• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy1456

IceIpor said:
Judging from the short intro on the official site for ToG, it seems like there's a compass and the game will involve sailing the ocean as its main theme... And somehow the ocean connects to the moon? Either that, or there's going to be a day-night system? I don't know.

The moon affects the ocean's tides in real life.

Jiggy

A tidal system like in that one Eternia dungeon would be nice, and so would a day/night system. (Though hopefully not like in Vesperia where some locations are always day and some always night.) I'd love either one.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
So do I sell my Wii or do I keep it in hopes that this will ever make it here? Because I don't think it will. Oh and the character design is fucking amazing.

Rpgmonkey

TheCardPlayer said:
So do I sell my Wii or do I keep it in hopes that this will ever make it here? Because I don't think it will. Oh and the character design is fucking amazing.

With the exception of ports, we've gotten every 3D Tales game on a console so far. I'd say Graces has pretty good chances.

ToV PS3 and VS are the ones that have some iffy chances on coming over.

TheCardPlayer

Yeah well, in case you haven't noticed NOA seems to think that hardcore games aren't going to do well in NA anymore. So I guess Europe will get it and we never will.

Aeana

TheCardPlayer said:
Yeah well, in case you haven't noticed NOA seems to think that hardcore games aren't going to do well in NA anymore. So I guess Europe will get it and we never will.
But... Nintendo doesn't publish Tales games.

TheCardPlayer

They'll probably buy the publishing rights like TOS and not publish it here just so the soccer moms are satisfied that their kids aren't playing ''the violence''.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Aeana said:
But... Nintendo doesn't publish Tales games.

Nintendo didn't publish Fatal Frame games before either. Look what happened when they got the rights for one. [/NoA sucks post]

Hypothetically speaking, natch. Hopefully Bamco decides to self-publish it.

Lightning

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
With the exception of ports, we've gotten every 3D Tales game on a console so far. I'd say Graces has pretty good chances.

ToV PS3 and VS are the ones that have some iffy chances on coming over.
If crap like Eternal Sonata can make it over surely TOV can? I hope it does... I want to play it. :lol

Where are people getting the idea that this is a Team Destiny game? As much as I much prefer Team Destiny over Team Symphonia, I actually don't want them to stop making 2D Tales, but at the same time it gives me great hope for a 3D battle system that is on par with the 2D ones.
Lightning said:
If crap like Eternal Sonata can make it over surely TOV can? I hope it does... I want to play it. :lol
When did you start getting into Tales games? :p

Lightning

Banned
Magicpaint said:
When did you start getting into Tales games? :p
I can recall telling you quite some time ago, before the game was even released, I wanted to play it. Looks like an awesome game although I am VERY green on Tales games. Don't know much about them but it looks fun from the videos I've seen. :D

Anyway, PM me how you have been man. You need a much better communication line. :lol

Lightning

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
Ever since one was announced for PS3 apparently. :lol
Argh... don't even start that shit...

Me and Magicpaint had a MSN conversion regarding this game over a year ago... I won't go into it any further than that but knock that shit off.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
TheCardPlayer said:
Don't be ridiculous, NOA has nothing to do with this. Plus DotNW is the 2nd/3rd best selling Tales of game in the US. So I would be shocked if Graces didn't get localized at some point.

Lightning said:
I can recall telling you quite some time ago, before the game was even released, I wanted to play it. Looks like an awesome game although I am VERY green on Tales games. Don't know much about them but it looks fun from the videos I've seen. :D

Anyway, PM me how you have been man. You need a much better communication line. :lol
I don't remember. I do however remember you refusing to play Abyss when I told you to. :p

All you need to know about Tales games (i.e the ones done by the Tales Studio teams) is that they're worth your time.

jeremy1456

Lightning said:
Argh... don't even start that shit...

Me and Magicpaint had a MSN conversion regarding this game over a year ago... I won't go into it any further than that but knock that shit off.

I was mostly joking.

Mostly.

Is the conversation you had with magicpaint about the game kind of like that one time you ordered an xbox 360 for Infinite Undiscovery? :lol

Lightning

Banned
Magicpaint said:
I don't remember. I do however remember you refusing to play Abyss when I told you to. :p

All you need to know about Tales games (i.e the ones done by the Tales Studio teams) is that they're worth your time.
I remember that, I never did play ToA as it got drowned in my FF whoring at the time. :lol

Lightning

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
You also publicly discussed your opinion on it.

Here

Oh Lightning :lol
Dude, do I really need to post a fucking MSN convo on GAF to just shut you the fuck up? Seriously man, Fuck off.

And it's not uncommon knowledge that i was butthurt about ToV exclusivity which resulted in a few negative comments regarding it, despite always wanting to play it.

Eteric Rice

Lightning said:
Dude, do I really need to post a fucking MSN convo on GAF to just shut you the fuck up? Seriously man, Fuck off.

And it's not uncommon knowledge that i was butthurt about ToV exclusivity which resulted in a few negative comments regarding it, despite always wanting to play it.

You sound mad.

jeremy1456

Lightning said:

No need to get so defensive, it's just light-hearted banter.

TheCardPlayer

Lightning said:

So you never played it but you reviewed it at GameFAQS and gave it a 6/10? Interesting. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
grandjedi6 said:
It's amazing that I can (probably) accurately describe each character's personality just from their character art here

Nah, thats just a sad fact of JRPGs these days.

Lightning

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
So you never played it but you reviewed it at GameFAQS and gave it a 6/10? Interesting. :lol
Huh? That wasn't me...

And I do not post on gamefaqs nor do I even have an account there.

TheCardPlayer said:
. . . WTH you talken bout?

Regulus Tera said:
Nintendo didn't publish Fatal Frame games before either. Look what happened when they got the rights for one. [/NoA sucks post]
From what we recently know FF4 aint being pubed by NoE either . . . so what now?

pakkit

Banned
Black-Wind said:
From what we recently know FF4 aint being pubed by NoE either . . . so what now?
Tecmo said Fatal Frame 4 was blocked by Nintendo of America . . .so what now?

smug.gif

TheCardPlayer

Black-Wind said:
. . . WTH you talken bout?
NOA's got the rights to FFIV and they won't publish it here because it's a good game with actual gameplay and it's not what the public wants. People want shitty mini-game compilations.

Who's to say they won't cockblock any future game by refusing them to be released here?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
TheCardPlayer said:
Your only review too. :lol

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/81167.html?type=4

Use different usernames people. :lol Love how it's the only review too. :D
You're joking, right?

TheCardPlayer said:
NOA's got the rights to FFIV and they won't publish it here because it's a good game with actual gameplay and it's not what the public wants. People want shitty mini-game compilations.

Who's to say they won't cockblock any future game by refusing them to be released here?
Yeah, you're joking. Too much stupidity from one thread for a person :/

Jiggy

Dude, I think a large number of even very forgiving posters have turned against NOA by now, but at least keep your Nintendo-related bitterness in Nintendo-related threads instead of derailing conversations about a game made by a third-party who could use all the positive discussion it can get. :/

TheCardPlayer said:

Jiggy said:
Dude, I think a large number of even very forgiving posters have turned against NOA by now, but at least keep your Nintendo-related bitterness in Nintendo-related threads instead of derailing conversations about a game made by a third-party who could use all the positive discussion it can get. :/
This.

It's like derailing the MM9 reveal thread by crying about how you wont get it because of the limited space on the Wii. And plus, as fare as I care EXCITE!!! > crappy controled FF4/ DDay/ Cap. Rainbow or w/e other Wii game people bitch about not getting in NA that NoJ pubbed.

pakkit said:
Tecmo said Fatal Frame 4 was blocked by Nintendo of America . . .so what now?

smug.gif
Soooo no eng speaking area will have this game Pubbed by Nintendo as fare as we know? Ok . . .

Anyway, I think there will be some kinda importance with the water . . . the moon has to be of some importance as well. Maybe the ocean level is getting higher because of the moon and thats causing some kind of war that kilt Disco's family! 0_o

Obvious Nintendo has publishing rights to FF4 in NA because they published it in Japan.

Otherwise, they're not going to go after NA/EU publishing rights and then go "nope, we decided no to so that you can't as well".

XSEED said that it's really difficult getting publishing rights to Nintendo's games.

But they said FF4 would be coming over too...

But E3 hasn't come and gone yet, so we'll see I guess.

neojubei said:
Well he always have a right to change his mind if he does not want to buy it.

Of course he does. That's not really the point though.

The point is this place would be a lot better if people would stop posturing as 'RPG fans' when they're really 'RPG on my platform fans'.

It's apparent when people who already carry a reputation suddenly are interested in a game they were formerly bashing, particularly when they had a chance to buy it in the first place (being a multiple system owner).

Jiggy said:
Well, between Disco Swordsman and Best Girl Design Ever, I don't know how much better it could get! Now if only they manage to have a Tales game without a token annoying kid between the age of ten and twelve, we're sure to behold miracles. :O

Strange that I get a chibi-ish Aeris' lil sister vibe from her....perhaps her imminent death helped that comparison more. Will she really die at the beginning of the disc in the 'Tales of' dimension, or like her big sister at the end of a disc...in that other shall-not-be-named rpg series dimension? Could it be that Aeris realized how godawful the story and characters were in her birth game that she faked her death with Sephiroth's help so she can escape to better games? Hmm, she did appear in FFT...too bad Cloud found her there. Poor girl can't catch a break. Maybe this girl is the secret child of Aeris and some random blue-haired stranger in this rpg series dimension? Is Aeris an undercover world hopper?

Speaking of insanity...

neojubei said:
Nothing wrong with that.

Except 400 dollars.

rykomatsu said:
I think it was a joke...believe it was the same person that tore all his copies of Kannagi after it turned out that Nagi wasn't a virgin (or possibly wasn't a virgin) who was also the same person who broke his Memories Off CD for some other reason too just to get a rise out of people

Brilliant.

Jiggy

Best Girl Design Ever retains her title even with full body shots! So happy those didn't ruin her.

On another note, Graces is coming this winter--from only 30% done? Huh.

Direct links, just 8 to 15MB but they do take their time...

mms://221.243.119.235/tov/tov_pv_1m_vjxoj.wmv
mms://221.243.119.235/tog/tog_pv_1m_br19p.wmv
mms://221.243.119.235/xbox_tales/ps3/pv_1m_p2j6ks.wmv

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy said:
Best Girl Design Ever retains her title even with full body shots! So happy those didn't ruin her.

On another note, Graces is coming this winter--from only 30% done? Huh.

This is Tales we are talking about, so it's not surprising at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom