• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell rolls out delivery service at 200 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.newsweek.com/taco-bell-begins-delivery-200-stores-351314

Taco Bell began delivery on Wednesday in over 200 stores, primarily on the West Coast. Los Angeles, Orange County, the San Francisco Bay Area and Dallas are the first to test out Taco Bell's long awaited delivery system.

The service works with DoorDash, an independent company that does deliveries. There's a $3.99 fee for the deliveries and it's customary to tip the driver.

In Taco Bell's test run of the delivery program, the company said it took an average 38 minutes to go from ordering your food to eating it.
The company ran tests in Dallas, Orange County, Palo Alto and San Jose.

"We’re testing and learning at the speed of the on-demand economy," Tressie Lieberman, VP of Innovation and On Demand at Taco Bell. "We’re thrilled to partner with DoorDash and leverage their like-minded commitment to customer service and innovation. This partnership enables us to provide consistent quality service and the feedback we need to elevate the delivery experience and evaluate where Taco Bell delivery goes next."

The company is also planning to expand their menu options at two locations in Chicago and San Francisco. Both will serve beer and wine.

Ashodin

3.99 and a tip?! You'll be spending near $10 extra on delivery. That goes against why we go to taco bell in the first place!

Jarate

Banned
3.99 and a tip?! You'll be spending near $10 extra on delivery. That goes against why we go to taco bell in the first place!

this is for when you are way too drunk/high to drive

usually people in that state wont mind the extra fee

Fox318

MHlSHLw.jpg

Delivery fee and tip are worth it for keeping drunk drivers off the streets.

I know I'd rather pay than be drunk at home and not eating Taco Bell :p

hydruxo

$3.99 plus a tip haha, no thanks. I live pretty close to a Taco Bell anyways so if I wanted to go there I'd just hit up the drive thru.

Tetraeon

God I hope this comes to Canada for cheaper. $3.99 is crazy but not that much if you and a few friends are all pitching in on a disgustingly sized order.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hmmmm......makes it tempting to move back to the US.

God I hope this comes to Canada for cheaper. $3.99 is crazy but not that much if you and a few friends are all pitching in on a disgustingly sized order.
Doesn't even have to be disgusting sized. You and a friend or two are too drunk to drive yet got the drunk munchies. $3.99 aint shit for a good helping of Taco Bell without leaving your fucking couch.

You could buy a lot of
Tacos for 4 bucks. No one tell Josh. Fatqb.gif

McDonalds charges $1 ($30NT) for delivery here in Taipei. A dollar. That, and from the time I punch it into the app till the time it arrives at my door, 10 minutes flat.

Beat that, Taco Bell!

rjinaz

So basically drunk food delivered right to you for a fee. I'm ok with this. Probably won' use it but once or twice a year though. Honestly have to wonder how viable this will be for them.

rjinaz

McDonalds charges $1 ($30NT) for delivery here in Taipei. A dollar. That, and from the time I punch it into the app till the time it arrives at my door, 10 minutes flat.

Beat that, Taco Bell!

Your McDonald's delivers? This is the real news here.

this is for when you are way too drunk/high to drive

usually people in that state wont mind the extra fee

But in a place like Los Angeles where there's somewhere to get tacos within walking distance of pretty much every person's house, why would they pay this?

Retrocide

$3.99 seems to be right around the price a third party company like food cab (Think uber...for food delivery) in our charges to deliver, so these won't be Taco Bell employees most likely.

hiryu2015

Here in the south peninsula, Doordash prices per item are already higher than listed prices found in-store or on Yelp, etc. I wanted to check how inflated the Doordash Taco Bell prices were but I wasn't sure of the actual in-store price since I haven't been to a taco bell in over 5 years. So I googled the price of the basic "crunchy taco" and found the identical item on Doordash.

Doordash: $1.50
Google result: $1.19

Other items I'm sure are also similarly priced, so it's more than just the delivery fee and customary tip.

tariniel

38 minutes. $3.99.

Can you imagine how cold your tacos are going to be in 38 minutes? Those fucking things are almost cold by the time I drive home after getting them.

The only time I could see this being a thing I would do is when I'm drunk at 2am. Will they even deliver at 2am?

Edit: Doesn't matter. I live in Orance County, CA, I have a Taco Bell within 1 mile, and their site map says no delivery locations.

Tetraeon

Hmmmm......makes it tempting to move back to the US.

Doesn't even have to be disgusting sized. You and a friend or two are too drunk to drive yet got the drunk munchies. $3.99 aint shit for a good helping of Taco Bell without leaving your fucking couch.

It's a drop in the bucket for drunk me.

Daria

nah, they're not getting a tip while charging me $3.99. that's more than my meals cost when i go there half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom