• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret government agency in The Librarians almost caused the apocalypse by unleashing ultimate evil on Earth. The one in Nikita didn't even notice they were working for the bad guys.

Likewise, there's the crew from Warehouse 13 and all of Torchwood.

Doesn't Eureka almost causes apocalypse on a weekly or monthly basis.

I think we've correctly surmised that "secret government organization" usually means "crew of mavericks with no oversight who frequently fail to destroy their environment on a regular basis".

Given that definition, the DEO actually has a good track record.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Also, when are we going to get into the fact that The President in Supergirl is likely an imposter alien?

I wonder what the payoff for this will be. Usually the glowing eyes thing is a sinister tease. But they used the same thing for Fake Henshaw before he revealed himself to be Martian Manhunter.

I'd find it pretty unsettling if two aliens had replaced high level government officials and assumed their identity.

jph139

It's run by an alien who he killed the last Director (as far as he knew) and impersonated him for years. And, nobody really gave a shit past the initial shock.

Man, when you put it like that, someone really fucked up.

"So our alien defense organization was infiltrated at the highest level by a martian for nearly a decade?"

"Yeah but he's a pretty cool guy."

"Hmm, I guess we'll just ignore it then."

Like seriously, the national security implications are astounding. A conspiracy theorist's nightmare and/or wet dream.

Maybe they just accepted the secret alien because he improved them.

+

"So our alien defense organization was infiltrated at the highest level by a martian for nearly a decade?"

"You mean he doubled productivity, had a stunning close rate, improved morale, and increased overall diversity? Might as well keep him around. Did anyone really like the original Hank Henshaw? No? Fair enough."

It's literally a comedy plot - you're not actually X, but you do X so well as an outsider, that we want you back! - played straight.

Man, when you put it like that, someone really fucked up.

Like seriously, the national security implications are astounding. A conspiracy theorist's nightmare and/or wet dream.

Exactly. This is not even addressing the fact that the President might be an alien. But, Jonz' revelation would be like the most devastating thing ever, even if the government managed to keep it under wraps. Our entire government would go into panic mode. How many of these imposter aliens are in our own government? You see if Cadmus was done right, like in the JLU cartoon, you could actually see their side of the argument. The possibility that aliens have infiltrated every level of our government and are slowly dictating policy to fit their own agenda is a very real threat in their world.

Toa TAK

Banned
Supergirl is a really smart show.

It's a basically about people coming to terms with the idea that illegal immigrants can shape their home better than the native residents who've been here their whole lives.

Joni

Supergirl is a really smart show.

It's a basically about people coming to terms with the idea that illegal immigrants can shape their home better than the native residents who've been here their whole lives.

A bit like the Day Without Immigrants.

Platy

"It would be really creepy if a short, balding old man was in love with Kara."

Although, why Mr. Mxyzptlk needs to be in love with Kara instead of being a mischievous asshole is a different matter.

Yeah because appearing out of nowhere and saying you want to marry the person is TOTALY NOT CREEPY

Toa TAK

Banned
"It would be really creepy if a short, balding old man was in love with Kara."

Although, why Mr. Mxyzptlk needs to be in love with Kara instead of being a mischievous asshole is a different matter.
That's what I don't get, even if they wanted to play up the love thing, wouldn't it help drive it home if it was a short balding guy?

I mean, older (I mean OLD) men hit on young girls all the time, if anything it would at least be relatable on some level.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll wait until the episode airs. They'll probably do a thing where he turns into the imp version of himself at the end of the episode.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Yeah because appearing out of nowhere and saying you want to marry the person is TOTALY NOT CREEPY

Being attractive makes everything less creepy (in tv and movies at least) .

I remember there was an episode of Thundercats were Lion-O had to learn that just because someone is ugly (an alien in this instance) doesn't mean you should immediately distrust them.

Platy

Being attractive makes everything less creepy (in tv and movies at least) .

I remember there was an episode of Thundercats were Lion-O had to learn that just because someone is ugly (an alien in this instance) doesn't mean you should immediately distrust them.

It is Passengers all over again .... casting someone cute does not deny creepiness.

That's what I don't get, even if they wanted to play up the love thing, wouldn't it help drive it home if it was a short balding guy?

I mean, older (I mean OLD) men hit on young girls all the time, if anything it would at least be relatable on some level.

They probably want him to be likable so to be likable he has to be attractive to the target audience.

Platy

Why we are kidding ourselves... the answer is just : It is the CW

MAYBE he is ugly ... by the CW standards

kiTnCJt.png

Joni

If he is pretty people won't be put off immediately. That is the rule of TV. Pretty creepy people are always liked. See Klaus on The Vampire Diaries for instance.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm ugly by CW standards. Let me be Mr. M

No I'm not.

Edit: Looks like it'll be a fun episode if that preview is anything to go by.

Is Snapper Carr the least attractive person in the CWverse?
I can't think of anyone with a legitimate role that is lower, maybe Victor Garber but he looks fine for being nearly 70.
Thought Hawkgirl was pushing average (but don't know if that was character hate talking.)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
We're about 10ish years away from old CW stars playing the hot parents of the new CW casts. Time is a flat circle...

ZeroX03

Banned
Happy Valentine's Episode!

#2.13 "Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk"
Episode Promo
DC COMICS' MR. MXYZPTLK HITS NATIONAL CITY - When Mr. Mxyzptlk (guest star Peter Gadiot), a magical imp, shows up on Earth and declares his love for Kara (Melissa Benoist), she tries to let him down easy, thinking him harmless. However, he decides it's a challenge and starts to wreak havoc on National City. Mon-El (Chris Wood) has seen beings like Mr. Mxyzptlk on Daxam and knows how dangerous they can be. He and Kara argue over how to get rid of Mr. Mxyzptlk, further straining their relationship. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) celebrate their first Valentine's Day together while Kara wants to do the same and more with Lena. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Jessica Queller & Sterling Gates (#213).
spg213b-0280b-232589.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom