• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization launches this fall in the west (PS4/VITA)

Cornbread78

6s4fOUm.jpg

We knew it was coming, but it is good to get confirmation that it is coming this fall!

Specs:
•Platforms: PlayStation 4, PS Vita
•Developer: Aquria
•Genre: Action RPG
•Rating: RP
•Voiceover: Japanese
•Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese

Return to Aincrad in this all-new adventure

“Link start” into Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, an exciting new action RPG developed under the watchful eye of Sword Art Online creator Reki Kawahara. Kirito receives a single mysterious message – a cryptic “I’m back to Aincrad” – and is drawn once again into a familiar world in which he was once trapped.

Kirito and his friends are pulled into a VRMMORPG called “Sword Art: Origin,” a game housed on the same servers that hosted the death-game “Sword Art Online.” However this game is not quite the same one he escaped years ago…

Features
•A new original story. With a story supervised by Reki Kawahara, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization tells its own unique tale, one that will haunt and delight longtime fans as well as those discovering the expansive Sword Art Online universe for the first time.
•Old friends, new mysteries. Explore this new world of Ainground with Asuna, Leafa, Silica, Klein, and other old friends to discover the reason they’ve been brought back.
•Thrilling gameplay. A new battle system brings the excitement of an MMO to the single player experience!
•Robust online multiplayer. Play online with your friends.
Source:
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/sword-ar...zation-launches-fall-west#mKU3u3sElC02rIcr.99

Bandai Namco will host its next Sword Art Online game live stream on April 25 at 20:00 Japan time on Niconico

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2016/4680.html

Log out if old.

Onaco

Still not a fucking MMO. Still can't believe how incompetent these devopers are to be releasing an offline game that has "online" in its title.

Tohsaka

Will buy day one, I'm glad it seems to be more like Hollow Fragment since I liked that more than Lost Song.

RyoonZ

Banned
Damn SAO taking priority over Tales as it should be
Cant wait for this
Hopefully some .hack costume for Kirito

StereoVsn

This is supposed to be true sequel to the first game which had a much better combat system. I am probably in on Vita or maybe both if there is cross-save, depending on previews.

There are way, way too many games coming out. This and God Eater, and Final Fantasy and SO5 and other things. 2016, year of JRPG.

Still not a fucking MMO. Still can't believe how incompetent these devopers are to be releasing an offline game that has "online" in its title.

Really? Please tell me you're just trolling, because I honestly cannot tell.

I'm at least interested in what the online portion will be anyway. I doubt it'll be much.

Cornbread78

Hollow Fragment is in Aincrad while Lost Song is in whatever the 2nd MMO was called.

Get Hollow Fragment. It's way better.

What's the difference between the two SAO games for Vita on sale now? They're both cheap.

Yeah, Hollow Fragment plays off the MMO theme a lot more gameplay wise and is surprisingly deep in it's systems. I haven't finished LS just yet, but it has been pretty fun to play with the flying aspect of it. I'd definitely have to give the nod to HF though...

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke post of not :|

Excited for this! Had fun with the other games.

TheRook

A game being online can be a setting/location so it doesn't have to = online interaction.

Tohsaka

hot bars everywhere and the game looks amazing......WHY.......can't they just release a standard mmo already.

It'd be a massive undertaking, the budget for these games is nowhere near that of an MMO. It makes more financial sense to just make a new console/handheld game every year.

Cornbread78

hot bars everywhere and the game looks amazing......WHY.......can't they just release a standard mmo already.

It'd be a massive undertaking, the budget for these games is nowhere near that of an MMO. It makes more financial sense to just make a new console/handheld game every year.

A game being online can be a setting/location so it doesn't have to = online interaction.

I wonder how much it would cost to implement it if they did it like the Geonet was set up for White Knight Chronicles? How much of an investment did that take between Sony and Level-5?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Seeing how well Hollow Fragment did not a surprise there lol. Game is looking like it is shaping up nicely most def also. So quite excited for this.

ViciousDS

Banned
I wonder how much it would cost to implement it if they did it like the Geonet was set up for White Knight Chronicles? How much of an investment did that take between Sony and Level-5?

As much as people didn't like WKC..... It was probably one of my favorite RPGs. Especially when the second one came out and you could actually become a knight in online. Questing, guilds, I loved the social community behind the game. They could totally do something like this for SAO

Cornbread78

As much as people didn't like WKC..... It was probably one of my favorite RPGs. Especially when the second one came out and you could actually become a knight in online. Questing, guilds, I loved the social community behind the game. They could totally do something like this for SAO

It could really work with the SAO theme, it's just a matter of dev. costs, which would be the deciding factor. They could even get rid of the "build your own village" to save server space and expand the guild villages instead.

I hope to see an anime covering this.

Well, the movie is coming out soon and then on to season 3, which unfortunately, leaves most of the "fantasy world" behind.

Hikami

I know this'll only be the 3rd SAO game I'll have played (4th if Re:HF counts) but I'm starting to feel franchise fatigue. Hope it's different enough from the others. Which seems to be the case here anyways. Surprised to see it coming so soon.

Jeffrey

Pretty surprised this series isn't getting a pc version like basically every other 'animeish' bandai namco game announced today with a date for the west.

Must be a resource issue.

Guess its another reason to keep the ps4 around a bit longer!

Cornbread78

Pretty surprised this series isn't getting a pc version like basically every other 'animeish' bandai namco game announced today with a date for the west.

Must be a resource issue.

Guess its another reason to keep the ps4 around a bit longer!

Lol, well, with all the PS4 jrpgs coming out in the next year, there is definitely a reason to keep it around.

18-Volt

They're making this and Caligula at same time? Hardworking people. I'm looking forward to what they'll do next.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Top Bottom