• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys, Surfer Girl's post about Assassin's Creed being fixed by some dude from Rainbow Six is bullshit. Someone wanted to give himself credit that he does not deserve.

EDIT: And I don't know ONE game at Ubisoft that wasn't delayed for the right reasons. The whole "editorial staff control" thing is totally exaggerated.

ram

Francias Castiglione said:
Blazing Angels III = Tom Clancy's Air Combat :lol

sad but true - the tom clancy name alone will make the franchise (which is only mediocre at best) to sell a lot more. grim times ahead!

Borys

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Guys, Surfer Girl's post about Assassin's Creed being fixed by some dude from Rainbow Six is bullshit. Someone wanted to give himself credit that he does not deserve.

EDIT: And I don't know ONE game at Ubisoft that wasn't delayed for the right reasons. The whole "editorial staff control" thing is totally exaggerated.

So if that is wrong then the other stuff also could be wrong.

Never believe blogs FFS.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
sp0rsk said:
I bet Balance Board Wario Ware would rock. Especially considering it's the follow up to a bad Wario Ware.

No way sp0rsk. WarioWare for the Wii was awesomeness.

That is all that I can bring to the table. I blow.

Busty

Banned
jet1911 said:
Don't believe blog but trust random poster on GAF! :p

You never know who it could be, it could be Shane Kim or even someone that knows what's going on in the industry.

..that's right, the Shane Kim thing is still funny to me, so what.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Borys said:
So if that is wrong then the other stuff also could be wrong.

Never believe blogs FFS.

A lot of the other stuff is wrong, and what was true (the whole Martin Tremblay VS Yannis Mallat part) is fully public, you can read the court documents on the issue (such as Martin Tremblay explaining how he felt pushed out of the company).

My guess is as far as Ubisoft goes, he seems to be getting his info from former employees, and most likely testers. The Prince of Persia FPS thing is 100% bullshit.

Update!

Now I speak in riddles. Solutions come Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.

I) Chinese mythology plus steampunk equals sequel from Albertan cubicles.
II) Man, this quest seems to be everlasting, now we are on this third station of play.
III) Deity straight from Timonium loves we.
IV) The one who drives at night, the one who drops explosives in deep valleys in between cliffs, and the defensive structure made from quartz are alive again for this new mode of transport.
V) Before a year hence, sowing knees shall to respond what we wear and the exes and ayes.

I is a Jade Empire sequel, II is Everquest for PS3, and III is Big Huge Games' semi-confirmed god game for Wii. Dunno about the other two.

wsippel

Banned
IV is about three Atari classics I think: Night Driver (1976), the second one might be Kaboom! (1981), and Crystal Castles (1983). XBLA, PSN and/ or WiiWare seems about right.

wsippel said:
IV is about three Atari classics I think: Night Driver (1976), the second one might be Kaboom! (1981), and Crystal Castles (1983). XBLA, PSN and/ or WiiWare seems about right.

I think the second one would be Canyon Bomber. Not the most exciting rumor, in any case.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/for-those-who-dont-read-comments-vol-ii.html

1) The Jet Moto series is alive in the same way a rock is. Twisted Metal has a future on that new console that ends with a 3.
2) An Animal Crossing MMO would not see release outside of Japan, NoA and NoE are obstinate in only wanting limited online functionality in the title.
3) F-Zero is coming to Wii and possibly, but probably not, being developed by Monster Games (according to someone with a rather legimate email address).
4) A new Skies of Arcadia for the Wii seems to be a yes.
5) No Wave Race, Luigi's Mansion's 2, Excitebike (it's called Nitrobike) or 1080 for Wii. Punch-Out for Wii, if it has gone beyond the prototype that was made last year, is a remake of the original NES title.
6) KHIII, if it is coming out. is definitely coming to the Wii, they need the game's demographics (which lean a bit younger than your average SquareEnix fanboy) to purchase the title.
7) Sega does not want to bring back Shenmue. If I wanted to see the story conclude, I wouldn't be pushing for a game that probably is not going to happen, I'd be pushing for a graphic novel version (which is far more feasible than another extremely expensive game that would probably not break even).
8) Microsoft is not dropping Rare.
9) Heavy Rain an "adventure game" that features a number of things I've never seen before in a game and it has been in production for at least two years by now..
10) No Wario World sequel.
11) The next KOTOR is being worked on at BioWare, pre-production and some early production has been done internally at LucasArts, though.
12) Nintendo is most likely co-publishing Itadaki Street DS here stateside and the game is almost certainly to get a new name (and I have been told it was Nintendo's idea to release the game outside of Japan). If the game does well, Itadaki Street PSP may be released stateside. It's a Wonderful World is coming stateside next year as well.
13) Next year, I'm looking forward to Brutal Legend, Blocks, LMNO, Alive, Hail to the Chimp, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia, Heavy Rain, fl0wer, Getaway, Duke Nukem Forever (not that I cared for the previous games, but you have to wonder what was done with ten years of development), Max Payne 3, thatgamecompany's third PS3 game, The Outsider, Lego Batman, Pain, No More Heroes, Mushroom Men, Spore, as well as I few others I have forgotten.
14) Capcom character could happen in SSBB (I'd say Mega Man, who has his own Wii-exclusive coming next year), but a Square character seems highly unlikely.
15) Ghostbusters game is coming 2009, likely not being developed by ZootFly, and is coming to PS360 and possibly Wii.
16) Street Fighter IV is 2d/3d/cell-shaded on the PS360.
17) A new PSP is three or four years away
18) BG&E2 is coming is PS360Wii.
19) Activision has a title that supports the Wii Zapper coming in the near future.
20) Factor 5 would like to develop for Wii, but there are not any concrete plans for a title.

Also, the three upcoming Wario games are "1 WarioWare, 1 platformer, [and] 1 something."

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Father_Brain said:
3) F-Zero is coming to Wii and possibly, but probably not, being developed by Monster Games (according to someone with a rather legimate email address).
5) No Wave Race, Luigi's Mansion's 2, Excitebike (it's called Nitrobike) or 1080 for Wii. Punch-Out for Wii, if it has gone beyond the prototype that was made last year, is a remake of the original NES title.
9) Heavy Rain an "adventure game" that features a number of things I've never seen
15) Ghostbusters game is coming 2009, likely not being developed by ZootFly, and is coming to PS360 and possibly Wii.
16) Street Fighter IV is 2d/3d/cell-shaded on the PS360.
17) A new PSP is three or four years away

Kind of interesting.

Iksenpets

Banned
11) The next KOTOR is being worked on at BioWare, pre-production and some early production has been done internally at LucasArts, though.

So he's claiming that they're working on KotOR and Jade Empire 2, in addition to continuing the Mass Effect trilogy, Dragon Age, Sonic RPG, and their MMO, assuming that that's not the KotOR game? That seems like an awful lot for BioWare to be taking on at once, even if the MMO and KotOR do end up being one in the same.

9) Heavy Rain an "adventure game" that features a number of things I've never seen before in a game and it has been in production for at least two years by now..

Damn, not even this person can get any real info on this game.

AniHawk

F-Zero developed by Monster games in the vein of excite truck is probably the only way to get me to enjoy F-Zero.

BGE2 on all three would be interesting. I'd definitely want to know which system Ancel was closely involved with.

Father_Brain said:
2) An Animal Crossing MMO would not see release outside of Japan, NoA and NoE are obstinate in only wanting limited online functionality in the title.

Thank goodness. But the unbolded part sucks.

Goddamn outsourcing.

4) A new Skies of Arcadia for the Wii seems to be a yes.

It could be the SotC soundtrack I'm listening to, but I'm about to cheer out loud here.

If this ends up not being true I will dedicate my existence to uncovering the identity of Surfer Girl and I will end his/her life.

6) KHIII, if it is coming out. is definitely coming to the Wii, they need the game's demographics (which lean a bit younger than your average SquareEnix fanboy) to purchase the title.

Wow. Potential megaton.

13) Next year, I'm looking forward to Brutal Legend, Blocks, LMNO, Alive, Hail to the Chimp, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia, Heavy Rain, fl0wer, Getaway, Duke Nukem Forever (not that I cared for the previous games, but you have to wonder what was done with ten years of development), Max Payne 3, thatgamecompany's third PS3 game, The Outsider, Lego Batman, Pain, No More Heroes, Mushroom Men, Spore, as well as I few others I have forgotten.

I'll believe that when I've played it and it's disappointed me. I'm gonna guess Surfer Girl is probably a she based on this post, too.

Max Payne 3 would be nice, though.

14) Capcom character could happen in SSBB (I'd say Mega Man, who has his own Wii-exclusive coming next year), but a Square character seems highly unlikely.

:eek:

20) Factor 5 would like to develop for Wii, but there are not any concrete plans for a title.

"No seriously, we just lost your number. What is it again?"

7) Sega does not want to bring back Shenmue. If I wanted to see the story conclude, I wouldn't be pushing for a game that probably is not going to happen, I'd be pushing for a graphic novel version (which is far more feasible than another extremely expensive game that would probably not break even).

Excitement all gone now. Every single bit of it :(

Screw you Sega. You should risk financial ruin to make me happy.

TheWolf

Banned

i would think it would be the other way around.

grandjedi6 said:
Has "she" ever been right?

In one of her comments, she did say that MGS 4 will be ported to the 360 six months after the PS3 release :lol Also said something about a MGS and Ninja Gaiden Wii port...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
vectorman06 said:
In one of her comments, she did say that MGS 4 will be ported to the 360 six months after the PS3 release :lol Also said something about a MGS and Ninja Gaiden Wii port...
So she's either fake or someone from 1up

filopilo said:
worse ,she managed to get false info...

Yeah that's what I thought. I remember Fondaumière saying at last years E3 that all they were doing was testing some new technology with The Casting. So it hasn't been in development for 2 years.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Lobster said:

bunny5oynx4.jpg

pubba

To coincide with Ghostbusters 4 - Full CGI movie featuring the original cast voices.

Seriously - the wii-mote would be brilliant for a ghostbuster game. Don't cross the streams! etc..

Please be true.

YYZ

I'm pretty sure this person has the ugliest blog known to man, I can't look at it for more than 2 seconds, get some fucking taste please.

G-Fex

Somebody has to later make a list to counter and disprove this persons rumors. I not only question his sources I refuse to believe anything, just a lot of rubbish.

Next year, I'm looking forward to Brutal Legend, Blocks, LMNO, Alive, Hail to the Chimp, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia, Heavy Rain, fl0wer, Getaway, Duke Nukem Forever (not that I cared for the previous games, but you have to wonder what was done with ten years of development), Max Payne 3, thatgamecompany's third PS3 game, The Outsider, Lego Batman, Pain, No More Heroes, Mushroom Men, Spore, as well as I few others I have forgotten.

:eek: please be true!

Top Bottom