• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl/Flash crossover episode to air in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Is there a hope that we could one day see a *ahem* convergence of the Arrow-verse and Supergirl-verse? That could help reconcile some of the world inconsistencies. Make it happen Flash!

LionPride

Banned
Superman was already referenced by Rip Hunter. Batman was also referenced in both the future newspaper & by Rip Hunter. We know Superman exists in the Flarrowverse.

You right, that's also potentially in the future. As it stands Oliver and Barry are the only superheros out in the open. If the Supergirl crossover occured on Flash's Earth-1 then it would mean Superman would have existed already

You right, that's also potentially in the future. As it stands Oliver and Barry are the only superheros out in the open. If the Supergirl crossover occured on Flash's Earth-1 then it would mean Superman would have existed already

Is there any reason why he couldn't? Obviously due to legal reasons they can't just out and show what every other hero is up to every week, but it never outright rules them out, in fact it often alludes to the contrary. Most recent example I can think of is the direct name drop of Oracle, who didn't become Oracle until well into Batman's career.

LionPride

Banned
Is there any reason why he couldn't? Obviously due to legal reasons they can't just out and show what every other hero is up to every week, but it never outright rules them out, in fact it often alludes to the contrary. Most recent example I can think of is the direct name drop of Oracle, who didn't become Oracle until well into Batman's career.

In both Arrow and Flash it seems that they are the two heroes out in the open. Superman is already out in the open in Supergirl. Logically it rules him out as being on Earth-1 right now

ZeroX03

Banned
DC LoT trailer "I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall" that sure sounds like Batman and Superman exist at some point. Supergirl could be direct confirmation of superman and
Manhunter
depending on context.

He's a time traveler, they could exist at some point but that point will never intersect with the show.

People really need to get off this idea that Batman & Superman will exist in the CWverse. They won't in any meaningful context. The boy scout is a spectre on Supergirl at best. The producers keep throwing out little Easter eggs, which is kind of stupid because people keep misinterpreting it. For all storytelling and universe building purposes, Arrow is Batman and Flash is Superman.

Magwik

Banned
He's a time traveler, they could exist at some point but that point will never intersect with the show.

People really need to get off this idea that Batman & Superman will exist in the CWverse. They won't in any meaningful context. The boy scout is a spectre on Supergirl at bes. The producers keep throwing out little Easter eggs, which is kind of stupid because people keep misinterpreting it. For all storytelling and universe building purposes, Arrow is Batman and Flash is Superman.
I wouldn't go that far. But Green Arrow and Flash are the center of their Earth.

In both Arrow and Flash it seems that they are the two heroes out in the open. Superman is already out in the open in Supergirl. Logically it rules him out as being on Earth-1 right now

The latter part of my post asserts that neither show has directly ruled out the existence of the other heroes. Usually, it alludes that they are not the first heroes. Logically, this doesn't rule out anything. Just because they can't say his name every week doesn't mean he isn't around.

People really need to get off this idea that Batman & Superman will exist in the CWverse. They won't in any meaningful context. The boy scout is a spectre on Supergirl at best. The producers keep throwing out little Easter eggs, which is kind of stupid because people keep misinterpreting it. For all storytelling and universe building purposes, Arrow is Batman and Flash is Superman.

No, they won't exist onscreen in the show, but they definitely exist in the universe.

And they won't have any meaningful impact.

Nope, probably not. Which is fine, I personally never expected them to. This is, after all, The Flash / Arrow / Supergirl, not Justice League. But that's not to say there isn't any room for nods toward their existence.

It's just like Constantine, really. You didn't hear a whole lot about his character in the Arrowverse until season 4, but he had still been around.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nope, probably not. Which is fine, I personally never expected them to. This is, after all, The Flash / Arrow / Supergirl, not Justice League. But that's not to say there isn't any room for nods toward their existence.

Considering how people keep misinterpreting nods as "oh they're coming" or "oh they definitely exist", then yes, they probably should stop. They're Easter eggs. Nothing more.

Considering how people keep misinterpreting nods as "oh they're coming" or "oh they definitely exist", then yes, they probably should stop. They're Easter eggs. Nothing more.

I dunno, man. On one hand, I agree that if they aren't going to do anything with them they should leave then alone, but on the other hand, I think the Easter eggs and references are fun. I guess I'm a bit torn on that bit.

I bet there's gonna be a ton comedy and goofy nerd sexual tension in this episode, but I'd rather they go for some full-on drama and feels.

s3Rl15N.gif

ihiQxZ1.gif

I did like the idea that in this new CBSCW universe that Arrow is Batman (cynicism, experience, darkness), The Flash is Superman (optimism/hope), and Supergirl is Wonder Woman (kindness, rage). That's cool.

But I'm cool with different universes. In this particular instance, I can kinda buy that maybe Superman does exist in the Arrowverse, but he's on the East Coast. Ollie's essentially in a San Francisco/Seattle type area, Barry's in the Mid-West, and Kara is in LA.

DumbNameD

Quick Photoshop Edit:

yTUn69Q.png

Yep, that's Barry.

EDIT: I don't know if the rest of the cast is spoiler. Besides Gustin I can't see shit.
Looks like, assuming Supergirl gets top billing:

Kara
Cat Grant
Alex Danvers
I assume, James Olsen would be next
Hank Henshaw
Winn Schott

The Flash/Barry
Lucy Lane(?) (since Jenna Dewan Tatum seems to fit the actor's name)
Siobhan Smythe/ Silver Banshee (Italia Ricci)
Livewire (Brit Morgan)
Non(?) (looks like Chris Va, so could be Chris Vance as Non)
Tor(?) (it's Christopher something, and imdb shows Christopher Showerman as Tor)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This will be glorious. Plus the fact BvS hits 3 days earlier makes for a fun few days!

CryptiK

This is what they need for me to keep watching the show :D. Superman now exists in the Arrowverse.

What if it's just
Henshaw
shapeshifting into a likeness of The Flash? "I saw this in a comic book."
That would just turn me off watching it even more.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I still don't understand why we can't get a Batman or Superman show. Like, do they really think people won't go to the movies if they can get Batman on TV? A fully feature Batman movie will always be a big ticket draw even if a lower budget weekly show exists. We had BTAS and the Burton movies, let's just get a live action Batman separate from film Batman.

Who is doing that?

Green Lantern might come.

IF supergirl joins the cw heroes as a recurring character superman could get a show down the line based on his supergirl version but it would likely be self contained. He is happy to let Supergirl to deal with her own shit so I can't see why he would get heavily involved with flash or arrow.

Batman is too similar to arrow.

Lokimaru

Kreisberg said on Fat Man on Batman that they drop hints in early show so when the network bring it up they can already have references in place so the network can't really object, he also said don't rule ANYTHING out, if they can get it done they will by hook or by fucking crook.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just binged the first 11 episodes

great companion to The Flash/Arrow/Legends of tomorrow.

this is some solid ass comic bookery:
the Supergirl & Martian Manhunter vs. white martian fight sold me.

Platy

Kreisberg said on Fat Man on Batman that they drop hints in early show so when the network bring it up they can already have references in place so the network can't really object, he also said don't rule ANYTHING out, if they can get it done they will by hook or by fucking crook.

Constantine confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom