• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

neight

Banned
why send it to Nintendo? They don't make optical drive cleaners anymore? I used to have one, it had a little brush on the disc that cleaned the lens as it spinned.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Kabuki Waq said:
anyone up for a game?

1934-0299-2727

When you gonna play? Now? Gimme a few to finish this SSE mission and I'm in.

Edit: As far as DREs go, well I haven't heard anyone have any yet, and I have a launch Wii and have had 0 issues.

Edag Plata said:
You can find the list of stores that have it on their website.

I just did, the store I preordered it form doesn't have a midnight launch :( I found one that isn't far on the metro though. So I gotta get there early probably to be safe.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Just got disconnected :( As for the lag, it's like a half to full second delay from the time you press a button until something is performed on screen.

If you have framerate killing lag, you need to check your connection.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ysiadmihi said:
Just got disconnected :( As for the lag, it's like a half to full second delay from the time you press a button until something is performed on screen.
Oh snap.

What a buzzkill.
Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

JSnake

So I set my Wii's IP address and all that manually and now online works a treat. Now I don't get disconnected every two matches and the lag isn't noticeable.

edit: no, just got disconnected.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
dallow_bg said:
Oh snap.

What a buzzkill.
Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Well, I guess I should note I have the Japanese version playing against US players, so that *could* be the cause of lag but I've heard people with US copies complaining of similar lag.

Blizzard

Banned
Checked Wal-mart after the two targets...don't have it in, don't know when they'll get it in. Time to start calling Gamestops? >_>

Also, at least two people in this thread have mentioned disk read errors and smoking in the house, not just one.

Teknoman

Blizzard said:
Checked Wal-mart after the two targets...don't have it in, don't know when they'll get it in. Time to start calling Gamestops? >_>

Also, at least two people in this thread have mentioned disk read errors and smoking in the house, not just one.

Most places arent gonna have it/let you buy it till Sunday. The few that have the english version now either A.) got lucky or B.) work for some form of media.

Blizzard

Banned
Teknoman said:
Most places arent gonna have it/let you buy it till Sunday. The few that have the english version now either A.) got lucky or B.) work for some form of media.

Yeah, definitely, but these people seem to not even know when the game will arrive. Unless they're really just clueless people who work in the department and don't know the stock or release date. :p

*edit*
Gamestop people know their stuff. Going out to preorder tonight in case they're dumb and take off/run out of preorders tomorrow.

Serious question, for you lucky SOB's that have the game. Which control method are you using and which one would you reccomend to a veteran of the previous 2 games???

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Hollywood Duo said:
Serious question, for you lucky SOB's that have the game. Which control method are you using and which one would you reccomend to a veteran of the previous 2 games???

GCN controller but the Classic controller is better after you get used to it imo.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Hollywood Duo said:

GC controller for now, but I'm gonna try my CC a little later, if only because the hastle due to Nintendo saving .3¢ from making the GC controller wire 2 feet long. Later when I wanna lounge and sit back I'm gonna need wireless.

May pick up a Wavebird if I can't get used to the CC, but we'll see. I doubt I'll even try Wiimote/Wiimote+ Nunchuck.

bounchfx said:
I fucking hate street dates.

I love street dates. Mostly because I know places that break them. :lol

MGrant

Got my copy. New Yorkers: Video Games New York on 202 E 6th street is awesome. They are selling the game, and said they'd get more by tonight. So go get yours if you haven't.

Ysiadmihi said:
GCN controller but the Classic controller is better after you get used to it imo.
Hmm I have the CC and the regular GCN controller. My issue is I don't have a wavebird and the GCN controller cord is so friggin short!!!!

Teknoman

Blizzard said:
Yeah, definitely, but these people seem to not even know when the game will arrive. Unless they're really just clueless people who work in the department and don't know the stock or release date. :p

*edit*
Gamestop people know their stuff. Going out to preorder tonight in case they're dumb and take off/run out of preorders tomorrow.

Yeah there are some people who are clueless that work in the game department. Unfortunatly knowing at least a lil bit about gaming isnt a requirement. Would be nice though.

Hollywood Duo said:
Hmm I have the CC and the regular GCN controller. My issue is I don't have a wavebird and the GCN controller cord is so friggin short!!!!

I say give the Wiimote+ Nunchuck a shot. Buttons are always right under your fingers, the control scheme isnt irregular, and just turn off "tap jump" and you're good to go.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I will initially try out the Nunchuk + Wiimote, but for GAF matches (w00t) I will use the GCN controller to kick some major ass with Luigi. Also... this game seems to be unplayable online. So many bad experiences with no hope of patching from what I've heard.

To pass the time, I made another one of these;

This is a Banana

item04_070627a.jpg

It loves to make people fall on it.

item04_070627d.jpg

But one day Kirby got mad and fried it.

kirby_071009c.jpg

Which made DK Mad...

donkeykong_070730d.jpg

which made Waluigi a playable character!

assist14_071214e.jpg

Which made the Banana come back...

etc01_080307_098-l.jpg

Which made DK happy...

donkeykong_070712d.jpg

The End.
Made by WiiRevolution1

Kewk

Banned
Hollywood Duo said:

I've been using my GC controllers but went out today and bought classics. Will check it out with those when I get home from work.

If anybody in the Boulder, CO area is looking to pick it up earlier Game Force off of Baseline in Boulder is selling early. They said they got 60 copies in this morning.

WiiRevolution1 said:
To pass the time, I made another one of these;

You know, if these were actual screenshots you took, it might be funnier, but these are dojo screens we've all seen like 5 times already. Go check out the Halo 3 thread to see how to actually do one of these right.

Firestorm

The advantage of CC over GCN is that CC only has one mode of pressing for the shield buttons. GCN controller doesn't register it as a shield unless you press the button all the way down.

Fenix

Firestorm said:
The advantage of CC over GCN is that CC only has one mode of pressing for the shield buttons. GCN controller doesn't register it as a shield unless you press the button all the way down.

Really? That's gonna mess with some of my friends.

P.S. I'm gonna add you to my XBL friends list when I get home.

Teknoman

Relix said:
I will initially try out the Nunchuk + Wiimote, but for GAF matches (w00t) I will use the GCN controller to kick some major ass with Luigi. Also... this game seems to be unplayable online. So many bad experiences with no hope of patching from what I've heard.

Not bad unplayable in the least bit. Unlike DBZ BT3, every preview has said the online modes are pretty much flawless as far as lag goes. Sometimes you might get a spike here or there, or move delays in certain matches. For some people, this may be their first Wii, let alone Nintendo online experience, so they may not have things set properly.

If it was all that bad, every review would complain immensely about it, and blogs would have complaints all over. At least thats how thing were with the horribly laggy online experience BT3 brought.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknoman said:
Not bad unplayable in the least bit. Unlike DBZ BT3, every preview has said the online modes are pretty much flawless as far as lag goes. Sometimes you might get a spike here or there, or move delays in certain matches. For some people, this may be their first Wii, let alone Nintendo online experience, so they may not have things set properly.

If it was all that bad, every review would complain immensely about it, and blogs would have complaints all over. At least thats how thing were with the horribly laggy online experience BT3 brought.

Most reviews have pointed it out. I hope though... that it won't be bad. I have a very good connection, so it won't be a problem.... I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom