• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERHOT VR is now out for HTC Vive, and here's a gameplay video from A.I.Channel

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The game is out now for the HTC Vive (previously an Oculus Rift exclusive)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/617830/SUPERHOT_VR/

Here's the launch trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf9XdTSXFy4

In this game, the game time move only when you move!
The game will have lots bullet dodging as you snatch the enemies weapon and return fire, or simply punch or throw items at them

Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT VR is the definitive VR FPS in which time moves only when you move. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.

Here's a gameplay video from virtual waifu youtuber A.I. Channel (turn on the sub)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwgmjn-8mE

bigmac996

How different is it from the Oculus version control-wise? I have it running on Revive, not sure about re-buying yet.

Wallach

I've already completed the original. Is this worth buying and playing through again for VR?

It's fairly different to the 2D version. Also one of the coolest - if not the coolest - experience you can have in VR to date. Absolutely worth playing.

GeoGonzo

Considering double dipping as I move away from the Oculus store and back to Steam.

First I'll have to confirm if this has steamcloud saves and if it works well with the Rift+Touch.

-edit-

Damn it, no cloud saves? On the other hand... achievements. Hm...🤔

ArtHands

Everyday We Stray Further From God's Light.

But I must admit it is pretty funny. Turn on the subs.

Its a video of a virtual youtuber, playing a virtual reality game of a virtual person playing a virtual reality game in a virtual world

antibolo

Banned
Does Microsoft have some sort of exclusivity deal with this game? I'd like to get this for PSVR but even the non-VR version is still not on PS4 so I assume I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Durante

I guess I'll see whether all the praise was justified this weekend.

holy fuck what have i stumbled upon here
A.I. channel is the future. When I subscribed a few weeks back it was still below 200k subs, now it just went above 500k.

Does Microsoft have some sort of exclusivity deal with this game?
Microsoft? Huh?

Oculus had an exclusivity deal for it, probably 6 month given the timing of this release.

Alexlf

I believe this is a VR remake, so i guess the content is different?

Correct, I believe the VR version is 100% different from the original, mechanics aside.

If anyones on the fence about this you should really pick it up. It's probably my favourite VR game, extremely fun.

antibolo

Banned
Microsoft? Huh?

Oculus had an exclusivity deal for it, probably 6 month given the timing of this release.

I was talking about SuperHot in general. And a timed exclusivity deal with Oculus for the VR version isn't mutually exclusive, it's still only on Microsoft platforms regardless.

cakefoo

the game is amazing in VR, but be warned, it's extremely short!
It includes the Forever Update which they claim provides 20+ hours of content.
SUPERHOT VR now also includes the massive SUPERHOT FOREVER update, bringing 20+ hours of new replayable challenges, achievements and hardcore endless levels to SUPERHOT VR's time-bending gameplay, including:
- Test your aim where only headshots take out enemies.
- Race against your best scores in bullet-time and real-time.
- Try to complete the game without shooting.
- Get hardcore with faster enemies and less reaction time.

Endless Mode video
Hardcore Mode video

ArtHands

I was talking about SuperHot in general. And a timed exclusivity deal with Oculus for the VR version isn't mutually exclusive, it's still only on Microsoft platforms regardless.

What does Microsoft has to gain from the exclusivity here?

there's no such evidence. Besides their VR headsets are not launched yet

vermadas

Being on Xbox One but not PS4 is not evidence??

Is everyone in this thread just deliberately being obtuse?

This thread is about SuperHOT VR. Everyone is talking about SuperHOT VR. You came in asking questions about the flatscreen version. They're separate games.

Fuwztvs.jpg

AI-chan is hands up the best youtuber out there.

She is a prick but a cute prick and she constantly reminds you.

Superhot looks good too!

wondermega

Oh great, thanks for posting this, I'll buy it this weekend. Just played Batman the other night, I'm really enjoying VR right now!

Some people on reddit are saying you're actually better off playing the Oculus version via ReVive. On the Steam version, the position of the hand/object/weapon models is offset from the controller position.

I don't doubt that the positioning is imperfect, but I find it hard to believe that ReVive would actually do a better job. If anyone has both versions and can test, I'd be curious to see the result.

I never had a significant issue with the Oculus version + Revive.

Some people on reddit are saying you're actually better off playing the Oculus version via ReVive. On the Steam version, the position of the hand/object/weapon models is offset from the controller position.

I don't doubt that the positioning is imperfect, but I find it hard to believe that ReVive would actually do a better job. If anyone has both versions and can test, I'd be curious to see the result.

I never had a significant issue with the Oculus version + Revive.

That's what I felt yesterday playing the VR version for the first time, that the placement feels off, other games already did this better than Superhot VR Steam.

It's not really a big issue all things considered, I hold the vive controllers more at the lower half of the handle instead of the middle portion which also makes the grip buttons feel more natural and easier to hold (I'm not sure but I believe revive also has alternative way of holding weapons)

It could be better, but it's not something that is really problematic for me. The missing menu and how to manage save files is more troubling for me (maybe I didn't see them yesterday and they are there in the game?)

antibolo

Banned
This thread is about SuperHOT VR. Everyone is talking about SuperHOT VR. You came in asking questions about the flatscreen version. They're separate games.

They're separate games but they're still the same IP. As I already said I was talking about Superhot in general. Sheesh.

It could be better, but it's not something that is really problematic for me. The missing menu and how to manage save files is more troubling for me (maybe I didn't see them yesterday and they are there in the game?)

You'll get a level select and stuff after beat the game, if that's what you mean.

You'll get a level select and stuff after beat the game, if that's what you mean.

I mean more like a standard menu, I haven't beat the game, tomorrow a friend comes over to try some more games in VR, I don't know how to let her start the game from the start. I don't see any options and save slots?

ArtHands

Being on Xbox One but not PS4 is not evidence??

Is everyone in this thread just deliberately being obtuse?

That's not evidence enough. Their dev diary also mention nothing about any exclusive clause.

I mean there are bunch of exclusive titles without exclusive clauses for all platforms (Yakuza just an example)

Putosaure

I mean more like a standard menu, I haven't beat the game, tomorrow a friend comes over to try some more games in VR, I don't know how to let her start the game from the start. I don't see any options and save slots?

You can't actually replay every level back to back in a Story mode fashion.

Top Bottom