• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game-Biz said:
Damn, it's getting a little tense in here. Anyone want to lighten up the mood?

Had an excellent match with one of my co-workers today at lunch. I won in the end, but not by much. With one stock left each, and fairly high percentages, my co-worker was being careless and used Fox's Up+B on an exploding Box. The blast took both of us off the screen. He went off the front of the screen, whereas I was flying off the top... the result being that he died first and I got the win :lol

AMUSIX

from the 'world is different from the internet' files...

Last four people who have come in looking for Wii games looked at Smash Bros and said something to the effect of: "Hmm, I don't know...I'll have to look into it".

Sure, sure, each to their own, just caught me as amusing.

AMUSIX said:
from the 'world is different from the internet' files...

Last four people who have come in looking for Wii games looked at Smash Bros and said something to the effect of: "Hmm, I don't know...I'll have to look into it".

Sure, sure, each to their own, just caught me as amusing.

Wow, if I were them I would be buying 5 copies and sellng the other 4 to my friends for $60 bucks a pop.

Can you get in any serious trouble if Nintendo knew what you were doing? Would they just not let you order games from them anymore? I never really understood what's to stop companies from breaking street dates, I've never really seen any penalties for it.

AMUSIX

BuddhaRockstar said:
Can you get in any serious trouble if Nintendo knew what you were doing? Would they just not let you order games from them anymore?
What I'm doing? Really...officially I'm not doing anything...officially I have the game running on the in-store screens, and people can play it...I'm just saying their reactions, is all....

officially...I toyed with the idea of breaking street date, but have officially decided that it'd be a bad thing to do....

TJ Spyke

BuddhaRockstar said:
Wow, if I were them I would be buying 5 copies and sellng the other 4 to my friends for $60 bucks a pop.

Can you get in any serious trouble if Nintendo knew what you were doing? Would they just not let you order games from them anymore? I never really understood what's to stop companies from breaking street dates, I've never really seen any penalties for it.

If it's a large company like Wal-Mart or GameStop, Nintendo could ship them few copies of games for awhile. For smaller stores, Nintendo could even not send them any more games for awhile. If that happens, you can bet the employee who decided to break the street date will be fired (and I agree with that).

I am talking about store breaking the street date and selling games early, not stores setting up a demo station.

Duderz

Banned
So just to make sure, in order to play with other people online you have to exchange a Smash Bros. code & your friend code?

AMUSIX said:
What I'm doing? Really...officially I'm not doing anything...officially I have the game running on the in-store screens, and people can play it...I'm just saying their reactions, is all....

officially...I toyed with the idea of breaking street date, but have officially decided that it'd be a bad thing to do....

Ohhhh, my bad, I saw in a post earlier that you were thinking of breaking the date, and I assumed you did. Nevermind!

I haven't kept up with this thread at all, so for those that have had the game for over a month, what is the general consensus, this game is incredible right?

Teknoman

Relix said:
Most reviews have pointed it out.

True, but they only said button lag here and there. Nothing the calibur of BT3's lag...which was really horrible framerate (imagine trying to run Crysis with minimum spec at high quality).

That and people here would've probably been really complaining about it. I wouldnt worry much about it.

Oh and in that earlier posted youtube video, what was it that was saved to an SD card after the wi-fi match? A replay?

truendo

I'm starting to get worried that my copy of Brawl won't work. Nobody smokes in my house though. But as Jiggy knows (I've played him in Pokemon) I have horrible luck.

careksims

truendo said:
I'm starting to get worried that my copy of Brawl won't work. Nobody smokes in my house though. But as Jiggy knows (I've played him in Pokemon) I have horrible luck.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's going to be fine. The extra month probably gave them time to make sure the US discs works.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
careksims said:
Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's going to be fine. The extra month probably gave them time to make sure the US discs works.

You know the extra month was just to print even more copies right?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
If anyone is experiencing lag consistantly that's anything worse than a bit of a delay, it's probably you causing it. I've had framerate killing lag in like 2 random matches I've played and none in friend matches.

So I have a K-mart thats open 24/7

Would I be able to parade in at 12:01 and pick up a copy? Or do you think midnight stores (that arnt doing promotional midnight launches) will start selling the game in the morning or somthing?

kassatsu

Banned
Game-Biz said:
Damn, it's getting a little tense in here. Anyone want to lighten up the mood?
Hi :D

2v9eq1y.jpg

See you online : )

JSnake

Ysiadmihi said:
If anyone is experiencing lag consistantly that's anything worse than a bit of a delay, it's probably you causing it. I've had framerate killing lag in like 2 random matches I've played and none in friend matches.

The delay is enough to annoy me to no end.

Redd

JSnake said:
The delay is enough to annoy me to no end.

Well it gives you a reason to have a Brawl Party now. I'm trying to look up some of my old high school Smash friends and see if we can get together like we use to do. Top 2 get to keep playing while the other 2 have to wait until the next round. Man I miss that.

Teknoman

Ysiadmihi said:

But the rest of the random matches have been pretty ok right? Also the obligatory "Is the online mode just as fun?" question. Split second delays withstanding.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Teknoman said:
But the rest of the random matches have been pretty ok right? Also the obligatory "Is the online mode just as fun?" question. Split second delays withstanding.

Yes, it's still incredibly fun. If you're a good enough player, the delay won't affect you for the most part.

At first I was having trouble rolling once (I would think my first input was ignored, then end up rolling twice after repeating it) but that went away once I became familiar with the delay.

The only thing I dislike about the With Anyone matches is that it adds bots randomly if there are any free player slots. It just seems silly considering that some matches add them and some don't.

Jiggy

truendo said:
Nintendo's known for quality control. I would guess that the chances of a copy of Brawl not working are probably just as low as a Nintendo DS breaking--and those things are almost indestructible.

Ysiadmihi said:
The only thing I dislike about the With Anyone matches is that it adds bots randomly if there are any free player slots. It just seems silly considering that some matches add them and some don't.
While I'm thinking about it, what level are the bots that get added?

phalestine

aka iby.h
MiamiWesker said:
I haven't kept up with this thread at all, so for those that have had the game for over a month, what is the general consensus, this game is incredible right?

Seriously, I had this game for a little more than a month, this is not hype talking since I had it over a month, the game is just great. I can play it for hours like RIGHT NOW, and still feel the same way I did when I first played it.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
While I'm thinking about it, what level are the bots that get added?

I didn't think to check. The only time it may say is after a match when it shows everyone's stats...I'll let you know if I find out. They're pretty much free kills though.

Redd

JSnake said:
I don't have any friends. :'(

Well i'll be your friend in Brawl. Once I get used to the game(should take about 2 weeks) I'll add you to my friend list. Now you got one friend.:D

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I just got my call from EB, they said to go in tomorrow/saturday night at 10. Is that right? Like, 30 hours from now I go in?

AMUSIX

They may be doing a midnight thing but want a crowd, so getting people to show up at 10 to participate in the tournament...then again, they may just wnat to close at 10 and will sell the game after their official closing.

MisterHero

QVT said:
I just got my call from EB, they said to go in tomorrow/saturday night at 10. Is that right? Like, 30 hours from now I go in?
I'm gonna get there at noon and bum around until it's time to start. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Returned with preorder from Gamestop. Lots of people in there tonight, after 8 p.m. (Atlanta location). The guy didn't know the tournament rules, so I guess I assume the worst and it'll be 1-minute timed or some such lameness. Even so, I really want to use Kirby...or MAYBE Dedede or Peach. Would any of those be feasible? I want someone super easy to pick up since I haven't played much since 64 (only melee occasionally).

Also, they only had like 20 spots signed up for the tournament.

My main fear is that I wouldn't be able to kill fast enough, though with items, I suppose it wouldn't matter. 10 p.m. tournament time, fairly standard I guess. I'll probably be in around 9:30.

AMUSIX

Oh, though I doubt anyone here will care, Smash Bros has a GREAT attract reel. From the cutscene trailer to the 'how to play' demo, to the random matches, it's just beautiful to have up.
Definitely know it'll be the thing running for quite a while (though Mario Kart may kick it off).

Chris R

Local BB isn't going to open at midnight. Going to call Walmart and EB to see if either will sell on Sat. I'll actually go to EB if I can buy it on Sat... even though I hate them.

Volcynika

Oh sweet holy jesus.

Gamestop called me, and I thought they wouldn't be doing a midnight release since it's in a mall, but they are doing one! And then at 2pm Sunday is when they're doing a tourney. Such a small store, I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit! Can't wait though!

Brelston

I've played several "random opponent" matches and two were so choppy it was impossible to play. One ended in disconnection. Two others were fairly clean with a few laggy jumps. But, as has been said, Friend matches have been generally smooth.

And now Kirby destroying Luigi

LuigiHead--article_image.jpg

AMUSIX

Blizzard said:
Returned with preorder from Gamestop. Lots of people in there tonight, after 8 p.m. (Atlanta location). The guy didn't know the tournament rules, so I guess I assume the worst and it'll be 1-minute timed or some such lameness. Even so, I really want to use Kirby...or MAYBE Dedede or Peach. Would any of those be feasible? I want someone super easy to pick up since I haven't played much since 64 (only melee occasionally)..
Dedede is a bit odd for a pick up and play. Of the newcomers, I'd say Ike is the easiest to dive into. If you know how to use Kirby, then he should be ok for a few matches, but I find that he's best when you understand all of the other characters.

Peach might give you trouble, especially if someone there grabs a heavy hitter.

Game-Biz

So...My choices for Saturday night are:

A. Go out with this girl I like, or

B. Eat pizza, drink soda and totally nerd out the whole night playing SSBB.

Choice is obvious.
And sad, oh well.

Volcynika

Game-Biz said:

Choice is obvious.
And sad, oh well.

If she likes Smash Bros, you can have the best of both worlds!

MisterHero

Game-Biz said:

Choice is obvious.
And sad, oh well.
Tell the girl your brand new game has Mario on it.

Girls like Mario. Especially Mario Kart

Also, this game has Mario Kart in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom