• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Think I'll get this on PC. Xillia, Graces and Zestiria couldn't keep my attention, Vesperia was the last Tales game I played from start to finish. Any PC discounts any where?

If you own Zestiria or Symphonia on Steam the game is 45.

Bladenic

About to start the game; I'll be streaming at twitch.tv/chriswvu if anyone is interested

The opening animation is amazing! Love the song too.

The scenario mode was completely unstreamable I think, so I'm guessing the full game is stringent with cutscenes too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Shipped from Amazon. Alright!

Holy crap, Dat OT! Well done sir, well done.

Ordered the CE from Namco, but in the order email they left out the tracking info. Bastards.

Still not even a delivery estimate on mine...

Saw someone one GFaqs say they were told they wouldn't be able to get theirs until March, really hope that's not the case, I don't want to end up going digital on this. Fortunately I have a few other things to keep me occupied (once those actually get here) but if there isn't an estimate by the end of the week I'll probably have to order somewhere else.

Still not even a delivery estimate on mine...

Saw someone one GFaqs say they were told they wouldn't be able to get theirs until March, really hope that's not the case, I don't want to end up going digital on this. Fortunately I have a few other things to keep me occupied (once those actually get here) but if there isn't an estimate by the end of the week I'll probably have to order somewhere else.
Friend of mine had the same issue. He pre-ordered his CE way back in October and Amazon told him they estimate his arrival sometime in March. Needless to say he's pissed, I would be too.

Makikou

Need to give this game a go, story sounds about 2343543645645 times better than Graces which is the last ToX I played.

Friend of mine had the same issue. He pre-ordered his CE way back in October and Amazon told him they estimate his arrival sometime in March. Needless to say he's pissed, I would be too.

It's especially annoying since I didn't even order the CE, just the standard edition.

OrochiJR

The game looks pretty cool, but I just started Zestiria a few weeks ago. I will push through that one and will get Berseria down the line when it's a little cheaper. The game releases in early 2017 are absolutely insane...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
About a couple hours in and still wrapping up the prologue I think.

Game looks nicer than Zestiria for sure, especially having it so fresh in my mind from playing it recently. Even in the early zones there is far more detail in the environments, improved character models as well. It's still clearly the same PS3 tech, but given a visual upgrade for sure. Music is hit and miss so far, but the story setup is engaging. Very refreshing not to be playing a jRPG with a plucky bunch of kids spreading their noble goodwill across the land for once.

Not sure how much I am feeling the combat structure yet, but I need time to settle in, playing on Hard and it's been rather breezy(still in tutorial mode though). Way more responsive with a tighter flow than Zestiria for sure though.

Completely unrelated to this game but does anyone know the full file size of Tales of Link? downloading in the app and it's taking fucking forever.

Bladenic

I thought I unlocked a shirtless outfit for Rokurou but alas, it wasn't so.

Anyway, first boss down. I'm on Hard, fought the first "strong" enemy (Giganto types) and it wasn't too bad but had to use a few life bottles. Velvet is just so good though.

Lnds500

Do yourcopie allow to use the share button? I have a review copy andit doesn't. Still very early on, i am at the first village

rocK`

Banned
How would they implement it? The host player makes progress and the guest gets jack shit? Would you even want to join a player at hour 30 when you are at hour 2? (Or vice versa?)

The entire game framework would have to fundamentally change to make co-op meaningful or else they are budgeting for infrastructure entirely around private sessions for friends, which makes no practical business sense(especially since couch co-op exists for that). The franchise is already adopting a rather paltry budget as is feeding a niche audience, much of which must be tied into full voice acting across multiple languages alone(and there is a metric fuckton of it!)

What do you really want from online co-op anyway? Planned sessions with friends to experience the progression together? Would you really plan scheduling around a 60 hour game to do so?

Planned sessions with friends. We did that for Symphonia.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yep, I just checked the Amazon page and it says "Temporarily out of stock." My order status still says "Delivery date pending," so I guess I'm not getting my copy any time soon...

yup kingdom hearts and yakuza are arriving today

Berseria is sadly now on back burner due to amazon.....which just displays not yet shipped and no estimage.......whatever, not like I was going to play basically 3 JRPG's at once.

Seriously? They actually point out the share button on the control page.. :p

Yes, all tales games on current gen for PS4 basically have no ability to share. My buddy was streaming for an hour not realizing it was blocked the entire time lol

Renewed

You'd see a message saying "recording has been blocked for this scene" but it would usually apply to everything iirc from Zestiria. I'd just use a game capture device.

Jolkien

Is the only purpose of the items in the category Salvaged Item just to sell to vendors to make Gald ? Or they have other purposes ?

TheFatMan

Picking this up from Gamestop after work, pretty excited.

I wonder what the screw up is at Amazon? I've ordered dozens of PS4 games from them and only ever had one show up a day late.

kromeo

If I start the game I hard can I lower the difficulty later if I want? Or am i stuck on hard?

Based on all recent tales games you'll want to put the difficulty up to moderate for normal battles at least, maybe lower to normal for bosses

Zhao_Yun

Based on all recent tales games you'll want to put the difficulty up to moderate for normal battles at least, maybe lower to normal for bosses

Any bonuses for playing on harder difficulty like in Graces? Didn't like Moderate in Xillia since enemies simply turned into bullet sponges...

kromeo

The difficulty of bosses tends to be all over the place in the games, might as well just start with normal and see how it goes, you can change it at any time

Bladelaw

So if I liked Vesperia, Hearts R, and Zestiria, odds are pretty good I'll dig this too then? Probably my next game after I finish Dark Souls.

Still nothing on my CE preorder from October from Amazon. Never been screwed this badly by them before, now I'm a bit worried about my Switch pre-order there.

If this doesnt ship out and really is delayed until March, I'll probably just pass on the game all together until a price drop. I really wanted this CE as I have all the past ones.....not much urgency without it when I havent even opened up GR2/RE7/KH 2.8 yet.

Out of stock on Amazon today (the regular SKU, not the CE). So I'm heading down to pick it up at my local Best Buy, which according to the website has "less than three" (two? one?) copies on the shelf. On release day. Is this game going to be hard to find or something?

jrush64

Banned
Out of stock on Amazon today (the regular SKU, not the CE). So I'm heading down to pick it up at my local Best Buy, which according to the website has "less than three" (two? one?) copies on the shelf. On release day. Is this game going to be hard to find or something?

I just got the ok from my best buy to go and pick up Tales and Yakuza. I don't get whats up with Amazon today

Cornbread78

They haven't said as much, When I picked up my copy last night, they had a bunch of copies at GS.

Rpgmonkey

Any bonuses for playing on harder difficulty like in Graces? Didn't like Moderate in Xillia since enemies simply turned into bullet sponges...

Going by what I can recall off the top of my head there's various tweaks to the "behind-the-scenes math" that give you a couple advantages and disadvantages against enemies, you get better grade bonuses (useful for farming grade and learning skills faster), there's a drop in experience earned, an increase in gald earned, and IIRC you can get more and better item drops.

Basically yes it's like Graces and it's not just a stat multiplier, you're disadvantaged in some ways but the mechanics move at an accelerated pace so you can take advantage of them sooner.

Is there any DLC for this game besides costumes/cosmetic changes? (e.g. Gald, Materials sets, +5 Levels, etc.)

Couldn't find any on PSN but didn't know if it was a region thing.

I remember the week when Tales of the Abyss came out for the PS2, I beat the game in a single week with about 50 hours of playtime, and then the same thing happened for me with Vesperia. I hope this game has the same effect for me, should be coming in the mail today.

Edit: Oh wow, out of stock on Amazon, thats good.

Zhao_Yun

Going by what I can recall off the top of my head there's various tweaks to the "behind-the-scenes math" that give you a couple advantages and disadvantages against enemies, you get better grade bonuses (useful for farming grade and learning skills faster), there's a drop in experience earned, an increase in gald earned, and IIRC you can get more and better item drops.

Basically yes it's like Graces and it's not just a stat multiplier, you're disadvantaged in some ways but the mechanics move at an accelerated pace so you can take advantage of them sooner.

Sounds good! Thanks for the info :)

Base.com just shipped my copy. Hopefully it will arrive in Germany soon.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is there any DLC for this game besides costumes/cosmetic changes? (e.g. Gald, Materials sets, +5 Levels, etc.)

May be up with today's usual psn store update, nothing available as of the midnight launch.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Just cosmetic stuff even in Japan. Also items and whatnots.

Kirie

Shows up for me here at least on the NA PSN.

I'm a sucker for costumes, so I bought that miscellaneous costume set with the Japanese, Fairy, and Menagerie ones ._. I really wanted the pirate set but I don't see them up yet.

straylize

Shows up for me here at least on the NA PSN.

I'm a sucker for costumes, so I bought that miscellaneous costume set with the Japanese, Fairy, and Menagerie ones ._. I really wanted the pirate set but I don't see them up yet.

Well, this is the dumbest, most scamco-like decision I've seen in a while. If this is how they're going to do the costume sets, they're not getting my money this time—I'm not paying 10 bucks for the two costumes I want in the set.

And they're out-of-order from the jpn release on top of it, leaving out characters from having no DLC until whenever...

Top Bottom