• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven comments on Monster Hunter Tri G (again)

u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg
u7x3r.jpg

SVENNNNNN!

Bomba!

watershed

Banned
I don't get why people get so outraged or frustrated. I can understand the frustration with the psp games but every time he comments on Tri G it definitely sounds like its coming eventually. E3 will probably bring the announcement.

upandaway

I don't get why people get so outraged or frustrated. I can understand the frustration with the psp games but every time he comments on Tri G it definitely sounds like its coming eventually. E3 will probably bring the announcement.
There's nothing reassuring about those comments. The reality is that if they had already made the decision, they'd already announce it (unless they're still trying to create media for the announcement, which is possible).

We've been burned a bit too much by those types of comments to just take them at face value again. Not gonna trust anything until an outright announcement (or outright denial).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No MH3G at NoE Nintendo Direct either - what a joke.
Wont buy a Capcom title until they release this game here.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
If they're adding online I hope it's a simpler, more immediate system than Tri's.

Like, use system friend list etc to get 1-4 friends, then right away find yourself in the city with just them.

Not hopping through servers, lobbies, cities, gates, etc.

Well, maybe it could be in addition to that, for when you want to play randoms.

But that part should also be simpler still. Just have Diablo II style chatrooms, ask around until you find people who want the same things you do, and then create a game and off you go. Or see the list of created games and if the descritpion matches what you want and they have open slots still. Like, just the first and final steps in the Tri system, tweaked. And 10-12 players per town.
Because at this rate they'll be drooling over 4's Japanese release by the time this gets here?

fates

Probably because we've been getting lines like these for almost 2 years now with nothing to show for it.

Ultimately these lines just seem like something to placate fans when they get rowdy, while keeping them on board with Capcom under the guise that "something big is coming" (as he said a while back). Though it's good to see the fans get a bit more rowdy now, because enough is enough. Honestly, if you're done with the franchise here... say it and stop the stringing along.

Defuser

No AAI2, no MHP3rd, and now this. Yeah sven,you and your NA branch can go fuck yourselves, don't waste time creating a false hope.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its definitely coming, you don't follow up comments like those with "alright guys, I can finally announce that we are not localizing it, thanks for your patience"

frostbyte

Not going to take Sven's word at face value. Already burned with MHP3rd and AAI2, especially the latter. :(

If true, probably an E3 announcement.

Its definitely coming, you don't follow up comments like those with "alright guys, I can finally announce that we are not localizing it, thanks for your patience"

Logic would tell you that, but this is Capcom. Nintendo did the exact same thing with Xenoblade and The Last Story and they seem to have infinitely more respect for their fans. :p

depward

The problem is - we Monster Hunter in NA have been waiting for a new domestically-released MonHun game for two years while Portable 3rd, Portable 3rd HD and Tri G have all been released in Japan along with Frontier getting additional content.

All we get is "I can't say anything - be patient." and that's all we have gotten for months. We're starved for info on a new release and when Sven says stuff like this, it honestly does more harm than good.

Just frustrating. But according to Sven, i should be patient!! Good things are going to happen!!! Yeah, OK.

zroid

Banned
And the Svensson tease machine continues to chug along http://gematsu.com/2012/04/capcom-future-of-monster-hunter-outside-japan-very-bright

Answering questions from fans during a live Q&A session today, Svennson would not say for sure whether Monster Hunter Tri G, launched on 3DS last December in Japan, would arrive west. “I can’t tell you definitively yes or no at this point in time,” he said.

However, Svensson opened up more when discussing the franchise’s future outside Japan, which he claims is “very bright.”

I met Sven at last year's captivate, and he's an incredibly cool guy. Problem is, is that he's a cool guy that always has his hands tied behind his back. He really wants to give everyone what they want, but CoJ is the problem.

theBishop

Banned
Regardless of platform, the next Monster Hunter game to reach these shores of Liberty had better have online support. Ad Hoc is a kiss of death.

FoneBone

Regardless of platform, the next Monster Hunter game to reach these shores of Liberty had better have online support. Ad Hoc is a kiss of death.

Sven said outright a few months back that he viewed online as a prerequisite for any future MH releases in the West.

I met Sven at last year's captivate, and he's an incredibly cool guy. Problem is, is that he's a cool guy that always has his hands tied behind his back. He really wants to give everyone what they want, but CoJ is the problem.
He needs to learn the "put up or shut up" rule. Delivering these incredibly vague teases only gets people more frustrated.

Spiegel

David Gibson ‏ @gibbogame

Thanks everyone for following, on MH international i asked nintendo and they said its up to capcom

Man, if they don't announce online mode together with the western release they have done themselves a major disservice with all this secrecy.

Mondriaan

Man, if they don't announce online mode together with the western release they have done themselves a major disservice with all this secrecy.
I think they'll announce a patch to add an online coop mode for Tri G in Japan before they announce anything about a western release.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they have no news about Tri G in the west during E3 because they're saving the hypothetical patch news for TGS.

Hellraider

I think they'll announce a patch to add an online coop mode for Tri G in Japan before they announce anything about a western release.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they have no news about Tri G in the west during E3 because they're saving the hypothetical patch news for TGS.

Online doesn't matter in Japan.It's the West that needs it.

Mondriaan

Online doesn't matter in Japan.It's the West that needs it.
As far as the Monster Hunter franchise is concerned, the west doesn't matter to Capcom.

Capcom will probably want a patch so that a handheld MH title can check off the online coop box unless MH4 is going to be ready by this winter.

fates

Not really, secrecy means they can go ahead and not release, but never officially say "yeah we're done with MH guys, lol"... keeping false hope up and preventing MH fans from jumping the Capcom ship and not buying their stuff on principle.

Hellraider

As far as the Monster Hunter franchise is concerned, the west doesn't matter to Capcom.

No arguments here.Potential aside, right now MonHun means nothing in the West.

Capcom will probably want a patch so that a handheld MH title can check off the online coop box unless MH4 is going to be ready by this winter.

Again, when it comes to handheld MonHun, online is irrelevant in Japan.Capcom definitely won't patch 3G and it's almost certain that 4 won't have online as well.

The whole online talk applies only to the supposedly localised version.

They have always said they'd try to implement online on the game, so they problably woulnd't want to announce it before making sure they can or cannot do it.

But they are being so criptic, I wonder if they have even bigger plans for the game. Maybe a Wii port? Maybe crossplay between Wii and 3DS? (lol, I know)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sven, from the blackest corner of my heart, know that I will never forget this endless, bitter torture. Your day of judgment will come.

Top Bottom