• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl and Flash Are Going to Have a Musical Crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

EDIT: Oh shit, top page, I mean:

Ytcw0tT.gif

It's a show with Melissa Benoist as the lead and it's going to have Grant Gustin as a guest star. They were going to sing at some point, come on son.

Kara, Barry, Joe, Winn, Alex and Cisco are who can sing from my current knowledge. Might be more too.

So long as the songs are good, I'll be fine. Most of the Buffy cast couldn't sing and Once More With Feeling is one of the best episodes of TV ever.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
“I think they’re going to be mostly pre-existing songs,” Berlanti said. “We have been talking about trying to write at least one original song per episode, and certainly happy to take requests throughout the year. Tweet @GBerlanti.”

“We’ve toyed with who potentially the villain could be,” Berlanti said. “My sense is we’ll be very careful about how it is they’ll break into song. There’ll probably be an element of being inside a character’s head sometimes. It’s many episodes away but we are going to start combing through the music and talking about the possibilities. Victor [Garber] was pitching me some songs the other night at dinner. Danielle Panabaker said, ‘I don’t want to sing.’”

Killer Frost doesn't have time to sing and dance.

My sense is we’ll be very careful about how it is they’ll break into song. There’ll probably be an element of being inside a character’s head sometimes.

Please, just use Music Meister. Perfect excuse for how they sing.

...oh, shit. I just remembered that Barrowman's contract now extends to all the shows to make things easier. We might get a Barrowman song number.

Nabs

This could be great. The Flash cast is stacked with musicians (off the top: Barry, Joe, Cisco, Wally, Wells, Dr. Stein). The Supergirl cast isn't too shabby, either.

There's a lot of salt in this thread considering the amount of musical talent there is between the two shows. Would be really dumb not to do a musical at some point.

Makonero

Should be a fun couple of episodes. I would love Music Meister or Fiddler or something similar. Or maybe a mirror world where all talking is singing.

Whatever excuse they need.

NaviLink

I've been toying with this idea for a long while now, I'm glad they're going for it. Even though I'm not particularly a fan of musicals. But Crazy Ex-girlfriend turned me a little.

TreIII

Eh, what the hell! At the very least, a good portion of the cast is made up of Broadway alum or otherwise has singing talent.

Uncle Joe (Jesse L. Martin) can not only teach me life lessons, but serenade me with his magnificent voice~!

Carpo

Neo Member
I assume these episodes won't have anything to do with the storyline, seems gimmicky to add musical episodes into shows that doesn't suit it.

Is Arrow going to have a musical episode too at some stage then? Or is it because Gustin was in Glee they are doing it because they can't think of anything else and need a filler episode

I assume these episodes won't have anything to do with the storyline, seems gimmicky to add musical episodes into shows that doesn't suit it.

Is Arrow going to have a musical episode too at some stage then? Or is it because Gustin was in Glee they are doing it because they can't think of anything else and need a filler episode
Amell refused to take part in a musical if it ever happened.

The Flash

Banned
Figaro! Son qua.
Ehi, Figaro! Son qua.
Figaro qua, Figaro la,
Figaro su, Figaro giu,
Pronto prontissimo son come il fumine:
sono il factotum della citta.
Ah, bravo Figaro! Bravo, bravissimo;
a te fortuna non manchera.

Only way I could be happy with this is NPH is back to reclaim his role as The Music Meister from Brave and the Bold

You know it's going to happen. I don't see why he wouldn't. I remember people wanting this last season on The Flash. The got Mark Hamill. NPH will do it, and it'll be glorious.

ZeroX03

Banned
We compiled a list of Arrowverse actors with musical/dancing backgrounds a while back, if I was on my PC I'd find it.

Musicals are amazing. 100% fuck anyone who isn't gleeful about this.

Amell refused to take part in a musical if it ever happened.

Amell also said every time he's said something isn't going to happen, it inevitably happens.

Bluth54

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. It's a little disappointing that it will maybe be only one original song through.

urrrrgggghhhhh

I want the Flash and Supergirl to be more dark and gritty, a musical crossover is like the last thing I want by a billion miles.

Oh well, I'll get over it. Blargh.

jb1234

Figaro! Son qua.
Ehi, Figaro! Son qua.
Figaro qua, Figaro la,
Figaro su, Figaro giu,
Pronto prontissimo son come il fumine:
sono il factotum della citta.
Ah, bravo Figaro! Bravo, bravissimo;
a te fortuna non manchera.

I would definitely tune in for an all-opera Flash/Supergirl crossover.

(Even if none of the cast are even remotely trained for it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom