• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

You're right. The quality in Arrow shot right up, once they put everyone and their mother in a costume. Best seasons of Arrow ever.

You are just rewriting history. The threads aren't gone. You can still look up how people complain about the characters that aren't related to the superhero stuff. Arrow S2 is loved here, but the topic itself is a huge mess of people bitching on Laurel. And again, the thread is right there. Go look it up instead of attacking people.

KonradLaw

Guardian used to be my favorite superhero. Because there were very few ongoing comics in my country back then and my friends already snagged all the cool ones as their favs. So in desperation I picked Guardian. Thankfully it only lasted a a short while before Waverider appeared, so I could switch to somebody who didn't suck completely :D

ZeroX03

Banned
Guardian used to be my favorite superhero. Because there were very few ongoing comics in my country back then and my friends already snagged all the cool ones as their favs. So in desperation I picked Guardian. Thankfully it only lasted a a short while before Waverider appeared, so I could switch to somebody who didn't suck completely :D

Where's this land lacking in quality comics?

KonradLaw

Where's this land lacking in quality comics?

Poland. These days there's so many comics being released here. But in 90s there was bassicaly one company called TM-Semic. They had both DC and Marvel, but few. The only ongoings that lasted were X-Men, Spiderman, Batman and Superman. after a while it got so bad that they had to merge Batman and Superman into one comic.

And after TM-Semic died so did comicbooks. For ten years it was complete blackhole for american comics here.

Joni

Rewatching, somehow they need to have Cat acknowledge that she knows Kara is Supergirl before she 'leaves'.

iosefe

Rewatching, somehow they need to have Cat acknowledge that she knows Kara is Supergirl before she 'leaves'.

she has dropped subtle clues here and there, even after the shape shifter shenanigans

probably the closest thing was her saying how she figured out Barry was The Flash, it lines up with Kara's actions as well

Joni

she has dropped subtle clues here and there, even after the shape shifter shenanigans

probably the closest thing was her saying how she figured out Barry was The Flash, it lines up with Kara's actions as well

Yes. But they dropped samewise hints for Detective Chesthair knowing about Oliver. Cat really needs to go 'Duh' in the second episode.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Cat 100% knows Kara is Supergirl.

She is the single smartest, most capable person in that entire Multiverse.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
WsI5Ko0.png

I want to be apart of that crew.

Cat 100% knows Kara is Supergirl.

She is the single smartest, most capable person in that entire Multiverse.

Cat is the perfect mentor to take Kara from Supergirl to Power Girl.

Kryptonians are much weaker than their comic counterparts in this universe, just have to accept it. They do appear to be weak to explosions and surprise attacks specifically.

About on par with Golden Age Kryptonians. There was some serious power creep during the Silver Age.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Kev gives an update

I just read this script for @thecwsupergirl episode I'm gonna direct and I LOVE IT!!! It is filled with deep-cuts characters from some of my favorite stories in the @dccomics canon and it reads bigger than anything I've ever directed before - even #Dogma! So naturally, I'm TERRIFIED. This material is way above my pay grade: the kind of stuff I've loved watching my whole life but never tried to make myself. It's pure comic book and science fiction fantasy and it reads like it should look like a 70's album cover. In a very First World way, this is scaring the shit out of me. So that's gotta be the best reason to do it, right? I should challenge myself and try to do something outside of my comfort zone. Plus, it's not like I'm gonna be alone: armed with a spectacular script, I'll be surrounded by the incredible cast & crew of one of my favorite shows - and they make magic every week. So what I lack in vision and ability I'll try to make up for with boundless fan-girl enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. Thank you @andrewkreisberg & @gberlanti for the misguided belief I can pull this off. I'll try to let you down gently. Up, up and away... #KevinSmith #Supergirl #supergirlseason2 #dccomics #cw

14606473_10153779741421930_4515782733667209118_n.jpg

I hope there's a giant spider in it somewhere.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jeez, Kevin Smith is all over those DC shows this year. Hasnt he already done two Flash episodes that are before the crossover, and then he has a Supergirl episode after? Good for him. His Season 2 Flash episode wasn't a standout in direction, but maybe he'll throw some of his flare in there once he settles in. Smith seems more passionate about doing this than movies. And most importantly, he seems happy and less defensive about it. This just might be his wheelhouse

Because Calista Flockhart doesn't wanna have to move to Vancouver, so they're trying to create as little reason for her to be present as possible.

They'll do what they did for Richard Dean Anderson on his last season of Stargate. He comes in films his scenes and then he's back on a plane. In Vancouver maybe 2-3 days a week.

ZeroX03

Banned
#2.04 "Survivors" Synopsis
HANK AND M’GANN GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER; AN ALIEN FIGHT CLUB RUN BY ROULETTE GRABS SUPERGIRL’S ATTENTION — When Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) investigate the murder of an unregistered alien, the trail leads to an alien fight club run by Roulette (guest star Dichen Lachman), the ringmaster who commands aliens to fight in mortal combat for the entertainment of rich humans. While trying to stop the fighting, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter find themselves up against a surprising opponent. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) is thrilled to have found another Martian and tries to get to know M’Gann (guest star Sharon Leal) better. Supergirl takes Mon-El (Chris Wood) under her wing and begins to train him. James Marshall directed the episode, written by Paula Yoo & Eric Carrasco.

HELLO
MEGAN

Chase17

Just got through the Flash cross over in season 1. Have been enjoying the show a lot more since my last post.

-Whinn got a lot better once they gave him Shevaughn so that he stopped crushing on Kara all the time.

-Max-edge Lord is surprisingly fun

-The Flash cross over was fun and moved the narrative forward. I was going to make a comment about how Barry was surprisingly smart/competent in this episode. But then they had him throwing lighting at the lightning villain and job so that the fire department could steal the glory.

-Kat made a joke about them being attractive and how it was like a CW show, which may have been the best joke in the arrowverse.

Maybe this will get answered in the last two episodes but is Supergirl still in a different universe as the other shows?

Cafeman

Ah ok. Thanks.

Makes sense, probably would be weird to all of a sudden merge two universes.

Am I in the minority by hoping Supergirl stays in its own universe, yet is somewhat accessible by the Flash if need be (crossover eps) ? It can get too cluttery (or cluttered, for grammar nazis). After a while what's the point in watching each show, if they are all shared universes , cross over characters, and are too similar to one another. Maybe this is one of the reasons I am not really interested in Legends of Tomorrow. It still feels like an extension to Flash and Arrow and not really its own thing.

back to Supergirl S2 ... I'm anxious to see Mon-El and Megan.

Skeeter49

Just watched the first episode of Season 2, really liked it. Pacing was good, Superman was good, I'm excited for more Supergirl.

The Hobo

Am I in the minority by hoping Supergirl stays in its own universe, yet is somewhat accessible by the Flash if need be (crossover eps) ? It can get too cluttery (or cluttered, for grammar nazis). After a while what's the point in watching each show, if they are all shared universes , cross over characters, and are too similar to one another. Maybe this is one of the reasons I am not really interested in Legends of Tomorrow. It still feels like an extension to Flash and Arrow and not really its own thing.

back to Supergirl S2 ... I'm anxious to see Mon-El and Megan.

I also want Supergirl to stay in a separate universe. There is no way to merge it into the Arrow/Flash universe without major complications.

Phyranion

With Superman in the Arrowverse, they could easily establish a Justice League. We have Superman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl. Arrow could replace Batman, Supergirl could replace Wonder Woman, and Atom or Vixen or someone could replace Green Lantern. One can only dream.

Ashhong

With Superman in the Arrowverse, they could easily establish a Justice League. We have Superman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl. Arrow could replace Batman, Supergirl could replace Wonder Woman, and Atom or Vixen or someone could replace Green Lantern. One can only dream.

This sounds laughably bad. Arrow is nowhere near as capable as Batman. What would he be doing as Superman went out and did everything? Talk to Felicity for help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom