• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Ashhong

AceBandage said:
Uh... companies never use the same codename twice.
How idiotic...

lmao, are you serious? you should get off your high horse and realize what shes saying.

and pakman...who is that?

e7514b85947a6333dce756c54f91541c0_medium.jpg

numble

AceBandage said:
Uh... companies never use the same codename twice.
How idiotic...
1) Nintendo's new handheld will see release in late 2009.
Although someone emailed me today saying "dudes i gotta a hot scoops on the new nintendo handheld system, it comes out 10/10/2010 and does not have a screen and is codenamed revolution." I'm glad I can get such hot scoops.

Find the sarcasm.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Nintendo should ride on the DS until 2011 at the least. I don't need to buy an upgraded portable at the moment (and the DS is my first portable game system actually).

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Just think about how beautiful the graphics will be on Gears of War 2 and 3. Is the next Gears coming in 2008?

VonGak!

Banned
McBradders said:
True. In fact, before the move from down the street, the whole building was Team Soho, it wasn't until the absorbtion of Psygnosis Camden in to the building that it changed to London Studio. The Team Soho was then purely for the Getaway 1 & 2, with everything else in the building being London Studio.

I dunno if Team Soho will last until 3, ie put it out under SCE London Studio. I highly suspect the latter.
Thanks ^.^ I think I'll add this tidbit to my list

f@luS

More than a member.
Xzbeat said:
I used to live there when I was younger and I can guarantee that there is no Ubisoft Paris.
Google it if you want.

Hi dude. I actually live in Paris. Anyway

http://ubisoft.profils.org/recrutement/ConsultDoss/ListeDoss.asp

Ubisoft French job pages

For exemple you can see :

Job : 3D GFX animator / Reference : GFX3D-Animator FR/ Lieu (place...) : PARIS
Job : Assistant Chargé d'étude jeux vidéos / Ref : C-PI-ACEJ / Lieu (place...): Montreuil

edit :
Here you go :

28 rue Armand Carrel
93 108 Montreuil Cedex
Tel: +33 (1) 48 18 50 00
Fax: +33 (1) 48 57 07 41

Austerlitz 2000
173-179 rue du Chevaleret
75646 Paris Cedex 13
Tel: +33 (1) 48 18 50 00

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Barnolde said:
I've always wanted to see Halo on Blu-ray.

O_O
Buy AC people, fund this game.

I think RRR 2 would fund this game more than AC would. Especially since RRR is using a modified Jade engine in the first place

Barnolde

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
I think RRR 2 would fund this game more than AC would. Especially since RRR is using a modified Jade engine in the first place
Buy that too. In fact, buy everything from Ubisoft, even Imagine Babyz and Fashion Designer.

Sorta old for some, but for some it isn't.

For the various people who do not read comments.

There has been quite a few questions asked and I have answered those questions, and those questions get asked again.

1) EA is not working on a console nor is there any plans for such a thing to happen, EA is purely a software company.
2) Lost: The Game is as good, original, and inspired as the Alias game. Super interactive success for Jeffrey Abrams yet again.
3) Rumored new Zelda title for Wii? It's happening. Multiple titles. But the new big, epic Zelda for Wii is probably about two years away.
4) Nintendo is working on 30+ WiiWare titles, including some based off franchises such as Zelda (two games) and Mario.
5) Michael Bay is not directing the Prince of Persia film, though he may serve as producer.
6) The PS3 Far Cry title I discussed is not a port of Far Cry 2.
7) I heard something back in March or April about a Shenmue title for Wii, but I have not heard anything since about it and doubt that there is any truth to that. Despite announcements to the contrary, I've heard from quite a few people that Shenmue III has never actually entered production. To my knowledge, Shenmue Online is the only Shenmue title currently in development.

Some anonymous commenters have said some interesting things as well.
1) Based of my previous experiences with Rudy [Giuliani], the drug allegations are not too far off.
2) WiiWare titles based on DK [and] Metroid are in the works.

I swear if she is messing around with us, i'll.... i'll... i'll....

cry :(

Eteric Rice

snoopers said:
Being able to play a real new shenmue game wouldn't piss me off at all...

I know some people here would be pissed off about it.

Big time.

On the Wii, I mean.

titiklabingapat said:
Not if it's a shitty spin off and the HD consoles get the main sequel.

I'm talking main game. Fuck spin-offs. :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
4) Nintendo is working on 30+ WiiWare titles, including some based off franchises such as Zelda (two games) and Mario.

4Swords for wiiwareplz......

angelfly

scottnak said:
Existance of Part 3 has just been nothing more than a rummor right? Unless I've missed some new recent news about this? :eek:

He did recently talk about the next game and said Wii would be a good fit.

Busty

Banned
Just to be clear (or as clear as someone can be on a rumour blog) is she suggesting that this Far Cry title for the PS3 will be an exclusive? Or is she hinting that there is a multt format Far Cry title in development and this particular team are developing the PS3 version.

Because Ubisoft and exclusives (especially for the PS3) don't seem to be happy bedfellows.

Ceb said:
I wonder if the Sony and CryTek talk could really amount to something?

Seeing how much SCEE have already invested in 'local' talent I think there's an excellent chance that SCEE and Crytek are working together in some capacity. If not the main Crytek studio (Crysis team?) but one of the other new Crytek studios that's opened in Europe.

But in saying that, I doubt we'll see any of the results any time soon.

Visualante said:
I'm so bored of surfer girl. Get over it.

Enjoy her while it lasts. But these things never do.

numble

Updated, with November fourth things
November fourth things.

1) Eden Games is currently working on a new Test Drive title for a release late next year/early 2009 on PS3/360/PC, the game will use the open-world gameplay and online features seen in last year's Test Drive Unlimited.
2) Afrika is a "nonviolent game" with "positive social themes." Something certain to appease those who have always wanted to spell doom to fictional poachers without violence.
3) Three Wario games are in development.
4) Itadaki Street DS will see a release in the states sometime next year.

ethelred

numble said:

Interesting, I guess. I always kinda figured Itadaki DS might be the first one to come to the US, what with it having Mario and all. That's a much easier sell than all RPG characters. And Wario... hmm. Well, it'd be nice if one of those was a new Wario Land platformer from the old R&D team, but that's probably too much to hope for. Wario's become Nintendo's shittiest franchise bar none.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ethelred said:
Interesting, I guess. I always kinda figured Itadaki DS might be the first one to come to the US, what with it having Mario and all. That's a much easier sell than all RPG characters. And Wario... hmm. Well, it'd be nice if one of those was a new Wario Land platformer from the old R&D team, but that's probably too much to hope for. Wario's become Nintendo's shittiest franchise bar none.

I expect a WarioWare installment with some sort of interesting gimmick, a puzzle-platformer that is what Wario 7 wanted to be, and maybe a 3d game in the mold of the awful Wario GCN.

Itadaki was a no-brainer and could probably be advertised as a sort of companion to Mario Party. If it's successful, they could probably continue to localize Itadaki games and use the two franchises to play off each other...

Edit: I wonder if Hudson would start localizing Momotaru Densetsu :lol :lol :lol

Johnas

2) WiiWare titles based on DK [and] Metroid are in the works.

So, if true, could this possibly mean a new 2D game? Dread? I see a new FF:CC game is coming to WiiWare, that's a substantial game right?

FiRez

hmmm........Retro never made a FPS, afaik

too bad we are not going to get an Excite Truck sequel, is the best thing I've played on my wii :(

NPC

The thing that boggles my mind about "surfer girl" is what part of the "industry" would place you in a position to get all this varied information? Usually like a guy that works at Nintendo would blab about some stuff on Nintendo, and a Capcom employee about Capcom, so forth and so on. But this? It's all over the place... o_O

Ashhong

OokieSpookie said:
A Cloverfield game from Abrams could be great

Is there a new trailer of this out by any chance? Only one ive seen is the one before Transformers where its like The Blair Monsters Project.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
NPC said:
The thing that boggles my mind about "surfer girl" is what part of the "industry" would place you in a position to get all this varied information? Usually like a guy that works at Nintendo would blab about some stuff on Nintendo, and a Capcom employee about Capcom, so forth and so on. But this? It's all over the place... o_O

Just info he gets from people he knows/trusts who work in the industry.

ethelred said:

Wario Land 1 is the best Wario game ever made. Oh, WarioWare was great, Wario Land 2-4 pretty good, Wario Land VB quite good... but the first one was the best. I wonder what kinds of Wario games they'll make next...

Top Bottom