• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre PSP - TGS 2010 Trailer up! | ALL HAIL MATSUNO! LET US FAP FOREVER!

Glix

OMFG! Original FFT vibes all over my face.

I'm really hoping we get a PSP price drop when 3DS comes out, there are too many games on it that I need to play.

Either that or
*insert port begging here*!
:lol

Aeana

ilikeme said:
best remaking since REmake?
2A80o.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I'm in utter disbelief that I have a backlog of games on my PSP and at least 3 more on the horizon here when I finish what i'm playing now. Not counting psone classics. Cats and dogs, living together - mass hysteria!!

This looks awesome, its Square-Enix so I know we have no hope of a LE box here in the U.S. but the game will be enough.

KTallguy

Banned
The music is too amazing.... jesus.
The weather/spell effects look awesome too. thankfully optimized for the PSP this time :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just REALLY hope they fixed the loading issues with this iteration, nerf the archer, streamline the grind between levels, and maybe limit the amount of enemies.

Nothing broke the experience more than 'practice' between main levels to get levels for everyone.

Drinky Crow said:
between ys 7, valk 2, and phantasy star portable 2, psp is cleaning up this fall

The PSP has a totally nutso amount of quality games for a distant second place handheld system. It's a really good generation to have a bus commute. When I move next I'm going to do my best to stay on the bus lines like I am now. Trading a half an hour of playing VCII, Phantasy Star Portable 2 or Tactics Ogre for a half an hour of maddening commuting in a car would be a serious quality of life downgrade for me. Pretty much the only place that I get a chance to play longer JRPG / SRPG type games anymore.

Joule

Kuro Madoushi said:
I just REALLY hope they fixed the loading issues with this iteration, nerf the archer, streamline the grind between levels, and maybe limit the amount of enemies.

Nothing broke the experience more than 'practice' between main levels to get levels for everyone.

There weren't any loading issues in the original Snes version of the game and I really doubt they would leave such a thing in this remake.

Archer rebalancing is assumed I would think but hey who knows.

Honestly I don't think there's much necessary grind in TO at all. There might be some here and there situations where you progress to the next chapter and suddenly enemies are 3 levels above you for some reason or a particular battle where some unit is a little stronger than you're used to but I don't feel there was much need to grind overall. Training wasn't very necessary for the most part.

The enemy limit actually went up to 18 maximum while your max unit cap is at 12.

Joule said:
There weren't any loading issues in the original Snes version of the game and I really doubt they would leave such a thing in this remake.

Archer rebalancing is assumed I would think but hey who knows.

Honestly I don't think there's much necessary grind in TO at all.

Most RPGs and SRPGs are easy enough that you never need to grind if you have good strategies.

And I love the PSP video out.. playing Valkyria Chronicles II on my monitor looks great. I just imagine I'm playing a good PS2 game.

Yaweee

mjemirzian said:
Most RPGs and SRPGs are easy enough that you never need to grind if you have good strategies.

And I love the PSP video out.. playing Valkyria Chronicles II on my monitor looks great. I just imagine I'm playing a good PS2 game.

Unlike Ogre Battle, when you recruit a new character, they start at level 1, which will perma-die in one shot in any real battle. And the way that enemies are adjusted to your highest character's level (is that right, or only partially true?) made getting people at least a few levels within your lead's pretty important.

Top Bottom