• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl/Flash crossover episode to air in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This month we're getting a deadpool movie. Next month we're getting a BATMAN v SUPERMAN movie with Wonder Woman, FLASH, Aquaman CONFIRMED. Same week we're getting a FLASH and Supergirl crossover.
I can't believe all of this is happening.
This is a once in a lifetime thing.

Penguin

Interesting that it's the season 1 finale of Supergirl too, should be a good one. I expected this to happen somewhere in the second season.

Whoa didn't realize Supergirl was wrapping up so soon

But imagine that there may be a few more breaks in her future.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I should catch up on Supergirl then!

Also I thought they were very very adamant that Supergirl wouldn't cross into Flash/Arrow-verse?

Nah, in the Arrowverse, Arrow is their Batman and Flash is their Superman. They're the first out-and-out heroes, which is why people were slow to adjust to superpowers.

That doesn't square with Supergirl's status quo, where everyone knows about Superman and his enemies.
No. The Legends of Tomorrow trailer mentions Man of Steel and Dark Knight and the upcoming episode looks like it might have
Kryptonite

Loxley

Damn, never thought that woud happen. DC's movie universe may be a mess, but their TV and animation game is on point.

How can the whole film universe be a mess with only one movie having been released? Actually, never mind, this isn't the thread for that tired debate again.

On topic, this is really cool. I'd wondered if they could ever manage a crossover like this given Supergirl is on a completely different network.

YAAAAAASSSSSSS

I'm so happy we're getting a crossover already. I hope we get an eventual crossover with DCTV, but that might end up as a clusterfuck.

The TV universe is looking a hell of a lot better than the movie universe is, right now. Four shows, 2 of which have critical acclaim with another still having a fanbase and the other just developing into its own, all doing consistently well for their time slots, something Marvel wishes it could have.

The crossover news is odd though because I swear reading something just last week where they were saying the CWverse is its own thing and Supergirl is its own thing.

No. The Legends of Tomorrow trailer mentions Man of Steel and Dark Knight and the upcoming episode looks like it might have
Kryptonite

Then why are people surprised about the idea of superpowers in Flash, if Superman is running around out in the open?

People seem to be missing the key part of my post:
out-and-out heroes

Unless something changes, in the Arrowverse the world's heroes are The Flash, Green Arrow, and those related to them.

Ephemeris

The crossover news is odd though because I swear reading something just last week where they were saying the CWverse is its own thing and Supergirl is its own thing.

I believe they mentioned that before Supergirl even aired. But I'm happy they worked around it.

Just need a TV-Flash cameo in the Flash Movie now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I should catch up on Supergirl then!

Also I thought they were very very adamant that Supergirl wouldn't cross into Flash/Arrow-verse?
I'm guessing Barry's reality hopping powers are how they fudge this. She's not part of their universe, he's just visiting into hers

Oh man now if only Supergirl can introduce Kara's best friend next season I can die happy.
BFFS.png
and for an episode or two of Flash in Season 3:

Penguin

The TV universe is looking a hell of a lot better than the movie universe is, right now. Four shows, 2 of which have critical acclaim with another still having a fanbase and the other just developing into its own, all doing consistently well for their time slots, something Marvel wishes it could have.

I don't know which show is which of your 4 haha

And Supergirl/The Flash can still remain their own thing
This could be an one-off from The Flash dimension jumping

KevinCow

Banned
Could be fun, but I really hope Supergirl's Earth is different from the Arrowverse Earth. If they reveal that Superman has existed in the Arrowverse for years then that would fuck so many things up.

Also, is this going to be a Supergirl episode or a Flash episode? Or one of each?

Blader

Interesting that it's the season 1 finale of Supergirl too, should be a good one. I expected this to happen somewhere in the second season.

It's going to be the finale? I know Supergirl is only running for 20 episodes, but I figured CBS would throw in a couple off weeks to stretch the show out til May.

Mariolee

ITS HAPPENING

Don't forget that Constantine is part of the Arrowverse now as well, plus the Vixen minishorts. I much prefer the term Berlantiverse.

Theory time:
There's been the theory that the ending of Arrow/Flash this season will involve Flashpoint as an idea, as Arrow's opening. Could it serve as a way for them to merge Supergirl with the CW Verse?

Time to watch Supergirl I guess. I didn't want to get invested since it wasn't going to be a part of the Arrowverse, but since now it's apparently a part of the Arrowmultiverse I have to watch.

abundant

This month we're getting a deadpool movie. Next month we're getting a BATMAN v SUPERMAN movie with Wonder Woman, FLASH, Aquaman CONFIRMED. Same week we're getting a FLASH and Supergirl crossover.
I can't believe all of this is happening.
This is a once in a lifetime thing.

You're forgetting that in March, we're also getting Daredevil S2 featuring The Punisher.

Ri'Orius

Kryptonite

In Supergirlverse, Superman has been publicly active for 15ish years by the time the show starts. I know comic book universes demand some level of suspension of disbelief to keep the heroes separate when the story calls for it (why doesn't Superman handle all of Batman's street-level nemeses in an afternoon, why don't people assume Spider-man is a mutant and hate him for it, etc.), but I don't see how you could possibly square the introduction of metahumans in The Flash with a world that's had an alien hero saving the day for over a decade. That's beyond the pale, IMO.

If they don't make them separate universes I'll be sorely disappointed.

Time to watch Supergirl I guess. I didn't want to get invested since it wasn't going to be a part of the Arrowverse, but since now it's apparently a part of the Arrowmultiverse I have to watch.

Its worth it alone just for another character completely stole the show imo.

Didn't expect this, last time they mentioned they said "not this season".

That's cool, I fell off the wagon for Supergirl during the holidays, looking to get back on it soon.

This is gonna be awesome! The old Glee fan in me is gonna be amused seeing Marley interact with Sebastian outside of song competitions. All of these superhero shows having an amazing singing cast makes me wish we could have a Music Meister episode.

photo+1.PNG

That image reminded me of how horrible the Arrow marketing really was at making it a hero show. Just Oliver's face, nothing with the hood or the greasepaint on. Season 2's marketing basically being shirtless photos of the male cast was pretty lame too, especially with how great that season was.

So...Superman now exists in the Flash universe?

no, it could be another Earth or maybe Supergirl and Superman exist in the future of the Arrowverse.

Damn, never thought that woud happen. DC's movie universe may be a mess, but their TV and animation game is on point.

By universe I meant more of their movie output in general, not their attempt at a shared universe. But the fact that their attempt at that is so rushed is a bit of a mess in and of itself.

they have one movie. ONE. how is it a mess? they have one coming out in March and another in August. and more next year. it isn't a mess, it's not rushed. stop pushing that narrative, it's tired and it's borderline trolling.

Then why are people surprised about the idea of superpowers in Flash, if Superman is running around out in the open?

People seem to be missing the key part of my post:

Unless something changes, in the Arrowverse the world's heroes are The Flash, Green Arrow, and those related to them.

again, it could be an alternate Earth or maybe Superman and Supergirl debut in the future.

jph139

I really like the multiverse angle that DC is using. It's obviously a way to compensate for corporate mandates (this is on this network, this company can use this but not this, keeping him for the movies), but it's such a great comic book solution that lets you close and open doors whenever is necessary.

Also, I don't care at all about the Arrowverse stuff, but want to watch Supergirl eventually, so... yeah, glad they won't be pinned too closely.

Yas! This is great news.

Supergirl does feel like it can work perfectly fine on its own without having to interact with Arrowverse, but I'm still happy it will be. I'm glad it's with The Flash though as I think that will work better than with Arrow.

Supergirl started off slow but I really enjoy it now. People should definitely try it out or get back into it.

Just so we're clear they just basically confirmed Batman exists too.

http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/post/138501684285/my-head-is-still-throbbing-from-eobard-thawnes

Relevant quote:
"I waited until everyone peaced out for the day, then I slipped into S.T.A.R. Labs to “borrow” my vibing goggles. Two shots of liquid courage later (relax, it was orange soda), I threw them on and found myself watching an onslaught of peeks into 2017, 2018, and beyond. Snapshots of Fourth of July BBQ’s, Halloween (that fully-functional Batman suit was badass!), and late nights in my workshop flashed before my eyes."

Cisco can see the past, present, future, and alternate realities so Batman exists somewhere.

Mariolee

Theory time:
There's been the theory that the ending of Arrow/Flash this season will involve Flashpoint as an idea, as Arrow's opening. Could it serve as a way for them to merge Supergirl with the CW Verse?

Maybe last season, but I haven't heard that theory for this season, but I've been staying to the Flash thread. What makes everyone think that.

Just so we're clear they just basically confirmed Batman exists too.

http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/post/138501684285/my-head-is-still-throbbing-from-eobard-thawnes

Relevant quote:
"I waited until everyone peaced out for the day, then I slipped into S.T.A.R. Labs to “borrow” my vibing goggles. Two shots of liquid courage later (relax, it was orange soda), I threw them on and found myself watching an onslaught of peeks into 2017, 2018, and beyond. Snapshots of Fourth of July BBQ’s, Halloween (that fully-functional Batman suit was badass!), and late nights in my workshop flashed before my eyes."

Cisco can see the past, present, future, and alternate realities so Batman exists somewhere.

I've never seen this before either!

Tabby

We don't even know in what role they play.

Its been 3 years since Man of Steel with 3 more until Justice League and that takes it up to 4.
1 movie less than Marvel, and you can't argue that Hulk had any impact on the Avengers movie whatsoever so it's about the same.

It's hardly rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom