• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is with this Supes, it is like he's well established, so he may just work better as a foil to Kara whenever he appears. I'd rather not give Superman a Arc.

Atm he's only in the first 2 episodes though.

Yeah, just have him show up sporadically and have some fun with him. Don't ruin a good thing by having him around all the time.
Just give him his own show to have him around all the time. But that is jumping the gun a bit.

psychotron

Anyone notice green color shifts during the episode? There was one part at the end where superman is talking with supergirl and a guy walks in front of the camera. As he's passing the screen tints green, including faces....but as soon as he's out of frame the red cones back to their faces.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Am I crazy for thinking that of all the Berlanti produced shows, Supergirl Season 2 has the best intro monologue? The Krypton stuff is silly and clunky but necessary. Once it gets to the "I have friends..." part it's actually kinda moving.

I still haven't even watched the episode, I just had to stop and say that lol

ZeroX03

Banned
This isn't on HULU?

No they've switched to The CW app.

Available on most platforms except PlayStation.

the-cw-apple-tv-800x798.jpg

styl3s

Yeah, just have him show up sporadically and have some fun with him. Don't ruin a good thing by having him around all the time.
Just give him his own show to have him around all the time. But that is jumping the gun a bit.
I would be ok with him showing up like once or twice every season but now i just want a Superman show.

Am I crazy for thinking that of all the Berlanti produced shows, Supergirl Season 2 has the best intro monologue? The Krypton stuff is silly and clunky but necessary. Once it gets to the "I have friends..." part it's actually kinda moving.

I still haven't even watched the episode, I just had to stop and say that lol

It was the worst last season, but they've since redid it. She no longer sounds like she's reading a script for the first time. The current intro has better pacing and sounds more "uppity."

Really good premiere, liked it more than The Flash's and I was grinning like a dork pretty much the whole time with the Superman/Clark scenes.

Really. Man, whoever did that first promo shot needs to be fired.

For real. He looks great in the suit, and honestly is great Clark Kent. He's really good in the role. That original promo shot just made him look goofy as fuck.

Whoever was responsible for that certainly shouldn't be taking the lead on future marketing

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
From Supes and MM's conversations, it seems like a version of the Justice League was never formed in this universe?

I'd say that is accurate. From what I remember of Season 1, Martian Manhunter was hiding his presence on Earth. I don't think a JL MM would be concerned about that.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm glad this show is back.

I like the new Superman a lot. Hopefully he's sprinkled across the season a bit.

Discount Tom Hardy being Metallo is going to be fun. Though I doubt he'll match Malcom McDowell.

God damn!
I enjoyed that more than Gotham, Flash and Arrow's premieres combined(as well as SHIELD's).

Fucking give this Superman his own series please(hell it can be a mid season Supergirl filler mini-series)
If he does have a decent amount of appearances hope they eventually bring Lois in as well.

From Supes and MM's conversations, it seems like a version of the Justice League was never formed in this universe?

They'll just join the Justice Society or something :D

So what would you guys prefer, this Supes showing up every now and again in Supergirl or him to get his own series?

Returning guest. I feel CW is at their limit for superhero shows, and doubt other networks are looking.

Skux

So what would you guys prefer, this Supes showing up every now and again in Supergirl or him to get his own series?

I think Supergirl already covers the Krypton segment of DC comic lore so it's hard to see a standalone Superman show being able to offer something substantially different.

Needs his own series but is kinda redundant with Supergirl(though besides Cat and Alex i'd greatly prefer Superman's cast)
CWverse also needs Supergirl more than Superman on tv

However i'd kill for a Superman mini-series that runs during the mid season break of Supergirl.

I think Supergirl already covers the Krypton segment of DC comic lore so it's hard to see a standalone Superman show being able to offer something substantially different.
Do it. Series starts with Lois and Clark already married.

Grizzlyjin

Popping in and out. I can't imagine anything they could do with a Superman series that we aren't seeing here with a character that doesn't get 1/10th as much attention.

Nairume

Banned
Popping up in and out.

Granted, I'd be a-okay with this version of Superman getting a show if it happened, but I'd rather him just be a supporting character here and then maybe eventually transition him into leading a Justice League series.

If and when the Flarrowverse get's merged with the Supergirl world, I would like him to pop up in all shows. Not alot obviously but just to show up and help each show deal with something they're not able to beat themselves or to talk to each other from time to time. Something like a league.

chefbags

Well, that was better than every single episode of season one.

Yep lol. Just finished watching it and my god I was smiling every time Clark and Kara were interacting. If there was a justice league miniseries every summer I'd be all in.

Also cat grant's speech, my friend and I both agreed that was some inspirational fucking speech lol. It was seriously really good.

Grizzlyjin

That was a fantastic episode. Cat Grant's speech was genuinely good. No "for a CW show" qualifier or anything, it was just a nice inspirational moment.

Definitely the best episode of Supergirl they've produced. I'm way more interested in sticking with this for the season now.

Clark was great. Not just Superman but Clark Kent, something we haven't seen in a very very long time.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Does PS Vue have CBS/CW at all in any territory? If it was included in the package in the Seattle area, I would've dumped Comcast and gone with it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom