• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaweee

JSnake said:
Okay, how do I fix this delay? Seriously. I can't play because of it.

Are you using the a network cable or a the Wireless connection to connect to your router/hub/modem or whatever? That could make all the difference.

Uncle AJ

Ysiadmihi said:
I didn't think to check. The only time it may say is after a match when it shows everyone's stats...I'll let you know if I find out. They're pretty much free kills though.

post #13337

I lol'd

TJ Spyke

Blizzard said:
Returned with preorder from Gamestop. Lots of people in there tonight, after 8 p.m. (Atlanta location). The guy didn't know the tournament rules, so I guess I assume the worst and it'll be 1-minute timed or some such lameness. Even so, I really want to use Kirby...or MAYBE Dedede or Peach. Would any of those be feasible? I want someone super easy to pick up since I haven't played much since 64 (only melee occasionally).

Also, they only had like 20 spots signed up for the tournament.

My main fear is that I wouldn't be able to kill fast enough, though with items, I suppose it wouldn't matter. 10 p.m. tournament time, fairly standard I guess. I'll probably be in around 9:30.

The rules state you are supposed to be there at least 30 minutes before the tournament starts, so 9:30 is good.

Technically there are national rules, but many store managers (including the one i'm playing at) are changing them. The official tournament rules state matches are 1 on 1 in 1-minute long matches, with Wii Remote+Nunchuk being the only controller option. My store will be allowing WaveBirds (the manager is bringing several in), NO items in ours (not sure if this is nationwide since the tournament rules don't state whether items can be on) and a flat stage. The tournament at the GS i'm going to is starting at 4PM, probably since I was like #130 when I signed up last Sunday.

Teknoman

JSnake said:
Yes it is.

Ysiadmihi said:
Yes, it's still incredibly fun. If you're a good enough player, the delay won't affect you for the most part.

At first I was having trouble rolling once (I would think my first input was ignored, then end up rolling twice after repeating it) but that went away once I became familiar with the delay.

The only thing I dislike about the With Anyone matches is that it adds bots randomly if there are any free player slots. It just seems silly considering that some matches add them and some don't.

Yay im happy again.:D

Also I see now that the icon changes to CP when bot controlled, so that pretty much kills that other guy's complaints about not knowing who was human in "with anyone" matches.

truendo

Jiggy37 said:
Nintendo's known for quality control. I would guess that the chances of a copy of Brawl not working are probably just as low as a Nintendo DS breaking--and those things are almost indestructible.

While I'm thinking about it, what level are the bots that get added?
You do know that my DS did break....
twice..
*Sigh* I have horrible luck. Heck, with my luck, the GAMESTOP disc for the tournament won't work!

EvilMario said:
Smash GOT from Shoppers at Yonge and Bloor. One copy left. GO GO GO TEAM TORONTO

WTF? Shoppers Drug Mart is selling this shiznit? WTF?
:lol :lol

I'm tempted to check out my local one tonight.

Tendo

Anyone find out if wal-mart is selling at midnight? The register monkey I talked to just went off on how games come out only on Tuesdays so they'll have it Tuesday. LIES!

JSnake

cpro said:
Are you using the a network cable or a the Wireless connection to connect to your router/hub/modem or whatever? That could make all the difference.

Wireless.

Firestorm: I'm using a wired GCN controller

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Now I just played a match with ZERO delay. Maybe Nintendo is working on the problem? Or maybe until this point I've been playing with people on 56k.

TJ Spyke

Ysiadmihi said:
Now I just played a match with ZERO delay. Maybe Nintendo is working on the problem? Or maybe until this point I've been playing with people on 56k.

Maybe. The only people who are supposed to be playing the game right now are reviewers, so they may not have all the servers up yet.

JSnake

TJ Spyke said:
Maybe. The only people who are supposed to be playing the game right now are reviewers, so they may not have all the servers up yet.

..You'd think they'd have the servers in tip-top shape for us reviewers. :lol

Nabs

you're not downloading anything, right? (i remember that being an issue in the japan thread)
and did you switch your router to channel 11 (i think it's 11)?

kassatsu

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
NOA employees have been able to purchase the game since Monday.

justchris

JSnake said:
Okay, how do I fix this delay? Seriously. I can't play because of it.

Are you using a wavebird? VOOK was having major lag earlier, and changed the channel on his wavebird, and it went away.

If you're using a wireless router, try giving your Wii a static IP, also check what channel you have selected on your router. Wii likes channel 11. It can deal with other channels, but channel 11 makes it really happy. On the other hand, if other people nearby are using wireless routers, channels 6 and 11 are the main default channels, so you may want to use an uncommon one.

Also, try setting up your Wii in the DMZ on your router.

JSnake

Nabs said:
you're not downloading anything, right? (i remember that being an issue in the japan thread)
and did you switch your router to channel 11 (i think it's 11)?

I'm on MSN and using my web browser. That's it.
Also I do not know how to do that.

Nabs

I'm not sure if changing the channel effects online play. I've only seen it work in the wii shop. Check Google for more info. The basic idea is to go into your router options and change the Channel from 6 to 11.

justchris

JSnake said:
I'm on MSN and using my web browser. That's it.
Also I do not know how to do that.

If you don't know how to log into your router, run an ipconfig on your pc, and get your default gateway. This is the ip address of your router. Enter that into the address bar of IE or Firefox or whatever browser, and it will take you to your router screen. Usually it'll ask for a username & password. Usually the default is admin with the other blank. Unfortunately, I never remember which one, so try it with admin as the username with the password blank, and if that doesn't work, then try admin as the password with the username blank.

From there it gets a bit more complicated, but look for wireless setup. There's a lot of random stuff in there, but what your'e looking for is Channel, which is usually a drop down list of numbers. Select 11 if it's not already.

For the DMZ thing, that'll ususally be under advanced options, and it'll just say DMZ, and usually you check it to activate it, and select an IP (this would be the IP of the Wii). If it's a more modern router, it'll actually have a list of the connected devices, and you should be able to tell which is the Wii easily, and just select it to make it the DMZ (you can only set one device on DMZ at a time).

Tendo said:
Anyone find out if wal-mart is selling at midnight? The register monkey I talked to just went off on how games come out only on Tuesdays so they'll have it Tuesday. LIES!

Id like to know this to, since i have a 24 hour Kmart, and (hopefully) 2 24 hour Walmarts.

Id love to get it on Sat., but If not I have a copy on reserve at BB

Nabs

you might want to set up some security as well. someone could be leeching off your connection....... like i seem to be doing since my router is unplugged :lol

Struct09

Just got done playing a lot of US version online multiplayer with my friends (I'm on the west coast, they're in the midwest). Only a couple moments of lag, otherwise it ran just like we were sitting next to each other.

After that session, I declare Meta Knight my favorite character. I thought I was going to be a Shiek player, but I seem to do better with Meta Knight.

kassatsu

Banned
Struct09 said:
Just got done playing a lot of US version online multiplayer with my friends (I'm on the west coast, they're in the midwest). Only a couple moments of lag, otherwise it ran just like we were sitting next to each other.

After that session, I declare Meta Knight my favorite character. I thought I was going to be a Shiek player, but I seem to do better with Meta Knight.
Have you been able to connect with random people?

Struct09

kassatsu said:
Have you been able to connect with random people?

Yep, and those matches have ran pretty well too.

It took a little longer for the "With Anyone" matches to get set up, but I assume that's because not many people have the game yet.

Jiggy

MisterHero said:
HAI GAIZ SMASHATIZE UR AVATARS
That's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. D:

Edit: I'll bring Smash Logo Chakram Colette back to my avatar rotation once I find a reliable new rotator, now that Imagerotation costs money.

Nester

JSnake said:
blank/admin, but I tried that.

Then find the directions for your router to reset it to factory defaults. Usually has to do with holding in a little button in the back of the router with a pen.

I am so terrified that I wont be able to get a good game going online cause my main router broke, now I am using this old crappy wireless B router which has issues with the wii. It takes like 4-5 minutes to download a NES game from the VC store, its a nightmare.

The other router is under warranty but its going to take forever for it to come back. :(
(and no I have no way of getting it hard wired.)

justchris

JSnake said:
blank/admin, but I tried that.

Oh, that's not good then. There may already be a username & password set up on it (you may have done it when you initially purchased it and forgot it, or if it's used, someone else set it up). I'd google your router again and see if there's any way to clear the username/password, otherwise not sure if there's much you can do.

Edit: I have no avatar to smashitize. If someone would like to make me a Smashed Kirby, Zelda or Samus avatar, I would be most appreciative.

JSnake

justchris said:
Oh, that's not good then. There may already be a username & password set up on it (you may have done it when you initially purchased it and forgot it, or if it's used, someone else set it up). I'd google your router again and see if there's any way to clear the username/password, otherwise not sure if there's much you can do.

I reset it the other day (to fix the downed internet), so it should be at defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom