• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Hits PSP February 15th

oracrest

Much sooner than I expected!

tactics01.jpg

tactics02.jpg

I suppose this is a good as place as any to ask: I've heard this game, at least the original, featured perma-deaths like Fire Emblem. If that’s true is there anything in this version to make it more forgiving?

I'm sold on the visuals, music, style, premise, and the promise of a FFT like experience. Oh how I would love that. However I could say the same for Fire Emblem yet I always struggle to push through those games due to perma-deaths. I don’t enjoy the “challenge” of losing a character I’ve spent countless hours raising because I was less than perfect.

Skilletor

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I suppose this is a good as place as any to ask: I've heard this game, at least the original, featured perma-deaths like Fire Emblem. If that’s true is there anything in this version to make it more forgiving?

I'm sold on the visuals, music, style, premise, and the promise of a FFT like experience. Oh how I would love that. However I could say the same for Fire Emblem yet I always struggle to push through those games due to perma-deaths. I don’t enjoy the “challenge” of losing a character I’ve spent countless hours raising because I was less than perfect.

In the other thread, people said you could rewind turns so you don't make that fatal mistake. And, I think, an option similar to FFT where your deaded person won't stay deaded until after they've been deaded for three turns.

Yaweee

RuneFactoryFanboy said:

- There is an eventual resurrection spell.
- This version lets you rewind battles.
- It isn't as filled to the brim with one-hit-crit-death bullshit as Fire Emblem is.

Peff

Skilletor said:
I thought I was playing it wrong. Good to know that isn't just me.

You probably are :p. It's inevitable that it happens a couple of times, but situations where you don't get many chances to put one-hittable units safe are very rare.

Skilletor said:
In the other thread, people said you could rewind turns so you don't make that fatal mistake. And, I think, an option similar to FFT where your deaded person won't stay deaded until after they've been deaded for three turns.
Yaweee said:
- It isn't as filled to the brim with one-hit-crit-death bullshit as Fire Emblem is.
Thanks for the response guys.

Make room on the hype train!

Paznos

I have the GBA game and think I played an older title but can't remember which one but can't wait for this.

Grimmy

Banned
TheSeks said:
Okay. Now where is Parasite Eve 3? ;__;

The 3rd Birthday and Dissidia Duodecim are the only two left with the general Q1 2011 release dates.

But whyyyyyy must they release Tactics Ogre and Ys I & II Chronicles on the same day??? My wallet....

Decado

ARGH! I would love a PSN version. I just don't know if I can bring myself to buy a PSP for this game...let along play *any* game on such a tiny screen.

Decado said:
ARGH! I would love a PSN version. I just don't know if I can bring myself to buy a PSP for this game...let along play *any* game on such a tiny screen.
PSP on sale during black friday. buy a component cable to play on tv ;P

Peff

Yeah, I think the whole "logo and white background" works well for Final Fantasy but when you have Yoshida's artwork it's a crime not to make a super gorgeous cover.

Still, the important thing is the contents of the case :D

Hobbun

Peff said:
Yeah, I think the whole "logo and white background" works well for Final Fantasy but when you have Yoshida's artwork it's a crime not to make a super gorgeous cover.

Still, the important thing is the contents of the case :D

I don’t even like the logo with white background with Final Fantasy, they can do better than that.

But, I’ve never truly cared about boxart in the end. As you said, it’s the contents inside that matters. (And I also hope they have a color manual).

Zoe

May16 said:
Says to visit the official site to find out how to get the cards but I visited and didn't find shit. It's not updated yet (they don't have the release date, for example). Last update on there was Nov 4. :(
Ok, good, I'm not the only one.

Mr. Wonderful said:
Meh, getting the PSN version so that I can own it FOREVER.
CFW psp. rip the UMD and own it forever ;P and this includes tarot cards!! I'd lol if PSN version is the same price as UMD.

Looks like I shouldn't have posted the image directly from gamefly. In Canada it is the correct art, but I guess for people elsewhere it was showing up as the placeholder. My bad.

The actual game should be great, really looking forward to trying out the series for the first time.

CO_Andy

I like the box art, but it doesn't seem well-suited for the west.

The original cover would of been a better choice.

tacogre.jpg

lupin23rd

RuneFactoryFanboy said:

IIRC it's also not like Fire Emblem in the sense that not all characters are "main" characters, I remember having filler characters you can create at any time that get rotated out as main storyline guys come in.

Decado

DMPrince said:
PSP on sale during black friday. buy a component cable to play on tv ;P
How does that actually look? Tiny screen blown up to 46 inches. Hmmm....

Also, I live in Canada. We don't get deals like that.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Damn, I want those tarot cards... Probably they are gonna end up as pre-order crap that I can't get in-store :/

lupin23rd

RuneFactoryFanboy said:

IIRC it's also not like Fire Emblem in the sense that not all characters are "main" characters, I remember having filler characters you can create at any time that get rotated out as main storyline guys come in.

farnham

Banned
Yaweee said:
wut

Top Bottom