• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI (no PC)

Mowcno

The only way those numbers are accurate is if it's for the USA only. There's no way worldwide Xbox One and PS4 so the exact same amount of copies of GTA V. They also must be old numbers because by now the PS4 is definitely above the 360 in terms of GTA V sales.
It's info from Playtracker five years ago. It's basically like steamspy so it's probably highly inaccurate. As like you said there's no way that PS4 and Xbox One sales for GTA V are the same even back in 2018 lol.

outsida

And this is one of the reasons I still buy a console from one of the HD twins even though I build decent gaming PC's.

Toots

Gold Member
30K on a PC with your name printed on it lol
Sounds really stupid except when you can pass it for work expense...
I have an iphone 15 thanks to french taxpayer money, would have never gotten it with my own...

But yeah having ones name on his pc is extremely lame, whatever its price :messenger_grinning_sweat:

If you're going to call someone out for not using punctuation then use punctuation in your reply. That emoji is not punctuation. Ironically the paragraph you quoted is more correct than yours. There's no point in his post where punctuation wasn't used and is grammatically mandatory. 😂
You're wrong, I'm well aware of what constitutes punctuation. You obviously have only a basic understanding of the English language, I count 4 punctuation mistakes in his post. I'm guessing you're American?

Lokaum D+

PC gaming, hold this massive L

mayweather-for-you.gif
i ll just wait a year and play it for free, its a massive win.

Mowcno

You're wrong, I'm well aware of what constitutes punctuation. You obviously have only a basic understanding of the English language, I count 4 punctuation mistakes in his post. I'm guessing you're American?
I am British. You made a punctuation mistake in this post too. It should not be a comma after language. 👍

What do you expected folks?
The last GTA took 1 year and a half to get the PC version
GTA 5 came out on September 2013, but on PC it came out on April 2015

Rockstar's last game(RDR 2) came out on October 2018 but the PC version came out on November 2019

Senua

What do you expected folks?
The last GTA took 1 year and a half to get the PC version
GTA 5 came out on September 2013, but on PC it came out on April 2015

Rockstar's last game(RDR 2) came out on October 2018 but the PC version came out on November 2019
We all know, this thread was just made for for peeps to gloat lol

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
You've literally written a paragraph with zero punctuation 😆 you really are a total and utter ignoramus.
There's a dot at the end of the paragraph. That's punctuation. Besides the fact that you've now resorted to ignore the topic because you got schooled, allow me to refer to Mark Cerny.

20200329001524.jpg

Less than a month to get up to speed for the devs with the PS5 yet you stupidly claim that they haven't pushed the platform when it's been out for 3 years. Apparently, every dev, including 1st-party ones, are incompetent and write "garbage code". That's rich coming from an armchair developer.

Compare that to the PS3 that took up to a year.

20200329001216.jpg

This isn't 2006 when devs were bitching about how hard it was to squeeze power of the PS3. Developers now know the PS5 very well and have certainly pushed it. That still doesn't mean games cannot look even better as software evolves even if hardware remains unchanged. Last but not least, it's ironic that you mentioned Alan Wake as having "nice lighting" only to then dismiss when it's the first major game in the west to use mesh shaders. Y'know, technology that actually uses the newer hardware available.

But by now it's clear you don't know WTF you're talking about and any dev would laugh in your face for suggesting they don't know how to use a platform they've been using for over 3 years and write garbage code.

Over and out.

Last edited:

R3TRODYCE

Well, at least it is good enough to be able to play GTA6 in 2025 unlike PC.
If that’s the bar then so is a Series S but who wants to play on that. I find it a bit comical how offended console fans get when you say the obvious truth but don’t worry I have 2 ps5’s and 2 Xbox series so I’ll be playing it anyway.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
I don't know why everyone is talking about PS5 Pro...I don't even think Rockstar released a GTA 5 patch for the Pro consoles last time. So you'd likely be playing the PS5 version regardless.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone is talking about PS5 Pro...I don't even think Rockstar released a GTA 5 patch for the Pro consoles last time. So you'd likely be playing the PS5 version regardless.

PS5 Pro support is mandatory after the console releases

They couldn't release the game in 2025 without PS5 Pro support

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Rockstar shot themselves in the foot. This is unacceptable in 2023. They'll have to deal with the consequences of ignoring PC gamers.

Sad Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Take Two confirm that they like money by delaying the PC release. I'm not falling for that again. I'll game share the PS5 version probably and then buy the PC one.

Codeblew

If that’s the bar then so is a Series S but who wants to play on that. I find it a bit comical how offended console fans get when you say the obvious truth but don’t worry I have 2 ps5’s and 2 Xbox series so I’ll be playing it anyway.
It's just fun and games. I always have a decent gaming/productivity PC. I will be getting GTA6 day 1 on PC as well. Yes, I am part of the problem.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Of course, the timing almost lines up perfectly with the next-gen consoles.

2025: Current-gen consoles
2026/2027: Enhanced PC version
2027/2028: Next-gen port based on PC version

You damn well know most won't resist and wait 1-2 years to play it on PC. They'll buy it when an enhanced version with path tracing and new graphics comes out, they'll buy it again. Then perhaps a third time for their PS6.
The next next gen port will be insane.

ReBurn

Gold Member
For the fools claiming it won't look like this on consoles, the original RDR2 trailer

Looked like that on console, well whaddya know.

I'm surprised you understand even layman's terms if I'm honest. Not even half way through this generation and you fools are claiming we've seen the best the consoles have to offer 🤣 do yourself a favour and look at previous generations for proof of how a closed box can be pushed by talented developers, ignoramus.

I don't know that I'd be calling people fools for talking about downgrades in RDR2 from the trailers Rockstar released. There's plenty of video evidence that shows differences in lighting, shadows, reflections, fog, ambient occlusion and so on between what was in trailers and what was in the release version. Here's just one:

Some people think the game looks better than the trailers and some think it's a downgrade. But what was released is definitely not the same as the trailer. That said, it's still a really beautiful game, especially on last gen's pro model hardware. This game being in native 4K was one of the reasons I bought a One X.

tkscz

He's not wrong.... The series S is just a ps4 pro with a better cpu and an ssd. Hardly a generational upgrade at all.
GDDR6 is a significant upgrade of GDDR5X, the generational gap in architecture from GCN4 to RDNA 2 is easily large enough to be far more than "hardly" and don't get me started with "BuT tHe FlOpS" because FLOP count by itself is meaningless without considering the rest of the hardware.

The series S' biggest issue isn't being better than last gen upgrades, but is being a significant downgrade from the series X and PS5. The same architectural upgrades that the X supports, the S also supports but doesn't have the extra power to run it as well. I couldn't care less about the console since I game on PC, but the hyperbole against the series S hardware is getting ridiculous.

Mortisfacio

What. There are still run of graves that never hit pc. The last guardian, shadow of the colossus etc

Pass on last guardian. Already played Shadow of the Colossus. Didn't need to spend money on yet another remake. It's all devs seem to be able to churn out these days.

BrunoCoel

Huge influx of series s sales to play this game. It will be the cheapest entry point for those yet to make the jump.
imagine buying a Series S in 2025. I doubt people Will care for it even if it’s priced at $150.

Last edited:

chlorate

What are the key new gameplay features of GTA6, anyway? By the end of GTA5 I was just flying the Deluxo around everywhere and using heat-seeking missiles on random street criminals to complete fetch quests. It was kind of monotonous.

BrunoCoel

You live in a world where people were perfectly fine buying Hogwarts legacy on Switch. Not everyone is crazy about cutting edge visuals.
The difference is that the Switch had an amazing run with sales while the Series S is failing in every market.

Caio

I'm sure it will but most won't shell out $600-650 for a PS5 Pro when they already have a PC capable of playing it.

I'll get a PS5 Pro because I've always owned a console but I definitely wouldn't buy an entire system for 1 game that I don't even consider good anyway.
Yeah, got it. People who already have a PS5 or XSX, will play on it and they will never wait a year and half for the PC Version. These waiting for the PC version, are the PC only gamers ;)
By the way, PS5 PRO might be a good option for the ones who are willing to trade their base PS5 for a PS5 PRO, or people like me who only owns a XSX, and want another Next Gen Console, and prefer to wait for the PRO Model of PS5, or the ones who will buy a PS5 PRO as their first Next Gen Console. Now, I'm not gonna buy a PS5 PRO for GTAVI, but, if this Thing is coming out by Nov 2024, I'll buy it 'cause I want a playstation close to my XBox, and why not, to play GTAVI in 2025 on my new PS5 PRO.

Alebrije

Since this Game Will last 10 years I Will wait for PS6 to play it at 60fps 4k. Ray Tracing and other stuff.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
The difference is that the Switch had an amazing run with sales while the Series S is failing in every market.

I don’t believe there’s any evidence of the Series S SKU performing abysmally in any market where Xbox remains competitive.

But this is a diversion, since the conversation was around the visual ability of the Series S, not about sales.

onQ123

I have literally not heard one person say "Ill buy an Xbox for this"

This will be 80-20% ratio on PS5 vs X.
Even when the leaks was happening I seen casuals all over socal networks saying " I have to get a PS5 for this"

What the hell has Xbox done to themselves?

Top Bottom