• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side |OT| Keiji Inafune wants to help you get laid

Considering it's a Japanese game with Japanese archetypes, I'm not sure why you'd get it and be disappointed none of the guys are your type. Kinda know what you're getting into, ya know?

...says the straight man buying the otome game, ready and willing to collect every dreamy guy.

Shirabe seems more interesting.

Subaru looks like one of those young guys who think wearing a suit somehow makes them better than you, I hate arrogant young guys haha, but appearances can be deceiving, so who knows.. (not saying all suits are like this, just that some people reek of arrogance ;))

Well he's a police inspector and charged with the security at the theme park.

Only fitting he wears a suit and it's not a bad thing he looks fine in it.

cj_iwakura

I bet more boys than girls would buy this. Interesting, since it's T for teen, indicating no sexing of any kind will ensue. The norm for most Otome games, but still.

Hakuoki was M, and that was just for the violence and blood. I think the most risque content in that game is Saitou running his hand through Chizuru's hair.

Persona86

Banned
I bet more boys than girls would buy this. Interesting, since it's T for teen, indicating no sexing of any kind will ensue. The norm for most Otome games, but still.

For me I like how weird and different the setting is. Uniqueness attracts me.

Also I like the rare game that has a female protagonist, variety is the spice of life.

pariah164

For me I like how weird and different the setting is. Uniqueness attracts me.

Also I like the rare game that has a female protagonist, variety is the spice of life.
I really like Saki, too. The hair is a bowl cut, but who cares? She's got spunk, and she's cute and attractive without dressing in a risque fashion. Many shades of Chie Satonaka in her character design; this is a good thing.

Only Ayumu looks bangable, tbh.

I am quite surprised that the Ace Attorney artist pretty much solely draws smutty yaoi, though.

As usual, the guys are not really my type for the most part. I'd probably go for Shirabe or Mitarashi, I guess.
I'm happy that this game actually has some variety, the majority of otome games don't.

So many times they look like exactly the same person, but just with a different haircut.

Persona86

Banned
I'm happy that this game actually has some variety, the majority of otome games don't.

So many times they look like exactly the same person, but just with a different haircut.

True, same with females. So many artists draw them really similar looking, the only difference being the hair and clothes.

Ok i'm not the target of otome games and all...
But those six guys are supposed to be beautiful?
Jeez either japanese girl have no self respect or this is aimed at female hikikomori..
Heck, out of those 3 would have some luck at being good looking in real life, the other....
Jeebus christ..

Jeez either japanese girl have no self respect or this is aimed at female hikikomori..
Heck, out of those 3 would have some luck at being good looking in real life, the other....
Jeebus christ..
The designs of this game are leaps and bounds above what they usually churn out. There is some actual variety this time.

You should check out the Otomate homepage and see what the designs usually comprise of. A sea of "pretty boy" sameness as far as the eye can see.

Jeebus christ..

"This isn't my thing at all and I don't understand the culture it comes from but I can make pretty awful judgements about it"

That's pretty much what you said.

It's a Japanese game that appeals to Japanese aesthetics. To insinuate that people who enjoy that aesthetic lack self-respect (the fuck?) or are "hikikomori" is insulting, shitty and pretty damn idiotic.

It's a game. With cartoon characters. The fuck does it matter if they don't look like real or realistic people? Who cares?

Sorry but I just found that entire post terrible.

Jawmuncher

So ill enjoy this more than hakuoki right?
That game took itself FAR to seriously the entire time I played. (Not to mention I really didnt care for the story or characters there).

Hakuoki was great, you cray.

And Gamestop has it if you pre-order it. If you don't, mehnno. I only know this because I...pre-ordered it and got a text saying to pick it up tomorrow. Today. Whatever.

For anyone wanting to see the game in motion, including some of the puzzle gameplay, here's a 10+ minute video of the game from the Japanese version. It contains some spoilers, but they seem to be very early on.

I'll add a link in the OP too.

pariah164

Hours Left's username is oddly appropriate for this thread right now.

I would love a midnight release, but LOL that never happens with Sony.

No reviews? I need to know how good the story is before I awkwardly pick which guy I like the most. (I never thought I'd ever have to type that.)

apricot

Wow for once the English cover is way better than the Japanese one. Major props to Aksys!

... I'm probably going to go for Mikasa first because I'm a creep. Really like the diversity of characters in the game, though

Guess I'll just have to depends on you guy's opinion then. So as long as the story's not seen as completely terrible, I'll probably give it a shot.

Squire

Banned
No reviews? I need to know how good the story is before I awkwardly pick which guy I like the most. (I never thought I'd ever have to type that.)

They sent out review codes, but we can't activate them until the game is live on the store. That alone will probably cut down on reviews. I'm gonna write one though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I guess I'll write impressions when I finish all the paths like I did with Hakuoki, too.

Though my first path is going to probably be determined by my friends when I get the game because I'll probably stream it for them first.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...Anyone pick this up in Canada yet (Hours Left, I'm looking in your direction if you're getting a hard-copy).

Just asking since it's now only up for pre-order here, so I assume we're not going to get it until Thursday or next week... and Muramasa/VLR were right on time which was pretty great.

Tizoc

Awww, yiss. My body is ready.

EDIT: 684 MB, for those wondering.

Luckily I have 1 GB left on my 32 GB mem card, enough for this gem <3
Eff it I have enough for this game, will grab it now, recharge come friday and i'm golden for future purchases~

pariah164

Luckily I have 1 GB left on my 32 GB mem card, enough for this gem <3
Eff it I have enough for this game, will grab it now, recharge come friday and i'm golden for future purchases~
I managed to scrape together enough. June and July were brutal on my wallet.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, doesn't seem they'll get anything until Thursday/Friday/Next week in Canada. Went to pick up Luigi and Miku and they didn't have it in, so I can wait.

I'm replaying Steins;Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling, sooooo I can wait for another VN.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Yup, the game is now out on PSN, hurray! :D

Feel free to let us know what you think of the game, and which hot manz you like the best! <3

Top Bottom