• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superbot still alive, seemingly hiring for new PSASBR

Hire more people, thereby making your future game even more expensive, when you certainly lost money on the one and only game you've ever made?

Yup, Sony product!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Fuck Smash, go PowerStone all the way. Fuck, go Virtual-On style even before you make something like an anaemic Smash clone again.

thuway

Hire more people, thereby making your future game even more expensive, when you certainly lost money on the one and only game you've ever made?

Yup, Sony product!
How the fuck are you proclaiming the game LOST money? The game must have been profitable, or else, why in the hell would they be hiring for a new game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Please make the next game in the vein of Marvel vs Capcom. PLZ SUPERBOT!!!!!!!

Well, Toro is a shoto clone in Street vs Juggle, so I can see that working.

And it'd make me by a PSA game, no joke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck Smash, go PowerStone all the way. Fuck, go Virtual-On style even before you make something like an anaemic Smash clone again.
It should have been PowerStone from the start. They would have avoided a ton of the subsequent problems they had with the game if they did that, most notable the health/score system.

thuway

I just hope they get enough of a budget this time around to REALLY explore the full potential of the game. More options than just "supers" only, more characters, more COLOR, zanier finishers, etc.

Takao

Banned
Omar (Battle Royale's director) hinted at this before release:

PlayStation All-Stars doesn’t necessarily directly coincide to battle royale with four players. There are a variety of games we could potentially make to satisfy that “PlayStation All-Stars condition”. Like the capture the flag game I mentioned. It really just depends on what the fans are looking for and conversations with Sony, and how that shakes out. I’m really interested in seeing what fans are saying, and going from there.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/1...ector-on-leaks-and-what-he-learned-from-fans/

I like how they haven't even mentioned the Vita version. That 8k Vita NPD was probably devastating, despite crossbuy.

Sony says most Vita owners also have a PS3. Why would you exclusively buy the Vita version when for $20 more you can have both?

The series has potential but needs some major changes to be really great. First thing is to get a graphic designer for the menus/box art.

Yup, Sony product!

Don't be so sure about that, if the low cost estimates are true, this game could easily be profitable with low sales. Not only that Sony are obviously going to use it in a bundle which will add value and possibly boost PS3/Vita sales.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I suspect the game cost very little to make and it seems like something Sony wants to round out their first party portfolio. They may have chalked up its sales to the crowded release date and are doubling down now to see if it takes off with another release. I could see something like a Super Edition being a PS4 pack in title.

Takao

Banned
They're going to need a whole new staff to be honest..
Surprising they're still in business after the atrocity.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is the definition of a 7/10 game. In what universe would that be considered an "atrocity"?

I always saw this as a test more than anything so...heres hoping for another.
as long as it isnt as bad as the Playstation Move Heroes terribad game. I got it for free and still never beat it. I was insulted.

thuway

Psygnosis is dead and Superbot lives on.

This is a strange new world we're in.

More than 2/3rds of Liverpool was relocated into other Sony studios. The cuts made were pretty much for redundancies. Also there is quite a large thread with future Liverpool projects and concepts that reeked of generic, terrible, stupid ideas.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Superbot lives to see another day. Way to go, Superbot!

Since Sony seems to have more money than they know what to do with, I'll gladly help take some of it off their hands.

Just because PSAS:BR didn't rule the sales charts doesn't mean the idea OR Superbot is worthless.

prwxv3

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is the definition of a 7/10 game. In what universe would that be considered an "atrocity"?

13119661598595.png

this

Put Cloud in there and have his finisher be that half hour long summon of Knights of the round, forgot what it was called, but the one i spammed sephiroth with.

antonz

With all the talk of how cheap it was made. Perhaps Nintendo should do some checking to see how much of their code was lifted to make the game.
kidding on the code theft

Superbot must have been working as slave labor if costs talk is true.

Takao

Banned
Where did this game's budget estimates come from? Just people speculating based on the fact it feels low budget? Sony Pictures shows that this company will burn money and not all of it will end up on screen, lol.

leroidys

1. Please make your new game 3D (powerstone)
2. Don't base it on supers alone, I like variety
3. Do something about the presentation, even the limited steelbook was shit
4. Content

Listen to this man. 3D brawler makes so much more sense for playstation IPs, 95% of which are, you know, 3d games.

(And I like the game)

Sony is desperate for the brand to success so they will try again. They just don't get their catalog of characters blows for this type of game.

Why would a character that rips out eyeballs and practically shits down necks be play fighting with a sackboy.

It makes sense. Having all of your IPs in a popular franchise has the knock-on effect of making those IPs more popular. Win-win.

If anyone should make the Power Stone version of this game it should be Santa Monica. They look like they are hitting it out of the park with Ascension

But really, I think they should stick to 2D. Make it a full fledged fighter not a Smash clone.

3D has all its own issues, like gun characters versus melee characters. Having to leave out good 2D properties like Loco Roco. It's also much harder to make. And if you think the art style is a bit jarring now, imagine how odd Nathan Drake in the Sly Cooper universe would look in 3D

I always saw this as a test more than anything so...heres hoping for another.
as long as it isnt as bad as the Playstation Move Heroes terribad game. I got it for free and still never beat it. I was insulted.

Yeah, a playstation fighter/brawler game seemed like a good idea, there is no reason for it to end like a SSB clone when there are tons of other things it could be like, with its own style. From the looks of the game it doesn't look like a high profile game, a shame, people were looking out for such a title(AAA) but as it turns out its a low budget cash in, failing to celebrate 17 years of playstation. Pushing Fat Princess on us instead of Lara Croft?

I don't think a sequel will get a more proper treatment and advertising.

Carl

This time with more Cloud!! Fuck the haters, and the people who wanted the first title to fail. It was an incredible title.

For the next game I want to see:
1. ICO/SotC/Gran Turismo/Dark Cloud/Legend of Dragoon etc.
2. Better graphics. The game looks good, but it could really be taken up a few notches.
3. Crazier, zanier, and more colorful stages!

Well that's one thing that won't happen. Team ICO doesn't want their characters to be used like this.

Jamix012

God this news makes me happy. Make it PS4/Vita! And I loved the super mechanics, but maybe normalise attack buttons so they do similar things on each character, change the UI, make proper cutscenes, add a playstation museum of sorts and add more characters!

Where did this game's budget estimates come from? Just people speculating based on the fact it feels low budget? Sony Pictures shows that this company will burn money and not all of it will end up on screen, lol.

SCEA are one of Sony's most well costed divisions. SPE otoh, are awful, I don't think they have ever heard of a budget let alone sticking to one.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Thats a guaranteed way to not bomba in Japan.

Actually maybe they will just sadlife the game out and make it all GUST / NIS etc characters. The frat house gamers obviously weren't buying it despite Nathan Drake, Killzone guy, et al., so time for the other crowd.

Polish UI, get better combat feedback(is he in a combo? is he blocking?) Assign dodge to its own button.

Still a GREAT party game. Played a ton this holiday.

Top Bottom