• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI (no PC)

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Its doesn't matter which year we are, technology evolves, some things change but some things remains the same.

The PC version of GTA 4 came out 8 months later and had zero optimization in which the highest end PC of 2008 struggle to run it.

Its more easier to develop games for consoles than PCs, because consoles are just one set of hardware/driver
Still runs much better than on PS360. So...

charles8771

What is it with Rockstar and pc ports?

Is it simply a culture where they see themselves primarily as console developers and pc is just an afterthought?

Seems very strange, especially in 2023...well, 2025 at release.
The PC ports of GTA 4, San Andreas were trainwreck.

Its better to wait 1 or 2 years rather than having a crappy PC port at day one.
Well even thought GTA 4 and San Andreas came on PC months later.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The 2025 date may be adding Go Go Gadget legs to the length of current gen’s cycle. I’m all for that if PS5 pro is coming.

What, were you expecting next gen to arrive in the fall of 2025 until now? The general consensus (with leaked data to back it up) is 2028.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Lol why Rockstar always do the same? Fear of mods? That's very backwards. Well, y'all have it with improved graphics later anyway.

mrcroket

This thread right now

88czql.jpg

Thirty7ven

Banned
Lol why Rockstar always do the same? Fear of mods? That's very backwards. Well, y'all have it with improved graphics later anyway.

Combination of streamlining dev to deliver a solid launch and at the same time protect sales of your game.

If the game releases with technical hiccups on PC it’s getting bombed on steam and falling victim to a bunch of complaining. And such a mainstream game will invite a lot of piracy too.

This way they get to eat their cake and have it, and they’ve done it before to incredible success.

Flutta

Banned
It’s all about maximizing sales as much as possible. That includes double dippers and people who would’ve pirate it on PC. It’s a smart tactic tbh. Not many games can do what GTA does when it comes to making money.

Zathalus

You enjoy those meaningless numbers. I'll enjoy the game, that looks like this, thank you very much

SiLNk.png
I agree with this. Game looks fantastic as shown.
I'd never want to play a single player, story driven, cutscene heavy game in 120fps anyway. Disgusting.
This is puzzling however. More FPS is always better. I can enjoy a game at 30FPS, but I'd never choose it over 120FPS if I had the option.

SenkiDala

I mean anyway games like those are meant to played on a 55/65" screens and not tiny PC monitors (bubububububut you can plug your PC on a tv, yeah yeah hum).

The good thing also about console gamers is that they mostly buy their games and now download the iso with a crack.

Still would be happy when it releases on PC so everyone can play, a Switch 2 version might be good too.

Last edited:
I agree with this. Game looks fantastic as shown.

This is puzzling however. More FPS is always better. I can enjoy a game at 30FPS, but I'd never choose it over 120FPS if I had the option.

did you say?

Yep. After reading the first page of this thread i decided to fire back. I have an XBOX Series X and PS5 in my living room collecting dust and i would still rather wait. I would say to each his own but the console fanboys are beyond annoying.

You enjoy those meaningless numbers. I'll enjoy the game, that looks like this, thank you very much

SiLNk.png

I'd never want to play a single player, story driven, cutscene heavy game in 120fps anyway. Disgusting.

Yeah, because every single game ever looks exactly like it does in an early trailer LMAO.

damidu

Yep. After reading the first page of this thread i decided to fire back. I have an XBOX Series X and PS5 in my living room collecting dust and i would still rather wait. I would say to each his own but the console fanboys are beyond annoying.
nah acting surprised and throwing tantrums about something everyone and their mother knew all along is beyond annoying.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yeah, because every single game ever looks exactly like it does in an early trailer LMAO.
This isn't Ubisoft or CDPR. This is Rockstar games. They never downgrade. What we see is what we get.

This is what happens when a talented and budget rich studio makes a next gen game targeted at 30fps. Its so beautiful, the framerate warriors cant even believe it.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I've been here while actually couple years ago when the gen was starting but think things like this the and the way games are running on system speak forselfs. You literally very blind not see how effecting game development.
Trust me I know. But that argument has been made plenty of times. I should say, it hasn't stopped a bunch from making that argument anyway

Last edited:
There is also an issue that some just cannot play GTA (or any game for that matter) on consoles. I regularly play with a guy on GTA online that suffers from Multiple Sclerosis his disability means that he cannot play games on a console. So his only option is to wait and hope there will be a PC version and it doesn't take nearly 2 years after the console version (gta 5 was 20 months). But hey Rockstar got to get those double dips and fuck their player base.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

FrankWza

There is also an issue that some just cannot play GTA (or any game for that matter) on consoles. I regularly play with a guy on GTA online that suffers from Multiple Sclerosis his disability means that he cannot play games on a console. So his only option is to wait and hope there will be a PC version and it doesn't take nearly 2 years after the console version (gta 5 was 20 months). But hey Rockstar got to get those double dips and fuck their player base.
There's a PS5 access controller available tomorrow.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

If the game looks as good as this final product. I do not mind double dipping on PS5/Xbox ( whatever version runs better ) or even PS5 pro then on PC a year later.

I did the same for GTA5.

There's a PS5 access controller available tomorrow.

whilst it is good to see consoles making attempts to open up gaming to those with disabilities (I believe the xbox has had one for a while). There are other disabilities that cannot be catered for by just changing the controller. My friend that plays gta has extreme short sightedness because of his illness which means he has to play close up to the screen with the resolution set to low. He won't be double dipping to play gta 6 because his disability means he cannot play on a console.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I own both a PC with RTX 3090 and a ps5. I think I’d rather play it sooner on a ps5 pro and a big tv than wait years later and play it on pc with higher fidelity these days. Sure it may only be 30 fps or 1440p but I’ll be having fun years earlier.

Besides, even if you do buy Rockstar games on Steam… doesn’t launching the game just launch another launcher? (Meaning you have to have multiple installed?) On PS just boot up and play.

But then I think what if the PC version gets the full path tracing treatment that Cyberpunk got? That plus native 4k plus locked 60fps would be so nice. And the RTX 5090 will probably be out by then too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom