• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI (no PC)

Disco Dave

How the fuck is series s going to handle that density of models and textures?
YpB3gM1.jpg

Juza

I haven't played GTA 5 yet! So no big deal for me. probably I'll get the premium edition for 10 bucks or less in 2028.

Pretty sure, cause they know. Every PC owner that have a PS5 or XSX. Will double dip for the PC version of the game. Let’s say, 20mil buy it the first year on consoles. Of those 20mil, 8mil of them have a pc too. So they will buy it again on pc year later.

SCB3

Not sure, this chart is all I could find on sales per platform. (and it's data from 2018)
Keep in mind, GTAV is constantly in the top 5, and often number 1 for consoles.

gta-3.png
Yea 5 years ago though, I imagine the sales numbers and splits would be much higher, this was before RP servers really took off as well

Guess I'll be waiting for PC since that's what this trailer was obviously running on. Crowd density and other CPU driven physics features are going to strangle these consoles. Rockstar won't get any more out of these consoles than CD Projekt Red, Insomniac, or Guerilla got with their open world games. Until I see non trailer gameplay I won't believe otherwise.
😅 more utter nonsense, these consoles haven't been pushed yet and certainly not by a last gen game, a cross gen game and a graphically underwhelming Spider-Man 2.

Seriously this is Rockstar they are on another level to everyone else, the Studios you mentioned are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.

Mister Wolf

😅 more utter nonsense, these consoles haven't been pushed yet and certainly not by a last gen game, a cross gen game and a graphically underwhelming Spider-Man 2.

Seriously this is Rockstar they are on another level to everyone else, the Studios you mentioned are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.

These consoles were pushed with Alan Wake 2 and any game utilizing UE5's Lumen and Nanite together including Lords Of The Fallen and Robocop. These consoles were pushed with Cyberpunk 2077 especially its expansion which does not have a last gen version. There is no "special sauce". Stalker 2 will be another game pushing these consoles. When you see the stripped down textures, reduction in crowd density, and 1080-1440p DRS internal resolution at 30fps of the actual release you'll understand.

Last edited:
These consoles were pushed with Alan Wake 2 and any game utilizing UE5's Lumen and Nanite including Lords Of The Fallen and Robocop. these consoles were pushed with Cyberpunk 2077 especially its expansion which does not have a last gen version. There is no "special sauce". Stalker 2 will be another game pushing these consoles.
No, wait and see next year and 2025. AW2 is nothing special at all, nice lighting that's it. Cyberpunk is a last gen game, hence it ran on last gen tech, come on get real, it's Rockstar.

Bojji

Who told you the console wont have "good fps and resolution"?

Likely game of the generation from a franchise that hasn't released in over a decade with 2 generations worth of engine upgrades and your response is:

You aint fooling anyone. Your dosage needs a massive boost.

Cry Love GIF by Pudgy Penguins

GTA 3, VC, SA, 4 and 5 had horrible performance at launch on their target platforms.

There is HIGH chance that GTA6 won't be any different.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Why you should wait 1-2 years to play it on PC, when GTAVI will look stellar on a PS5 PRO...just curious...
I'm sure it will but most won't shell out $600-650 for a PS5 Pro when they already have a PC capable of playing it.

I'll get a PS5 Pro because I've always owned a console but I definitely wouldn't buy an entire system for 1 game that I don't even consider good anyway.

Gaiff

The chart is also wrong stating that the GTA series was exclusive to the Playstation 2
It says GTA III, VC, and SA were all originally exclusive to the PS2 and that's true. They came to other platforms later. The first GTA Xbox got day 1 is GTA IV.

The fuck do you think this is? Of course they have been pushed. Technology evolves and engines iterations are being improved for faster and better results. The hardware in the consoles isn't changing. Software solutions just get better.

It says GTA III, VC, and SA were all originally exclusive to the PS2 and that's true. They came to other platforms later. The first GTA Xbox got day 1 is GTA IV.

The fuck do you think this is? Of course they have been pushed. Technology evolves and engines iterations are being improved for faster and better results. The hardware in the consoles isn't changing. Software solutions just get better.
WTF are you spouting you ignoramus, any tech can be pushed by garbage coding that doesn't mean that's what the tech is capable of. Basically what I was saying to my simple friend in that post.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Can’t say I blame Rockstar.

PC release is one and done.

Consoles you can milk, with a few releases by leaving them stranded with the 30fps broken launch edition.

You only get one shot at getting PC gamers to double dip, and that’s by releasing the inferior console version first.

Last edited:
For the fools claiming it won't look like this on consoles, the original RDR2 trailer

Looked like that on console, well whaddya know.
The irony in this post is almost palpable.

"garbage coding" lol.
I'm surprised you understand even layman's terms if I'm honest. Not even half way through this generation and you fools are claiming we've seen the best the consoles have to offer 🤣 do yourself a favour and look at previous generations for proof of how a closed box can be pushed by talented developers, ignoramus.

Gaiff

I'm surprised you understand even layman's terms if I'm honest. Not even half way through this generation and you fools are claiming we've seen the best the consoles have to offer
Literally no one said that but we've established that you're a cretin who can't read so by all means keep thinking all games so far have "garbage coding" and that devs are too incompetent to utilize hardware they've had in their hands for probably 3-4 years with the dev kits.

Portugeezer

I'm sure it will but most won't shell out $600-650 for a PS5 Pro when they already have a PC capable of playing it.

I'll get a PS5 Pro because I've always owned a console but I definitely wouldn't buy an entire system for 1 game that I don't even consider good anyway.
Luckily they can also buy a PS5 to play the smash hit, Destruction Allstars.

GymWolf

GTA 3, VC, SA, 4 and 5 had horrible performance at launch on their target platforms.

There is HIGH chance that GTA6 won't be any different.
People expecting locked framerate on console are in for a bad surprise...
PC getting shitty broken ports for years but still people here claiming that it'll be the superior version cos graphics.
And what would be the best version if not the one with higher res, higher framerate and better graphic? The ps5 pro version? :LOL:

Graphic and performance is exactly how you decide the best version of a game since the contents are all the same.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Simple. XSS is the lead platform (the game must run on 8GB of ram) then game is ported to PS5 / XSX.

This is absolutely true, and the sooner people accept it the better.

This game (nor any other required to run on XSS) is going to push the boundaries of gameplay mechanics or graphical fidelity.

WitchHunter

Banned
Pretty sure, cause they know. Every PC owner that have a PS5 or XSX. Will double dip for the PC version of the game. Let’s say, 20mil buy it the first year on consoles. Of those 20mil, 8mil of them have a pc too. So they will buy it again on pc year later.
Why would you buy it again on pc? Storytelling in gta was shit since Vice City, never replayed any of these games. Play once on console, then sell it away if it was shit. If it was good, you can put it on top of your cabinet.

Literally no one said that but we've established that you're a cretin who can't read so by all means keep thinking all games so far have "garbage coding" and that devs are too incompetent to utilize hardware they've had in their hands for probably 3-4 years with the dev kits.
You've literally written a paragraph with zero punctuation 😆 you really are a total and utter ignoramus.

Mowcno

You've literally written a paragraph with zero punctuation 😆 you really are a total and utter ignoramus.
If you're going to call someone out for not using punctuation then use punctuation in your reply. That emoji is not punctuation. Ironically the paragraph you quoted is more correct than yours. There's no point in his post where punctuation wasn't used and is grammatically mandatory. 😂

Top Bottom