• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo2046

Man God

Non-Canon Member
pakkit said:
It looks a helluva lot better than ToS2.

For all it's problems I found Dawn of the New World to be quite fun. In some ways I prefer it to Vesperia to be perfectly honest.

I think the game is always going to get a bad rap because of the main character and its proximity to ToV but its easily my favorite spin off title.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Even his movement makes him look like he's dancing.

Disco swordsman indeed.

pakkit

Banned
Man God said:
For all it's problems I found Dawn of the New World to be quite fun. In some ways I prefer it to Vesperia to be perfectly honest.

Yeah, I was speaking in purely aesthetic terms. DotNW was pretty decent once it picked up. It gave an awful first impression though, but once you dug into the (surprisingly good) story and started appreciating the action, it was a good romp.

Delio

Graces looks awesome and yes i loved Dawn of a new world. Very fun and it helps i love monster cacthing haha.

Tales of Graces looks awesome... liking it so far and only less than half done.. can't wait

Tales of VS Trailer got me hyped up, I get myself a PSP-3000 for the game if it comes out in the US

Tales of Vesperia PS3 is good as well, not played the 360 version so my hype level is high for it.

Jiggy

Watched the VS trailer. Multiple platforms at varying heights on a stage? Super-rocking music? Some sort of 2D mode? It's basically the incarnation of my dreams, and I think I'm now up to like a dozen reasons I need to have this game. :O

Jiggy said:
Watched the VS trailer. Multiple platforms at varying heights on a stage? Super-rocking music? Some sort of 2D mode? It's basically the incarnation of my dreams, and I think I'm now up to like a dozen reasons I need to have this game. :O
Why the '?' before showing the 2D mode though? It bugged me a little. I hope its not the mobile version because it looks hawt.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Why the '?' before showing the 2D mode though? It bugged me a little. I hope its not the mobile version because it looks hawt.

The magazine also offers up a couple of mysterious screenshots of the game. These appear to depict fully 2D combat. The game's producer, Ryuji Odate, told the magazine that the screens are from a mode of play that's separate from the main fighting mode, but wouldn't get into specifics.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14254175.html

YAY, looks like they're again using motion capture for Graces, you can definitely tell as to how they run from the tanks, looks just like how the charaters would move in DotNW!

I didn't have much doubt, but it's nice to see them indeed using it again! :D

The game does kick DotNW in the nuts as far as graphics and art style goes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Graces video looked great, not too sure about Vs. Trying to keep my mind away from non-localization issues although both games seem like they'll make it over for reasons already posted in the thread. Anyway, all this stuff is pushing me to finally getting to play Vesperia.

I like the new girl's out fit! She reminds me of Colette in that she looks "soft/ gentil" but instead of clumsy she looks "shy/ interverted". My Hinata fan power is looking closely at her!

Whats up with the lil blue haired girl at the end?

neo2046

yes ToG looks good

Hero of Legend said:
Can someone post a saveable link to the Graces trailer? The one from the website isn't saveable oddly. :(
not work to you ?
mms://221.243.119.235/tog/tog_pv_1m_br19p.wmv

(Edited)
amybe you can capture the video at youtube

Tales of Graces (Wii) PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz4KZIPgOzQ&fmt=18

Tales of VS (PSP) PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7dn9eL3KM&fmt=18

Tales of Vesperia (PS3) PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_jqQntbYUk&fmt=18

jeremy1456

Whoa, I love Tales of Graces style! As long as they don't mess up the battle system, or less importantly, have a bad storyline I could see it being better than even vesperia.

jeremy1456

I really, really like the music in that Tales of Vs. trailer.

Gameplay doesn't look that great though. Still, if it comes out here it might be time to dust off the ol' PSP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wait, is it me or the 3D graphics Linear Motion Battle System is actually 2D?

The inclusion of a full 2D mode makes me happy, however.

Aru

Isn't Tales of Vs already trademarked in the USA ?
Also, the trailer is entirely in english...
Kinda strange for a japan-only game :p

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Tales of Vesperia PS3 version looks great, I will double dip if they released it in the states. The game is THAT good.

Tales of Graces look excellent, I really can't say anything about it except that everything looks great about it so far. Tales of Versus also looks good, here is hoping that they have more females so it wont be like Final Fantasy Sausagefest Dissidia.

Jiggy

Eternia PSP is the really unforgivable one since it already had an English translation for PAL regions. At least we got Radiant Mythology 1, but as much as I loved that game, I'd much prefer to have the combined strength of Eternia, Rebirth, Innocence, and Hearts. :( And, of course, Radiant Mythology 2.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jiggy said:
Eternia PSP is the really unforgivable one since it already had an English translation for PAL regions. At least we got Radiant Mythology 1, but as much as I loved that game, I'd much prefer to have the combined strength of Eternia, Rebirth, Innocence, and Hearts. :( And, of course, Radiant Mythology 2.

Radiant Mythology 2 is such an excellent game, it is a pity that its chances of a USA release is slim.

The lack of Tales of Hearts is equally saddening.

Jiggy said:

At least you actually got some (all?) of the PS2 games. If it wasn't for Nintendo I doubt Symphonia (GC) would have even been released. And what else did we get, a PSP port of PSOne game that was never released here originally, and a GBA game. As much as USers complain about Namco's Tales localisations, compared to the PAL releases, you are swimming in a sea of choice.

jeremy1456

Hero of Legend said:
Guys, Radiant Mythology 1 made it over, so not all hope is lost for handheld Tales games!

Radiant Mythology 2 makes it seem as if Namco has 'learned' from their 'mistakes'.

Yeah, it definitely sucks that it hasn't been announced for release here.

Aru

Jiggy said:

Eternia PSP is a straight port and SCEA doesn't allow straight ports of PS1 games on the PSP. They need to have bonus content or be in a compilation.
That's why it never made it in the USA.

Here's my first pass at the dialog:

As a kid:

If I don't become strong, someone will get hurt or die...
I must become strong. I don't want to lose anyone ever again.

Then as an adult:

Ranto and Fenderu's land dispute has gotten violent...
My father works a hard life doing correspondence.

Before it develops into a full blown fight, Won't you return?

Before we realized...

Next scene, with crab tanks

Fenderu is bringing that in too!?

Whatever we do, if we don't stop it here...

Next scene, talking to little girl

-I thought I'd protect everyone, but the best chance is you
-me?
-Become strong... Become a knight... And then protect everyone.

Kid voice again
This time I'll definetly show you how I can protect everyone!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just saw the youtube videos on my iphone and Tales of Vesperia PS3 version looks awesome. Its going to be a long wait until autumn to get the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hero of Legend said:
Guys, Radiant Mythology 1 made it over, so not all hope is lost for handheld Tales games!

Wasn't Radiant Mythology a test? Didn't it fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom