gamestop is giving away a free copy of the game. Instead, I saw some goofy looking trophy that reminded me of the first Mega Man boxart.

Oh well.

HURGHT

Artie said:
I don't think my Gamestop is giving away a free copy of the game. Instead, I saw some goofy looking trophy that reminded me of the first Mega Man boxart.

Oh well.
Yeah, i think we get a free copy and this generic high school wrestling tropy with like "SMASH BROS. WRECKING CHAMP" or something weird engraved on the base

If I win it i'll upload a picture. I have a feeling I might. I'm getting most of my friends to fill up slots in the tournament with me.

TJ Spyke

Artie said:

Oh well.

The store I was supposed to be competing at (weather problems ****ed up my ride) told me this too. Store winners are NOT getting a free copy of the game, just a trophy.

Masked Man

I said wow
Today Parma, Ohio--yes, a lowly suburb of Cleveland--got more snow than any other part of the surrounding area.

So whose GameStop closed early? Whose local stores will NOT be doing midnight releases? Who is the lucky fucker who has to wait until FUCKING 10 AM TOMORROW to buy Brawl, while everyone else gets to rejoice in a midnight release?

'Tis I. And woe is me. :(

Iam Canadian

HK-47 said:
Looks like the Caramelldansen meme got to Smash

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cToefy2-6uE&feature=related

That's the funniest version of that Caramelldansen thing I've seen since the one with Ana, Paula, and Kumatora.

Captain Falcon doing the Caramelldansen is almost as disturbing as the one with Giygas and Pokey.

Masked Man said:
So whose GameStop closed early? Whose local stores will NOT be doing midnight releases? Who is the lucky fucker who has to wait until FUCKING 10 AM TOMORROW to buy Brawl, while everyone else gets to rejoice in a midnight release?

Don't feel too bad, Masked Man, I'm in the exact same boat. :( Except my local EB doesn't open until eleven.

Jiggy

Masked Man said:
Today Parma, Ohio--yes, a lowly suburb of Cleveland--got more snow than any other part of the surrounding area.

I'm not getting Brawl until tomorrow, and I'm sick (which is why I'm not getting it). So there. >_>

Masked Man

I said wow
Iam Canadian said:
Don't feel too bad, Masked Man, I'm in the exact same boat. :( Except my local EB doesn't open until eleven.

Jiggy37 said:
I'm not getting Brawl until tomorrow, and I'm sick (which is why I'm not getting it). So there. >_>

Gah, I guess that makes me feel better, albeit in some sick and twisted way. It's nice to have someone(s) with whom I can commiserate. We'll exchange friend codes...tomorrow morning. =/ (It still pains me to say it.)

I guess I'll try calling around just to verify that none of the big box stores (Target, Wal-Mart *shudder*, etc.) are doing a midnight release just in case. Total desperation eff tee dubs.

Masked Man said:

Everybody in NE Ohio should have a shit load of snow because were so close to the damn lake! I live in Euclid and reserved my game at the GS in Mentor mall. They called me and told me the tourney and midnight launch is canceled because of the weather. :(

Masked Man

I said wow
sonicspear64 said:
Everybody in NE Ohio should have a shit load of snow because were so close to the damn lake! I live in Euclid and reserved my game at the GS in Mentor mall. They called me and told me the tourney and midnight launch is canceled because of the weather. :(

Wow...I had no idea it was actually bad for everyone else. Parma was specifically mentioned on the news, so I thought it was just us. Normally I don't hate Ohio. Today I do.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I live in Pennsylvania and the weather is starting to get bad here too. Never was going to a midnight launch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom