• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell rolls out delivery service at 200 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
38 minutes. $3.99.

Can you imagine how cold your tacos are going to be in 38 minutes? Those fucking things are almost cold by the time I drive home after getting them.

The only time I could see this being a thing I would do is when I'm drunk at 2am. Will they even deliver at 2am?

Edit: Doesn't matter. I live in Orance County, CA, I have a Taco Bell within 1 mile, and their site map says no delivery locations.

Forget coldness. They'd be soggy af too.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
nah, they're not getting a tip while charging me $3.99. that's more than my meals cost when i go there half the time

Delivery services that deliver anything take-out for you, like Favor and Postmates, charge about $5 in fees and usually add an additional $5+ in suggested tip for the driver (all of the tip going to the driver). This adds about $10 to the cost of your food, but you have the benefit of getting anything at any time and, as opposed to something like pizza delivery, your delivery driver goes straight from the restaurant location to your residence, usually waiting there for it to be ready to take, and isn't multitasking with other orders, so your food is as fresh as it could possibly be.

Tip the driver properly or don't use the service. It's how they get paid for their work. I suggest not using the service in this case, because five minute old Taco Bell is already turning into mush, and these markets all have proper delivery services like I described above for better food choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom