• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl and The Flash to Battle The Music Meister in Musical Crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy503

Yup, Jeremy Jordan & Jessie L. Martin are gonna steal the whole crossover musical event.

Hold on, my fellow Jeremy Jordan lover, while the above may be true as we have seen on SMASH it all depends on the material they give him and how they utilize him. He was singing way under his potential there (maybe so he wouldn't out sing the two "stars" of that show) and likewise I think since this is a Flash/Supergirl episode the people behind the scenes can (and probably will) give the best material to Grant and Melissa, the two "stars" of this show. There is hope, but I bet they mess with the supporting players here as well.

Also, in reply to the poster in this thread who said they discovered a love of musical theater through this thread. Here is a mashup of the plays The Last Five Years/ Cinderella (sung by Jeremy Jordan and Laura Osnes) that is really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03joGMamlg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
MV5BMjE2Mjg1NTQwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYzNDUwNA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

#NotMyMeister

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That's certainly a very CW choice.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The more sensible amongst us had switched our hopes to Rachel Bloom from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend long ago.

Penguin

Awesome news, Rachel Bloom created an original song for the crossover!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwies...irl-musical-ep?utm_term=.yy0A7POEo#.qt6Rb7gqO

“As soon as I heard that they were doing a musical crossover, I e-mailed Mark Pedowitz who connected me to Greg and Andrew. I immediately offered them my services,” Bloom told BuzzFeed News in a statement. “As soon as they picked one of my song ideas, I hopped on the phone with my old Robot Chicken boss Tom Root and we brainstormed and, based on that brainstorm, I wrote up the song ‘Superfriends.’ I am so excited to contribute more to the upward trend that is musicals in television and film. Music can be one of the most amazing and efficient forms of storytelling and character development. Also, it was really fun to write a comedy song for two superheroes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom