• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Pro Controller works nativley with PC

Does a "steam link beta" have different content from a steam beta?

no unfortunately, however you can still modify it's controls in Steam due the recently added feature of being able to remap controls for generic gamepads although native compatibility would be really nice for gyro and the screenshot button, oddly enough Steam actually detects my Pro Controller as an Xinput device when I'm pretty sure it's not.

I wish the Wii U Pro Controller was as easy to get working, I'd love to use it with my MacBook.

Look up "WiinUPro" if you haven't already, makes things fairly straightforward.

EDIT: never mind, it only supports Windows devices :/

Simple question. I think. If my PC has a Bluetooth adapter will the Pro controller connect and work with Steam games?

contrary to reports, the switch pro controller does not really work on pc, the analogs are fucked up on pc and i couldnt get the controller to properly work with steam

contrary to reports, the switch pro controller does not really work on pc, the analogs are fucked up on pc and i couldnt get the controller to properly work with steam
I've been using them just fine for 4 months and you can remap the controls in Steam easily, you do have to calibrate it in the control panel for the sticks to work correctly though.

Socreges

Banned

I've been using them just fine for 4 months and you can remap the controls in Steam easily, you do have to calibrate it in the control panel for the sticks to work correctly though.

Alright how do we arrive at a consensus here?

how would you do that? and also i when it try to get it to work on steam, it refuses to acknowledge the B button

snap

Banned
Anybody using this on PC much? Need a new PC controller after selling my XB1 and buying a steam link, and since I own a Switch, getting one of these to do double duty would seem like the best of both worlds. Reading some of the above posts makes it seem like it's a bit messy to get working, though?

STI

Anybody using this on PC much? Need a new PC controller after selling my XB1 and buying a steam link, and since I own a Switch, getting one of these to do double duty would seem like the best of both worlds. Reading some of the above posts makes it seem like it's a bit messy to get working, though?

It is why I am sticking with the Xbox One controller. It is the controller made for Windows. Native support form Microsoft itself, nothing else would get better support than that.

snap

Banned
It is why I am sticking with the Xbox One controller. It is the controller made for Windows. Native support form Microsoft itself, nothing else would get better support than that.

I got so used to my Lunar White controller that using one of the newer ones with bluetooth felt bad. Design was worse and it lacks those nice grips, but if I'm going to spend $70 for a new controller (as I would need to if I wanted one with those same grips), I might as well get one that I can use on my Switch as well.

Top Bottom