• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man I am actually physically bothered by the graphics comments in all of these reviews. Not just that the game looks like a GameCube game, but that it's indistinguishable from SSBM when the two are side by side? It's like mainstream reviewers lump any game that's on the Wii into the "graphics aren't impressive" category no matter WHAT they look like. Shit, I remember reviews that actually panned the graphics in Galaxy!

From day 1, SSBB has impressed phenomenally with its visuals, and I seriously don't know how to process these reviews. It's like a review for the color red, commenting on how they're disappointed in how blue it looks. I do not know how to mentally deal with the comment. Gibberish is gibberish, but these people believe it. Something has to be either broken in my eyes, or broken in their brains.

Davidion

Matrix said:
My copy that was shipped today using free overnight is showing this...

"Your package has experienced an exception."

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LOUISVILLE,KY, US 03/07/2008 11:35 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
SEATTLE,WA, US03/07/2008 7:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/07/2008 5:28 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 03/07/2008 11:08 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED"

oooooof, sounds like your package got caught in the UPS depot that's getting hit by the snowstorm right now. Godspeed

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Davidion said:
oooooof, sounds like your package got caught in the UPS depot that's getting hit by the snowstorm right now. Godspeed

Mother Nature is a bitch :(

Iam Canadian said:
I count myself fortunate that I missed KingsCrown's meltdown. >_>

Why it sounds like it was absolutely epic. Still, I missed it for a worthy cause, but a part of me would have liked to see it.

Teknoman

Firestorm said:
Oi. Play CoD4 for two hours to kill the wait and this happens.

The graphics thing is very confusing in all the reviews.

Zelda.jpg

How does this game look like Melee? Have they even played Melee in the last little while?

Email the Wii editors that picture, maybe they'll do a retraction?

AMUSIX

Firestorm said:
Screw GAF time. It goes up Japan time.
ha...so...monday?

As for the official thread...are there going to be two? Because, seriously Subspace Emissary could easily get its own. I'm currently 22% into it, with about 2:45 on the clock, and, judging by lengths of other major releases recently, a 10 hour playtime is about right for an action platformer. Not to mention I've come to hate certain enemies, work on trying every door, and have found my favorite worlds so far...all things that tell me I'm playing a full-fledged game and not just a side-mode as I had expected.
Oh...and I'm stuck right now...

My girlfriend bought me this game online for Christmas so now I have to wait until next weekend until I'll actually be able to sink my teeth in it. By that time, all you fuckers would have unlocked everything and mastered 4 characters.

Teknoman said:
Email the Wii editors that picture, maybe they'll do a retraction?

I doubt they'd go that far, but I'd love for this game to finally get more recognition for just how beautiful the textures are and how well they're utilized...such a massive, massive improvement over Melee, yet it seems that's rarely (ever?) mentioned in these reviews. That's a shame, because it's something that really deserves praise.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So the tools at EB told me that unless I preordered the game, I'm getting it on Monday or Tuesday. They can go fuck themselves, I'm gonna go to Best Buy extra early, this game is gonna be in my house on Sunday and EB loses a customer.

mattso

so who else has it and is around/wants to play?

I called gamestop and I can't cancel my preorder at this point so it looks like I'll just have to return it or see if I have any friends willing to buy it

man I was supposed to study this weekend

N2_

whats the rush in completing SSE, you'll be playing this game for 5+ years, until the next smash comes out...

Fenix

mattso said:
so who else has it and is around/wants to play?

I called gamestop and I can't cancel my preorder at this point so it looks like I'll just have to return it or see if I have any friends willing to buy it

man I was supposed to study this weekend

What the hell? You should always be able to cancel your preorder.

Costanza

Banned
GSG Flash said:
So the tools at EB told me that unless I preordered the game, I'm getting it on Monday or Tuesday. They can go fuck themselves, I'm gonna go to Best Buy extra early, this game is gonna be in my house on Sunday and EB loses a customer.
I'm goin' to a Walmart in a poor town at 11 PM that only 5 people lined up for Rock Band at. Figure I won't have too much longer of a wait there.

Anyone know how good the wireless Pelican Cube controllers are? I saw three in stock today and hid one so I could wait to find out how they are.

mattso

Fenix said:
What the hell? You should always be able to cancel your preorder.
they said since it was already packaged it was too late. I guess they really are trying to get them shipped by monday, but my impatient self had to have the game today when I found out there was a chance I could

I've only used the classic controller so far and I like it, barring a few edits I made

although I can see going back to the gc controller as I see fit

Jiggy

Hey, quick question: how many letters are you allowed to put in for the text messages in online games? I'm going to use a good chunk of tomorrow to figure out my taunts for all the characters I haven't figured them out for yet.

Fenix

mattso said:
they said since it was already packaged it was too late. I guess they really are trying to get them shipped by monday, but my impatient self had to have the game today when I found out there was a chance I could

I've only used the classic controller so far and I like it, barring a few edits I made

although I can see going back to the gc controller as I see fit

Oh, it's an online order... my bad.

Nester

Jiggy37 said:
Hey, quick question: how many letters are you allowed to put in for the text messages in online games? I'm going to use a good chunk of tomorrow to figure out my taunts for all the characters I haven't figured them out for yet.

Just checked - 20 letters for the taunts you can assign to up/down/left/right taunts and 20 letters for the one that shows up below your name when people see you in their friends list.

Economan

With firestorm's thread of the forever, how much longer do you think it will take for this thread to die?

Before or after March 23rd?

SpeedRazor said:
Just checked - 10 letters for the taunts you can assign to up/down/left/right taunts and 20 letters for the one that shows up below your name when people see you in their friends list.

Hmmm. That makes things hard.

Nester

Just jumped into a "With anyone" match online after checking the number of letters for taunts. I was too lazy to get up and grab a nunchuck or a GC controller so I tried out Wiimote only controls.

2uiybh1.jpg

The poor image quality is the result of me also being too lazy to get up and get closer to my TV to take a picture before the countdown went away. I almost missed the shot!

Nester

Jiggy37 said:
technique07_071113k.jpg

Looks like at least 20 to me... Unless they just downgraded on us. D:

Whoops, you're right. I just tried again and didn't notice before you can go down one more line. It's 20 for both taunts and the one liner below your name in the friends list. Edited the above response.

Matrix said:
My copy that was shipped today using free overnight is showing this...

"Your package has experienced an exception."

Tracking Number ** *** *** ** **** *** *
Type: Package
See description below
Shipped To: NEW YORK, NY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 3/07/2008
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 1.00 Lb

Damn weather,I hope I still get it Monday :(

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LOUISVILLE,KY, US 03/07/2008 11:35 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
SEATTLE,WA, US03/07/2008 7:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/07/2008 5:28 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 03/07/2008 11:08 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED"

Oooooh I dunno, I have the game coming overnight but the delivery is scheduled for monday and it seems to be moving along fine.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jiggy37 said:
There aren't different taunt messages per character... are there?

Jiggy

RevenantKioku said:
There aren't different taunt messages per character... are there?
No, but since I don't know who I'll be playing most often yet, I need to be prepared. If I end up liking too many characters, I guess I'll just make a bunch of profile names or something.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Companion Cube said:
Oooooh I dunno, I have the game coming overnight but the delivery is scheduled for monday and it seems to be moving along fine.

Where is your package right now? Your package was able to get out before the weather got worse most likely,if it's taking the same route as mine.

Mine was perfectly fine and scheduled for delivery on Monday and then that message popped up and looking at weather.com Louisville,KY is having a bad storm.

edited - wtf I just checked my package right now and it's changed to arrival scan and on time for Monday delivery :lol Guess the weather is better.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hot damn finished a long play session. All I can say is wow. Game is great. :D I have fallen in love with metaknight. Once u learn how to use his up B effectively as an attack you dominate in air battles with other characters and pretty much make people fear you. When i first started i thought he had the most useless up B ever because it is so awkward looking.:lol

I really think this game is amazing. There is really nothing else to say. In my mind this surpasses Melee by a lot. This game is worth much more than the 50 dollar price tag.

Yaweee

Exceptions or not, they didn't spring for Saturday Delivery, pretty much everyone is going to get it at their regular delivery time on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom